Lowellyn

is noa2 is really needed during interview ?

5 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hi guys... one of my friend asking me if noa2 is really needed during medical and interview... she only got NVC letter with manila case no. but her and her fiancee did not even received a noa2 either email or mail..They only received an NVC letter stating that NVC received the approved petition and they will forward the packet to USEM within a week with MNL case no. on it...So, i need ur help guyz .. i cant answer her question... SO IS IT OK SHE CAN PROCEED TO MEDICAL NOW without a NOA2?????EVEN IF SHE ONLY GOT AN NVC LETTER WITH MANILA CASE NO. ??how about in interview?? do the consul ask about noa2????? actually they called USCIS and VSC regarding about the noa2...they said they will send it within 15-30 days...and they can just proceed a medical showing only NVC letter w/ mnl case no. is it really okie guyz???? any reply will greatly appreciated.. Thanks a lot...

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

hello sis!

yes it is fine.

According to them, the NOA2 is just a letter. they wont ask it, what is important is the mnl case number then she can proceed in paying her visa & schedule her interview and do the medical. the guard would ask the letter nvc that is being sent to her with mnl case number..

i got that info from the members here who is done with the process.

hope it helps.

shella

K1 Timeline

8/16/2011 - Mailed I-129F

8/19/2011 - I-129F Received at Dallas Lock Box

08/26/2011 - Received official I-797C Notice Of Action in Mail

03/09/2012 - NOA2

04/11/2012 - Medical - PASSED!

04/19/2012 - PRISM Counselling

04/24/2012 - Interview - APPROVED!

05/04/2012 - VISA on Hand yay!

05/11/2012 - POE -Detroit

I had my K1 NOA2 with me but it wasn't used in my medical or during the interview. For the interview, better be prepared and have all the available documentations, though. It's also needed when you file for AOS (but it comes after you arrive in the US and get married).

For the medical, she can show the NVC letter but they'll be looking for the Manila embassy letter stating that you must get your medical (which may arrive after a month after the embassy receives your packet so go ahead and use the NVC letter). I just showed an email from NVC with the MNL number in it and the St. lukes guard let me in. You will be asked to sign something during the medical to acknowledge that you are taking the medical without the embassy's letter requiring you to do it. I think the point there is that you are paying for and undergoing the medical even if there is no required documentation for you to do so.

N-400

2015-01-28: filed N-400
2015-01-30: delivered
2015-02-03: email/txt received
2015-02-04: check cashed

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I went to my medical without NOA2. They just asked me to write down my case number on the patient record so just make sure it is accurate. I recommend registering online at SLEC.ph and print out your record to show the security and it will make things easier for you at the registration.

Same thing with the interview, you do not need the NOA2 (I went and got my visa without one!). The US Embassy will know if you were approved by the NVC or not. Having the case number is sufficient because that is what they need to look up your records from the system.

Good luck!

I went to my medical without NOA2. They just asked me to write down my case number on the patient record so just make sure it is accurate. I recommend registering online at SLEC.ph and print out your record to show the security and it will make things easier for you at the registration.

Same thing with the interview, you do not need the NOA2 (I went and got my visa without one!). The US Embassy will know if you were approved by the NVC or not. Having the case number is sufficient because that is what they need to look up your records from the system.

Good luck!

[/quote

Your so right ! Even though my fiance said they were RUDE about it because she did not have an appointment letter yet,they did the medical anyway after signing the statement. You DO need your passport and two 2x2 photos etc.. You can download the applicant instructions packet that USEM will mail to you anyway, at the US Embassy /Manila website. Dont wait for it to be mailed to you could take months! AND dont go to medical if you expect your PERIOD ! LOL they will not do the physical ! you will have to come back another time!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.