abdelnish83

Marry in morocco

14 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

I know ppl have posted this b4 but im having trouble finding out what we need to get married in morocco? im thinking of just living with him there for a year and getting married and starting a new petition. Can someone please please tell me things i need or advice i on things i can do now to start that process. and how long are things gonna take?

Filed I129F: 03/4/2011

Received by USCIS: 3/8/2011

NOA:3/10/2011

NOA2:06/21/2011

Case# received from NVC: 07/1/2011.

got packet 3/4: Aug/4/2011

Interview: Sept 21st 2011

Timeline

I know ppl have posted this b4 but im having trouble finding out what we need to get married in morocco? im thinking of just living with him there for a year and getting married and starting a new petition. Can someone please please tell me things i need or advice i on things i can do now to start that process. and how long are things gonna take?

Documents a U.S. Citizen Needs to Marry in Morocco

a. A valid U.S. passport and copies of the biographic page and the page containing your date of entry to Morocco. Some but not all local authorities require the u.s. consulate general to certifiy these copies, but it is better to do it in case you need it than to have to make an extra trip to Casablanca.

b. If divorced, proof of dissolution of any previous marriages. Provide original or certified copies of these documents.

c. If former spouse is deceased, his or her death certificate. Provide original or certified copies

d. A completed Affidavit of Nationality and Eligibility to Marry. This document may be obtained at the U.S. Consulate General in Casablanca during public hours. There is a fee of $30.00 for a consular officer to notarize the document. The document is in English and you will need to have it translated. The document is the only reason you will need to visit the U.S. consulate General in relation to getting married.

e. A birth certificate. Provide an original or certified copy of this document.

f. An American police record must be obtained from a police department in the state where you last resided or from the FBI at http://www.fbi.gov/hq/djisd/fprequest.html

g. Work certificate or other proof of employment

i A medical certificate of good health from a doctor in Morocco. This document must be obtained in Morocco. (he didn't even examine me we just paid the money and he wrote the certificate)

j. Four recent passport photos 3cmX 4 cm, same size required for a moroccan passport.

K. The fee for submitting an application for marriage to an adoul varies depending on which odool and which city. Actually, the fees for everything in morocco vary for americans.

It will take anywhere from 2-5 weeks to get married there. Best wishes!

Edited by Moroccan-Wife

Timeline

Every city has their own way of doing stuff. Abdul went back and forth to the court like a million times... I went a couple of times but got tired of the nonsense I don't have the patience for the mess that goes on there. If the were in america someone would get cursed out..... The doctor I went to preformed a brief exam and a sonogram.

8QTYm5.png

FXz7m5.png

Timeline

The fee is now $50

:(

I stand corrected. It was $30 when I did it last year. Even then, I thought it seemed like a lot for a stamp on a piece of paper that takes 30 seconds. :angry:

As for the medical, I meant to add that.... even though he didn't do a real exam, he did send me for a pregancy test. They drew blood for that. :o

Timeline

I have been curious about this same thing! myself and my love have ran back and forth with what visa we want to do and whatnot... we are engaged but had wanted to do CR-1 but Dec will be my first trip to morocco and i dont think we will have alot of evidence. so now thinking about the K-1 visa even though it takes longer. i would love to get married in morocco originally but without the correct information and proof i dont want to mess up and get denied!! my fiance' is from taza so would it be different than any of the other towns/cities in Morocco?? and if we do the k-1 visa and get married here, would we be able to go back to morocco and have a service as well?

good luck with everything!! are you planning on doing the long traditional moroccan wedding?! they are beautiful!

Timeline

I have been curious about this same thing! myself and my love have ran back and forth with what visa we want to do and whatnot... we are engaged but had wanted to do CR-1 but Dec will be my first trip to morocco and i dont think we will have alot of evidence.

Courtney, I hate to put it this way, but casa rarely approves any visa after just one visit. It will be very hard for you if that is your intention.

Timeline

I have been curious about this same thing! myself and my love have ran back and forth with what visa we want to do and whatnot... we are engaged but had wanted to do CR-1 but Dec will be my first trip to morocco and i dont think we will have alot of evidence. so now thinking about the K-1 visa even though it takes longer. i would love to get married in morocco originally but without the correct information and proof i dont want to mess up and get denied!! my fiance' is from taza so would it be different than any of the other towns/cities in Morocco?? and if we do the k-1 visa and get married here, would we be able to go back to morocco and have a service as well?

good luck with everything!! are you planning on doing the long traditional moroccan wedding?! they are beautiful!

You could do everything just right and still get sent back/denied in casa...... I really think there is a whole separate rule book for Morocco and it's BLANK!!!!!! LOL So any and everything goes and any and everything can happen :0) Prepare yourself for a wild roller coaster ride.... And you sure better be sure it is what you want before you start investing your time and money in it because your patience will be tested....

8QTYm5.png

FXz7m5.png

Timeline

I stand corrected. It was $30 when I did it last year. Even then, I thought it seemed like a lot for a stamp on a piece of paper that takes 30 seconds. :angry:

As for the medical, I meant to add that.... even though he didn't do a real exam, he did send me for a pregancy test. They drew blood for that. :o

We $100 at the consulate for 2 documents 1 was the notarized copy of my passport and I can't remember what the second was

8QTYm5.png

FXz7m5.png

Timeline

cant u cant a copy of ur passport notarized here? in America

Edited by abdelnish83

Filed I129F: 03/4/2011

Received by USCIS: 3/8/2011

NOA:3/10/2011

NOA2:06/21/2011

Case# received from NVC: 07/1/2011.

got packet 3/4: Aug/4/2011

Interview: Sept 21st 2011

Timeline

cant u cant a copy of ur passport notarized here? in America

The reason you can't have it notarized here is because it won't have the border entry stamp yet showing the date you entered morocco. They copy your bio page and also the page that shows your date of entry.....at least, that's what they did on mine.

Timeline

Courtney, I hate to put it this way, but casa rarely approves any visa after just one visit. It will be very hard for you if that is your intention.

i thought the same thing... im hoping after my visit in Dec we can talk and discuss some other visits and options we have regarding his visa. its hard to really lay everything out for the both of us to see and be on the same page until we are together so thats what we are gearing for when i go in Dec.

Timeline

You could do everything just right and still get sent back/denied in casa...... I really think there is a whole separate rule book for Morocco and it's BLANK!!!!!! LOL So any and everything goes and any and everything can happen :0) Prepare yourself for a wild roller coaster ride.... And you sure better be sure it is what you want before you start investing your time and money in it because your patience will be tested....

i have heard that from many about casa, i wonder why it is so bad? thank you for your words! after Dec abedine and i will have a better understanding after sitting down together and deciding as a couple what we want to do. im on here trying to learn as much as possible and gain support and comfort with the process when we begin out journey! hope yours is going as well as possible!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.