r3dm0h4wk1988

ds 230 question

5 posts in this topic

Right hey guys i'm new here, first topic and all, and already i'm having problems, basically i've recieved my letter telling me what i need to send off for my Packet 3, what i need to know is the ds 230? is it just the first 2 pages of the form or the whole thing?

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

Right hey guys i'm new here, first topic and all, and already i'm having problems, basically i've recieved my letter telling me what i need to send off for my Packet 3, what i need to know is the ds 230? is it just the first 2 pages of the form or the whole thing?

Just the form not the explanation of it.

Edited by Barbara J

Divorced !st November 2012.

Married only 2 years 1 month

The DS-230 has a Part 1 and Part 2. Most consulates only require part 1 but some ask for part 2 also. So it should say in you letter.

NOA1 - 12/21/15

NOA2 - 04/18/16

NVC Receive - 04/29/16

NVC Welcome - 05/13/16

DS-261 - 05/14/16

AOS, IV PAID - 05/27/16

DS260 done - 06/10/16

Case Transferred to US Embassy in Riga Latvia at the end of October.

If you really want it, you'll find a way!

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

Yup.... I also just got an e-mail from the NVC stating that they are "waiting for an immigrant visa application". :blink: .... so somewhere along the line I missed some instruction to send in the DS-230 form?... so they are waiting for it ?!?!?

This letter is as clear as mud. But after reviewing several posts on this great site I think I've got it figured out. The NVC just wants "Part 1" filled out and sent to them..... :unsure: right? (and "supporting documents").

So my wife will turn in "Part 2" when she goes in for her interview?..... uh..... :huh: I think.

We've already been approved regarding the I-129F and the I-130 (in which they approved them at the same time so they "administratively closed" the I-129F).... ok, fine..... then I submitted the "Affidavit of Support".... and so now I got this letter. Here is the main part of the letter about the DS-230....

______1 - IMMIGRANT VISA APPLICATION PART 1:_______________________

The National Visa Center is waiting for an Immigrant Visa Application to be submitted for this case.

The Principal Applicant and any other Applicants who will be accompanying him or her to the United

States must now download and complete an Immigrant Visa Application; please visit the following

website for instructions:

http://immigrantvisas.state.gov (click on the link for "submit Visa application and civil documents")

Please submit the Immigrant Visa Application form(s) and required supporting documents for each

Applicant in one package to the National Visa Center; sending this information separately will delay

your visa.

Honestly, it is quite confusing.... because "Part 2" has the section at the end of the form that requires my wife to appear before the Consulate. So I guess she will soon go in with both Parts 1 & 2 (and another batch of the same supporting documents?!)

So, at this point we are I-130 "approved".... and I have submitted the "Affidavit of Support" which I guess was fine because then very soon after submitting that, the NVC sent me the letter (part of it shown in green, above).

So...... if anyone would like to comment on this, I would appreciate it.

Wow.... what a process!

Our wedding pics with music...

http://animoto.com/play/SA1SIQmniZA5gRc3pxkDEA

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

I got my answers.... I just called the NVC (twice while I was completing the DS-230 Form).

I was "on hold" less than two minutes each time. The individuals who helped me were knowledgeable and courteous.

Our wedding pics with music...

http://animoto.com/play/SA1SIQmniZA5gRc3pxkDEA

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.