Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  

interview notice received for K3 but I already paid ds-230

2 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

Ok, I think I just threw away $760 aaarggh. :crying: Anyways, I got the bill for my wife and daughter's ds-230 and paid it yesterday. But today I spoke to her and she told me she just got packet 4 w/ ds-156 and appointment date for 11/15/06. So here is my problem should I go ahead and purse the K3 or just go with the CR-1? If I pursue the CR-1 how much longer will she wait since she is in Manila? Based on the experience of other people in the site it appears that the K3 visa will be issued w/in a month of the interview. I realize others go back and get the CR-1 once it's approved but that doesn't seem like a good idea since the airline tickets for her and my daughter to Manila would be more expensive than the AOS.

Anycase if we go ahead and pursue the K3 and decide to just do the AOS do I need to let NVC or the embassy know about it so that the I-130 can be sent back to CIS. Which do I inform about this matter NVC or embassy? I know cost wise it would probaby be better to just wait for the CR-1 but we both want her to be here by December. So I guest I really dropped the a $760 ball on this one by paying the $380x2 fee for the DS-230.

Oh another thing is any of this tax deductible? :lol:

BTW when I paid the ds-230 fee we had been waiting over a month for the packet 4 and wasn't sure when she would get it and I had held off on payment for a week.

Edited by Erick

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

Need to add also that we never got a packet 3 but the packet 4 that she received looked like a mixture of the both w/o the ds-230. Is this normally the case?

I am just too excited now to really care about the $760. But I really need to know what I should do about the I-130 if she enters w/ the K3? Will the NVC still have it if I just paid the fee but havent sent the DS-230 and I-864 or will it already be with the embassy? If the NVC has it I presume I can write them to transfer it back to USCIS, is this okay for me to presume?

Please someone??? anyone??? help :help:

Edited by Erick

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites
Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
- Back to Top -

Important Disclaimer: Please read carefully the Visajourney.com Terms of Service. If you do not agree to the Terms of Service you should not access or view any page (including this page) on VisaJourney.com. Answers and comments provided on Visajourney.com Forums are general information, and are not intended to substitute for informed professional medical, psychiatric, psychological, tax, legal, investment, accounting, or other professional advice. Visajourney.com does not endorse, and expressly disclaims liability for any product, manufacturer, distributor, service or service provider mentioned or any opinion expressed in answers or comments. VisaJourney.com does not condone immigration fraud in any way, shape or manner. VisaJourney.com recommends that if any member or user knows directly of someone involved in fraudulent or illegal activity, that they report such activity directly to the Department of Homeland Security, Immigration and Customs Enforcement. You can contact ICE via email at Immigration.Reply@dhs.gov or you can telephone ICE at 1-866-347-2423. All reported threads/posts containing reference to immigration fraud or illegal activities will be removed from this board. If you feel that you have found inappropriate content, please let us know by contacting us here with a url link to that content. Thank you.