yuliya

ZAGS does not give a certified copy of birth certificate for NVC

6 posts in this topic

Timeline

NVC web site requires a certified copy of birth certificate from ZAGS. ZAGS told me that they can't do that, and that I should make a copy and certify it by a notary. However, it would not satisfy the NVC requirement.

ZAGS told me that if I write a letter that I lost my original birth certificate, then they would give me a duplicate.

Please help how to get original birth certificate for NVC and interview? Thanks

Email NVC or the embassy. They'll set you straight.

I don't remember this being an issue when my wife sent hers.

Русский форум член.

Ensure your beneficiary makes and brings with them to the States a copy of the DS-3025 (vaccination form)

If the government is going to force me to exercise my "right" to health care, then they better start requiring people to exercise their Right to Bear Arms. - "Where's my public option rifle?"

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Russia
Timeline

Yuliya, you have to send your ORIGINAL birth certificate to NVC. Yes, it is scary, but it fulfills the requirement. Send originals of everything (birth, police certificates) and a set of copies of everything. The NVC will keep the copies and you will get the original at the interview in the Embassy. Make sure to put a line in your cover letter asking to return the original to you at the interview.

I have not seen anybody have any problems in Russia with that.

Don't be scared to send it, make sure you use a good express mail company. And of course make a digital and a notarized copy of it first for your own records until you get it back.

Good luck.

Timeline

Thanks!

Sofya, does it mean that you do not have to bring originals (but only photocopies and translations if required)for the interview because the NVC will forward it to the embassy?

Do we need apostille for Russian documents?

Regarding I-864, my husband does not need to mail the original to me either because the NVC will send it to the embassy, right?

Thanks a lot,

Yulia

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

Hi Julia,

I'm a US citizen and my wife is a Russian citizen, we are currenty on the CR-1 path at the NVC stage. Just recently submitted the DS-230 form and supporting civil documents. I was a little confused with the civil documents requirement so I called NVC and spoke to two different operators and both told me the same thing.

Question: Do I need to submit with the DS-230 original Russian civil documents?

Answer: No. Moscow Embassy (I don't about other Embassies) does not require original civil documents (marriage,birth certificates etc). But Beneficiary (my wife) must bring originals to interview.

Question: so then do these photocopies require certified translations?

Answer: No, since interview is taking place in Moscow and wife must bring originals which are in the Russian language do not require translations. Immigration officers at Embassy read and understand both English and Russian.

Question: I have aposstille stamp on our marriage certificate, do you (NVC) need it? They said it is not necassary. Which is a good thing because I have the original marriage certificate with original aposstille stamp. my wife has a cerified copy of our marriage certicate from ZAGS but it states on the upper right corner "duplicate" and does not have an oposstille stamp which can cause an issue at interview issince I have it and would need to mail it.... I think I will bring it with me when I visit her in 2 weeks. its been almost 6months since we held each other.

in Summary Photocopies of Russian Civil documents are ok at the Moscow US Embasssy but beneficiary must bring originals. No certified translations or Aposstille stamp needed.

You can call NVC at 603.334.0700 and confirmed. Most operators I spoke with were really nice and helpful.

Good Luck in your Journey!

http://travel.state.gov/visa/immigrants/info/info_3195.html

information on this link is general. to get specific requirement details I recommend calling them instead.

USCIS

05/31/2011- mailed I-130 petition

06/06/2011- email and text NOA1, routed to CSC

06/07/2011- check cashed

06/10/2011 - Received NOA1 hard copy

07/06/2011 - NOA2 Notice date (30 days from NOA1 email, I could not believe it!)

07/12/2011 - NOA2 Received in mail yay!

NVC

07/25/2011 - case arrives at NVC

08/01/2011 - NVC advised petition in building since 7/25/11 and need 4-6 weeks to enter into system. what!!

08/17/2011 - NVC case# given to me 42 days after notice date 7/06/11, 23 days after case arrived at NVC on 7/25/11

8/18/11 - now waiting for bills to be generated and submit DS-3032,I-864ez,DS-230 I suspect to here at NVC for another 2-3 weeks.

8/20/2011 - AOS bill generated and paid $88 online (pending)

8/21/2011 - Resend DS-3032 via email

8/24/2011 - AOS bill shows paid and printed cover page

8/25/2011 - DS_3032 chose of agent approved

8/25/2011 - mailed Affidavit of support and tax documents

8/26/2011 - AOS and tax documents arrived, letter signed by NVC

8/28/2011 - IV bill generated and paid $404 online (pending)

8/30/2011 - IV bill shows paid and printed cover page

8/31/2011 - NVC Operator advise over the phone that AOS is approved

9/17/2011 - mailed DS-230

9/20/2011 - NVC received DS-230

9/23/2011 - NVC case completed, waiting for interview date

9/30/2011 - NVC advises that case complete, interview date 11/09/2011 yay!!!

10/21/2011 - had a great time with my wife and in-laws in Russia! miss her already!

11/09/2011 - Visa Approved!!!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.