maning

I thought NBI clearances take a day to process?

34 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Ok just got off the phone with my fiancee. She was part of the group that applied back in July 2011 for an NBI clearance and they said here NBI clearance will not be able till first week of October 2011 due to some computer glitch/upgrade. Someone on the site and various other sources have stated that they got their NBI clearances in one day. She first applied thru Clark Freeport Zone in Pampanga and I told her to go the San Fernando branch and inquire if they can process her NBI clearance in one day. They said it will take 35 days! So she didn't reapply for a new NBI clearance and she plans to wait till October till the NBI Clearance comes in... where in the hell can you get a NBI clearance in one day... i swear its a myth!

I'm sorry but she's been trying to get her NBI clearance since July 2011 and its already September 15, 2011 and she still does not have one! I am so pissed off with all the bureaucry that you have to deal with during the visa process.

Vermont Service Center

US Embassy In Manila, The Philippines

I-129F Sent: 2011-04-25

I-129F NOA1: 2011-04-26

I-129F NOA2: 2011-09-29

NVC Received:2011-09-29

NVC Left: 2011-10-18

Consulate Received: 2011-11-03

Packet 3 Received: 2011-11-07

Interview Date: 2011-11-23

Interview Result: Approved!

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Timeline

Yes same here i got the same problem, mine is worst I'am from Cabanatuan City and they said to me they can release my New NBI Clearance in 2 months time that's crazy, even if you apply for renewal the same process. One of VJ member told me about their New System in Baguio City that they can release NBI clearance the same day, i am goin to that branch. :) Hope this will help

Timeline

Not a myth, but sounds like each location is a little different. In the past it took one day. Around july they went offline to upgrade or switch to a new computerized system. So everyone ( including my fiance) was told it will take 30 days while the system is offline. This was on Leyte. They are back online now. My fiance did get hers in 30 days so I'm not sure why yours is still not done but yeah maybe need to try an office that is back online with 1 day service. Jim.

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

Ok just got off the phone with my fiancee. She was part of the group that applied back in July 2011 for an NBI clearance and they said here NBI clearance will not be able till first week of October 2011 due to some computer glitch/upgrade. Someone on the site and various other sources have stated that they got their NBI clearances in one day. She first applied thru Clark Freeport Zone in Pampanga and I told her to go the San Fernando branch and inquire if they can process her NBI clearance in one day. They said it will take 35 days! So she didn't reapply for a new NBI clearance and she plans to wait till October till the NBI Clearance comes in... where in the hell can you get a NBI clearance in one day... i swear its a myth!

I'm sorry but she's been trying to get her NBI clearance since July 2011 and its already September 15, 2011 and she still does not have one! I am so pissed off with all the bureaucry that you have to deal with during the visa process.

I got mine for one day last Aug 18 at NBI San fernando because there's no more NBI in Clakrfield. I advise to don't inquire because they really give u the max days....just go there but go there early because they only cater 400 customers per day, fill out a form and wait for the long process...the process will take away ur whole day but once u receive ur NBI, it's all worth it... Actually, they told me the same about the 1 month process of the NBI clearance because of the new system (no, they are back to old system because NBI didn't renew their IT system anymore this year), and some even told me it takes 3months but I applied anyways and I was so glad I applied and didn't listen....well, I've known to be stubborn and persistent :))

or if u want to get it for one day for sure, and many already did it, go straight to NBI main branch in Manila....:)

Good luck...hope this will help u...

Edited by TJ01212011

When life gives you lemons, ask for tequilla and salt....:)

Visa Journey

Mar 02 2011 - Sent I-129F package to Dallas Lockbox

Mar 08 2011 - Delivered to Dallas

Mar 11 2011 - Check in cashed..

Mar 12 2011 - Initial Review; Status Last update...

Mar 14 2011 - NOA1 received by email - petition routed to VSC

Aug 10 2011- unexpectedly received mail from NVC saying we are approved

w/ my MNL case # on it.

Aug 11 2011- My approved petition already at USEM :)

Aug 16 2011- Finally, USCIS update our status..

Aug 22-23 2011 - Medical Exam: Passed! yay!

Aug 22 2011 - finally received hardcopy of NOA2 on mail and we were approved since Jul 13, 2011

Sep 02 2011 - Interview date! approved!

Sep 14 2011 - Visa received!

Sep 19 2011 - POE (Guam)

Oct 14 2011 - Wedding Day

Nov 21 2011 - AOS Sent

Nov 25 2011 - AOS Delivered

Nov 30 2011 - NOA1s received by email/

Dec 06 2011 - NOA1s hard copies received dated Nov 30, 2011

Dec 22 2011 - Biometric done

Timeline

Yes same here i got the same problem, mine is worst I'am from Cabanatuan City and they said to me they can release my New NBI Clearance in 2 months time that's crazy, even if you apply for renewal the same process. One of VJ member told me about their New System in Baguio City that they can release NBI clearance the same day, i am goin to that branch. :) Hope this will help

Call ahead of time and ask the Baguio branch if they have the new system installed where they can process in one day. I would hate for you to travel all the way there and find out they don't have the new system available or its offline again.

What I'm hearing is that only Manila Main office, Cebu office, and Davao office has the new system up and running. I also heard from a VJ member who applied through Baguio and got her's within a day. So who knows... but better to call and get a straight answer before making the trip.

Vermont Service Center

if your partner still has an old copy of her NBI clearance, better for her to go to an NBI kiosk than an NBI satellite center. It takes a day only if her old clearance is used, and reprinted. Only takes longer time if there are Hits (same name and data) or if she goes to a satellite center which will do further background check on her. i went to a satellite center, because it was needed, since i had a change of name process and it took me 3 weeks before i got mine.

Edited by iwuvcheshert

SERVICE CENTER : California

CONSULATE : Manila

MARRIAGE : Feb 15, 2010

I -130 SENT : April 26, 2011

NOA 1 : May 1, 2011

TOUCHED : May 5, 2011

NOA2 : August 1, 2011

Our I-130 was approved in 92 days from our NOA1 date.

CASE NUMBER ASSSIGNED : Sept. 12, 2011

EMAILED DS3032 : October 6, 2011

AOS FEE BILL PAID : October 11, 2011

IV FEE BILL PAID : October 24, 2011

NVC received AOS and IV packs = Nov. 3, 2011

NVC RESPONSE = Nov. 8, 2011 - RFE for missing proof of relationship with co-sponsor

Mailed RFE file = Nov. 9, 2011

NVC received RFE = November 14, 2011, 9:54 am, PORTSMOUTH, NH 03801

CASE CLOSED = Nov. 18, 2011 :D

MEDICAL EXAM = Dec 20-21, 2011 = PASSED!!!

INTERVIEW DATE = January 6, 2012 = APPROVED!!! ----Our interview took 250 days from our I-130 NOA1 date.

VISA PRODUCTION = January 6,2012

VISA DELIVERY = January 11, 2012

POE = Feb.18, 2012

SSN Received = Feb 25, 2012

GC received = April 5, 2012 (incorrect data entry :((, sent back April 9, 2012)

CORRECT GC RECEIVED = August 22, 2012, granted IR1 (10 year gc)

that's where our USCIS process ends for now.. will wait for the next 3-4 years what we'll do next...

9choykrk1el55.png

um4z3ia1n.png

event.png

Timeline

I got mine for one day last Aug 18 at NBI San fernando because there's no more NBI in Clakrfield. I advise to don't inquire because they really give u the max days....just go there but go there early because they only cater 400 customers per day, fill out a form and wait for the long process...the process will take away ur whole day but once u receive ur NBI, it's all worth it... Actually, they told me the same about the 1 month process of the NBI clearance because of the new system (no, they are back to old system because NBI didn't renew their IT system anymore this year), and some even told me it takes 3months but I applied anyways and I was so glad I applied and didn't listen....well, I've known to be stubborn and persistent :))

or if u want to get it for one day for sure, and many already did it, go straight to NBI main branch in Manila....:)

Good luck...hope this will help u...

Heh, I kinda wish she reapplied, but she already left San Fernando since they told her it will take 35 days. So her plan was to stick with the NBI Clearance coming in on October that she applied for previously.

We cannot wait till October and worried that if we wait that long and the NBI clearance arrives it will have an error on it.

I plan to just tell her to go to Manila. I know she hates the idea, but if thats our only hope to getting it soon then thats what we have to do.

Thanks for sharing your experience!

Vermont Service Center

Timeline

if your partner still has an old copy of her NBI clearance, better for her to go to an NBI kiosk than an NBI satellite center. It takes a day only if her old clearance is used, and reprinted. Only takes longer time if there are Hits (same name and data) or if she goes to a satellite center which will do further background check on her. it took me 3 weeks before i got mine.

She doesn't have anymore copies. I think her last one she used it for her July 2011 Nursing board exam registration or when she updated her driver's license.

If the NBI satellite office says that her visa will come in on this date... are they pretty accurate on dates or should we expect delays?

I plan for her to to the Manila main office, would they be able to process her NBI clearance in one day? OR should we just wait for the first week of October for her NBI clearance to come in? CONFUSED!

Vermont Service Center

Timeline

the best thing to do is to go to main office at 5am, their quota is 2000 in one day, cause when u applied in local branch it takes one to two months before u got it but if u are government employee (i used my old id) they prioritize it. It only takes 30 minutes and i'm done with the whole thing. it takes too long cause they check the data and the receipt is manual too, and as I remember their computer are more or less 30 pcs, and that includes the clearance printing and computer for finger printing and webcam... and reminder , bring some biscuit and water cause the line is too long u might lose your line if u go outside.

K-1 VISA APPLICATION

June 13, 2011 - Application send to USCIS thru Fedex

June 17, 2011 - I-129F Packet received by USCIS Signed for by: JCATES

June 22, 2011 - NOA1 (via email)

Oct. 12, 2011 - NOA2 (on USCIS website)

Nov. 28, 2011 - VISA APPROVED . Thank you Lord!!!

For more Info: Please look at my timeline...

Timeline

and also to all those people who already applied in the local branch and haven't got it yet, you can apply for another one in main office if u want to get it one day but of course u r going to pay again,

K-1 VISA APPLICATION

Tell her to go to NBI manila which is the main branch and it would only take a day and if she got "name hit" it would only take 2-3 days for the clearance to be issued. Travelling from Pampanga to Manila only takes around 2 hours with traffic so yea..go for the best route :bonk: :bonk:

Timeline

and another thing there is no kiosk now and renew is not available now, everything will be new application.

K-1 VISA APPLICATION

Timeline

the best thing to do is to go to main office at 5am, their quota is 2000 in one day, cause when u applied in local branch it takes one to two months before u got it but if u are government employee (i used my old id) they prioritize it. It only takes 30 minutes and i'm done with the whole thing. it takes too long cause they check the data and the receipt is manual too, and as I remember their computer are more or less 30 pcs, and that includes the clearance printing and computer for finger printing and webcam... and reminder , bring some biscuit and water cause the line is too long u might lose your line if u go outside.

I'm going to have to let her go online and read each and everyone of the comments on this post. She still doesn't believe that she can get her NBI clearance in one day.

I think that's what we plan to do... go to Manila. I know she's going to throw a fit, but i guess thats the sure way in getting her nbi clearance right away.

Vermont Service Center

Timeline

Tell her to go to NBI manila which is the main branch and it would only take a day and if she got "name hit" it would only take 2-3 days for the clearance to be issued. Travelling from Pampanga to Manila only takes around 2 hours with traffic so yea..go for the best route :bonk: :bonk:

Heh I wish it was only 2 hours. 2 hours to get to Manila and then wait for hours for the nbi clearance to process then head back to Pampanga for another 2 hours again. lol

but you're right this is probably the best and sure way to get her NBI clearance fast. Thanks!

Vermont Service Center

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.