CarolineandDan

Interview to actual visa issuance - delay?

4 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Hello,

I have an interview scheduled october 24th (YAYYY). Can somebody who has gone through it tell me how long I can expect for my K1 visa to be issued? I am trying to determine how much notice I should give my employer.

Thanks!

Hey im actually on the same boat im in Boston my fiance is in Dom rep , My interview is on Oct27 , i wanted to wait until she got her visa once approved so we can come in the USA together but i was told it some times delays, some people get in 7 days others 14 and some i have heard stories up to 2 months, i asked about this the other day , and i was told here on journey visa not to take the rick and to continue with my working duties, so what im doing is flying in on sunday oct 23, and and flying back the 30th or the 1st , only taking one week off from work , spend some time enjoying beofre our interview ...

It's so hard to tell. Some people have gotten theirs the very next day .. or if you are like us, it's been over 2 WEEKS and we still haven't received it!! I have looked at so many VJ timelines over the last week and there really is no rhyme or reason.

There is literally nothing you can do but wait .. and wait. I have calle DOS, tried to email Montreal .. so far no answers and no word of where the visa even is (I'm assuming at Montreal but who knows?) :(

OUR JOURNEY ...
12/11/2010 - We got engaged!
K-1 VISA
02/02/11 - Filed I-129F
02/10/11 - NOA1
06/13/11 - NOA2 :)
08/16/11 - Medical exam
08/29/11 - Interview ... APPROVED!
09/19/11 - Visa received
09/20/11 - POE :)
09/22/11 - Our civil court Wedding! <3
AOS
09/23/11 - Filed I-485/EAD/AP
09/28/11 - NOA text/email
10/04/11 - NOA hardcopies
10/17/11 - CSC transfer
11/01/11 - Biometrics (original date)
11/15/11 - Transfer to NYC Office
11/18/11 - NYC Office received
11/29/11 - Biometrics (rescheduled date)
11/29/11 - EAD/AP approved
12/06/11 - EAD/AP card received
06/29/12 - AOS Interview ... GC APPROVED!
08/14/12 - Card Production
08/29/12 - GC received :)
Lifting of Conditions

04/09/14 - Filed I-751
04/14/14 - NOA
??????? - Biometrics

??????? - GC received :)

zssgm4.png
lxUUm5.png

And in this crazy life, and through these crazy times
It's you, it's you, you make me sing.
You're every line, you're every word, you're everything.
You're every song, and I sing along.
'Cause you're my everything ...

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Hello,

I have an interview scheduled october 24th (YAYYY). Can somebody who has gone through it tell me how long I can expect for my K1 visa to be issued? I am trying to determine how much notice I should give my employer.

Thanks!

How much notice you give your employer is probably eitehr a provincial standard or written into your work contract. 2 weeks is generally nice.

As a former K1 - I wouldn't suggest you give your notice at your employer until you know your VISA has been approved. Once you know it's approved at the interview then start making plans and buying plane tickets.

Too many people have given their notice at their apartment rental or job or bought a plane ticket before knowing whether they're approved and then they find something out at the interview that causes a delay in their approval. If your VISA is delayed due to an RFE, it could be 2-3 months before you have an approval and your passport in hand. You'll need somewhere to live and you'll probably want to continue working.

Do not count you chickens before they hatch is all I'm saying.

Wiz(USC) and Udella(Cdn & USC!)

Naturalization

02/22/11 - Filed

02/28/11 - NOA

03/28/11 - FP

06/17/11 - status change - scheduled for interview

06/20?/11 - received physical interview letter

07/13/11 - Interview in Fairfax,VA - easiest 10 minutes of my life

07/19/11 - Oath ceremony in Fairfax, VA

Removal of Conditions

12/1/09 - received at VSC

12/2/09 - NOA's for self and daughter

01/12/10 - Biometrics completed

03/15/10 - 10 Green Card Received - self and daughter

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.