tolowyn

Medical Worries

4 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

I feel like the questions for you guys will never stop flowing! The scariest biggest worry right now seems to be the medical. Iv done a lot of reading on here about how other peoples medicals went and that has calmed a few nerves done. (yeah only a few) but thanks to all who have posted their experiences. This time i have three questions for you guys. 1) what are the questions on the medical history form that they ask you to fill out in the waiting room? is there someone i can get a sample of the questions and look this over??

2) if you have pre-existing medical conditions, or used to when u were younger but now don't, is there a form i need to print out and take to my family Dr for him to fill out so i can bring it to the medical appointment for that Dr? or does my G.P. simply write on a blank sheet of paper, this patient was being treated for *blank* but is now medically sound. This patient is taking *X* medications for *Y* thing but all is medically under control?

This whole part if really freaking me out cuz i know if we get this wrong by the medical interview it will slow things down MEGA. my last(i hope) and 3rd question is, we plan on doing the medical at Medisys in montreal. I'v been on the website but cant find where or how to book an appointment with them. Our interview date is October 19th and i feel like we'r running out of time, even tho at the same time it feels like it cant come fast enough. For anyone in montreal, you know how slowly our Dr's can move and how dismissive and hardly helpful they are, im worried i wont be able ot get whatever it is i need to get from them before the medical appointment/interview. and i havnt book the medical yet. Anyone who can help me answer these worries and help me keep some of the hair left on my head from being pulled,and all my nails from being bitten, would be GREATLY appreciated. Thank you, once again, all. :wacko:

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

You need to phone them and make the appointment by phone. (514) 845-1211

Some of the questions on my form were

Have you had chicken pox?

Have you ever had surgery?

Have you ever stayed over night in a hospital?

Do you have a history of serious illness?

Does your family have history of serious illness?

Your doctor needs to write a letter and provide information on any drugs you are taking and why and if you are not taking them anymore etc. There is no form. Just a letter from your doctor with information.

-------------------------------------------- as1cE-a0g410010MjgybHN8MDA5Njk4c3xNYXJyaWVkIGZvcg.gif

Your I-129f was approved in 5 days from your NOA1 date.

Your interview took 67 days from your I-129F NOA1 date.

AOS was approved in 2 months and 8 days without interview.

ROC was approved in 3 months and 2 days without interview.

I am a Citizen of the United States of America. 04/16/13

Here is the medical exam info for Montreal: http://travel.state.gov/pdf/medical/MTL-MED-ENGL-0005-1103.pdf

The third page gives you the medical offices and their phone numbers.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

thanks guys! got the medical booked no problem. october 6th. :dance: now just for the rest. busy packing now. and got an appointment with the g.p. on the 22nd. the only lil worry i have now, i think, is that the meds im on is not from my g.p. it was from a walk-in clinic. but if my g.p. writes the letter explaining what the meds are for ect, even tho he wasnt the prescribing dr, it should still be ok right?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.