sam357

Visa Approved

7 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Well our visa was approved today and the process was mostly painless. I will try to get a short synopsis of everything I did from start to finish. Others may have done it their own way and that is fine, just sharing what I did.

When I filled out the initial petition I scanned it and sent it via email to my fiancé and had her sign it, scan it, and send it back. We also did the any other documents she needed to sign this way as well. I had her go take some pictures, scan them and email them to me as well. When I got them I used the online tool on the USCIS site and made sure they were the right size and then I printed them out on some photo paper. Everything was accepted and I didn’t receive an RFE for anything. I know other folks mailed and got original signatures for everything but that just didn’t make sense to me. However, everyone needs to do what gives them peace of mind and I was fine with doing it this way.

When I got my NVC notification I waited a couple of days and called and they gave me my case number. When we got this we paid the Visa fee at BPI and did the medical the following week, which I am glad we did because she had to do the Sputum test so that pushed us back a few weeks.

Once the results came back negative we scheduled the interview. We could have done it earlier but I wanted to be here to ease her mind as I know she was nervous.

We got to the embassy about 5 am, I wish I wouldn’t have gone so early as there is really no need. I am glad I read one review the other day though about not standing back by the seawall. If you listen to the hawkers they will tell you to line up by time but don’t listen to them at all. The guards will come out and tell everyone to line up by time inside the barriers. You go through a line outside where they check your appointment letter and her passport. Make sure you get a 2GO delivery form at this point, they forgot to give us one.

You go through security screening and get in another line where your DS forms are checked and given a number. Once inside the interview area we dropped off all the DS forms, appointment letter at window 39. This started the process. We had to wait a while and was called to Window 56. Now this is where my experience may differ from most. We handed the affidavit of support, supporting documentation, and supporting evidence. There was a Filipina screener there and she asked my fiancée only 3 questions…how we met,had she been outside the country and how often I came. When she told her I am there every month she was a little surprised. She asked me about my daughter and did I have a job, I just gave her my employment verification and she was fine. We only had three pictures because I hate taking them but I had one of my daughter and my fiancée taken when she came over with me one trip.

From there we got went next to the fingerprint station and this was the only headache. The fingerprints didn’t take but they didn’t tell us until an hour later so we waited all that time for nothing. Once the fingerprints were taken again we went back and sat for another 30 minutes. We got called up to window 61 and we greeted the American consular. He was friendly and looked over the paperwork. Once we were sworn in he asked her..1.How did we meet. 2. Had she traveled outside the country. He asked me what brought me over and when I told him I am here all the time we just pretty much talked and joked about the PI for a while. He then looked at my fiancée and told her congrats that she is approved. After that we went to window 68 and 69 for the 2GO form which we changed to a pick up at a 2GO outlet.

The process was pretty simple and we had our forms all together. However, like I said I am in the PI every month on business or vacation because I live in Guam. It was pretty easy to see we had been together for a while and it was not a scam marriage. I would still recommend having all that evidence that people suggest because I saw a few get turned down and they had books of evidence where we only had a small binder holding our forms. Good luck to everyone on their journey as well.

Timeline

You are right about one thing. Be careful in what is said or not said. The CO may have been joking with you, but he also wanted to know how much you knew of the PI. I am happy you were approved. Best of luck on the rest of the journey. May you have a wonderful time.

K-1 Visa Timeline:

02/11/2011 - Engaged at her house by her Godmother.

02/18/2011 - Engagement party with relatives - propose in Visayan.

02/24/2011 - K-1 packet sent.

09/18/2011 - POE, Viva Las Vegas, Baby !!!!! Home to Phoenix.

12/10/2011 - Official Wedding

07/05/2012 - Princess Rose born.

07/07/2012 - AP/EAD received.

07/17/2012 - AOS passed. (Birthday for Mama Rayos)

event.png

event.png

event.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Yes congrats on a smooth approval! I hope it goes as easy for us except my fiancee will be without me at the interview. She is happy but nervous. I know she will be fine because there is nothing to hide. Try telling that to her! Haha.

Congrats again on the painless interview!! Wish us the best!

09-16-2009 Sarah and I met online

01-20-2011 We met face-to-face for the 1st time at Cebu Mactan Airport

K-1 Process

02-14-2011 I-129F Sent

02-18-2011 I-129F NOA1 Received

02-22-2011 NOA1 hard copy received

07-19-2011 NOA2 Approved!

09-11-2011 St Luke's Med. Appt.- the dreaded 'sputum test' needed ;(

10-03-2011 'Sputum test' on the 3rd, 4th, & 5th

12-05-2011 Told sputum test was negative over the phone!

12-06-2011 Completed Sarah's medical

12-07-2011 Interview- Approved!

12-08-2011 Completed CFO seminar

12-17-2011 2go delivered the visa!

12-19-2011 CFO sticker received!

12-20-2011 Flight from Manila> Tokyo> Los Angeles> to Dallas,TX

12-30-2011 Married!

Timeline

Yes congrats on a smooth approval! I hope it goes as easy for us except my fiancee will be without me at the interview. She is happy but nervous. I know she will be fine because there is nothing to hide. Try telling that to her! Haha.

Congrats again on the painless interview!! Wish us the best!

Trey,

Just tell her to relax and answer the questions. Have her practice with someone on doing the interview. I saw a couple of ladies get tripped up and they had to go sit down and come back up for a second interview. But if she relaxes she will be just fine. Good luck.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.