6 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Egypt
Timeline

Good day all

After having knowledge of the CR-1 process and extensive reading, I'm a bit bewildered.

Sending the I-130 forms G-325 A forms, copy of joint savings account, 3 Statement letters from friends /family in USA and Egypt knowing of our marriage, along with emails that range from 18 months, pics of me with his family in Egypt at our apartment for wedding reception celebration/birthday party, and other photos of family gatherings when I was in Egypt when we married, do I really need to send copies of cards we sent each other? I have the ones he sent me, the ones I sent him are in Egypt, and the mail system there is awful, afraid the post will lose them. I dont get half the stuff he sends me. Also, Im Enclosing chats, chat logs, pics of us on yahoo chatting, and chats with some of his family.

Basically a ton of evidence,to show a relationship before ,and a on going one after we married, oh and a few phone bills. I even have Facebook screen shots of his family on my FB account and a few copies of posting back and forth with his family on FB

Do I really need the greeting cards with the envelopes they came in for USCIS as I read in a post earlier today that got a RFE. Any advice is greatful.

Thank you!!

Filed: Country: China
Timeline

With all of the other evidence then you shouldn't need the cards you sent him but he would be advised to bring them to the interview. You could have him scan the cards and the envelopes and email these to you and include this in the package. From what I've seen on other threads, the evidence issue comes up when there is a significant age difference between a female petitioner and a male beneficiary as this is outside the cultural norm for Egypt. Yes, many will tell you "age doesn't matter" but when it comes to the VO's in Egypt it very much does matter, but many have still successfully gotten visa's when in that scenario.

I haven't read of it being "required" for Egypt, but I know Guangzhou wants to have an evolution of relationship letter from the petitioner (one from each party is probably better) and if there is any previous marriage and divorce, a letter explaining these as well. I would check on the regional forum before including these however, as sometimes too much evidence seems to be as bad as not enough.

Service Center : California Service Center
Consulate : Guangzhou, China
Marriage (if applicable): 2010-04-26
I-130 Sent : 2010-06-01
I-130 NOA1 : 2010-06-08
I-130 RFE : 2010-11-05
I-130 RFE Sent : 2010-11-06
I-130 Approved : 2010-11-10
NVC Received CaseFile: 2010-11-16
NVC Casefile Number Issued: 2010-11-22
Received DS-3032 / I-864 Bill : 2010-11-23
OPTIN EMAIL SENT TO NVC: 2010-11-23
OPTIN ACCEPTED by NVC: 2010-12-14
Pay I-864 Bill 2010-11-23
Receive I-864 Package : 2010-11-23
Return Completed I-864 : 2011-03-30
Return Completed DS-3032 : 2010-11-23
Receive IV Bill : 2010-12-17
Pay IV Bill : 2011-03-16
AOS CoverSheets Generated: 2010-11-27
IV Fee Bill marked as PAID: 2011-03-18
IV CoverSheets Generated: 2011-03-18
IV email packet sent: 2011-04-4
NVC reports 'Case Completed': 2011-5-2
'Sign in Fail' at the Online Payment Portal: 2011-5-2
Final Review Started at NVC: 2011-5-2
Final Review Completed at NVC: ????
Interview Date Set: 2011-5-5
Appointment Letter Received via Email: 2011-5-6
Interview Date: 2011-6-1
Approved!!!!!

I-751 Sent : 2013-07-02

I-751 Bio Appointment Date 2013-08-02

10 Year Green Card Approved!!!!!

Timeline

Firstly, thank you for your kind reply.

And Yes, I already told him to dig out all the cards I sent him, and tonight on web camera we will pull several, so he can copy them and envelopes, and scan then, and email to me.

My hubands is 14 months younger then me, but we are in our mid 40's , so that wont be a issue.

Im going back in January to see him and his family, Im close with his family, and you can see that in the pics.

I suspect it is going to be a bumpy ride, for I was in this process once before, but cancel it before my ex could get his visa, and I have all that evidence too of emails with embassy advising them to cancel petition, blah blah after he had his interview. I understand USCIS dont hold past cases against a new filing, but Im prepared for it to be addressed at interview, and my husband knows all of what happened, and I will be at interview with him.

Again, thank you for your reply.

Beth

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

Send a few scans of the cards with the packet, and keep all the originals with envolopes for the interview. I think you should be ok, you have plenty of other evidence.

Timeline

agree with both of the above....of course you know what I think....lol

Thank you Mandy!! and to Wendy, my hero!!! Thanks for all the support and the kleenex, haaaa. :thumbs:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.