foolskill

My I-751 checklist please advice!!!!

4 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Cameroon
Timeline

Hello, below are the items i plan to submit by Friday. Any ideas or thoughts if this is ok? I am the immigrant and my wife is the USC. Filling jointly.

• Copies of my passport and green card.

• Copy of our marriage certificate.

• Copy of our joint US Federal and State tax return and transcripts for 2009 and 2010.

• Copies of various car insurance policies and notices.

• Copy of the title of our car, showing joint ownership.

• Copies of our Bank of America bank statements showing a joint Checking and Savings account.

• Copy of our Life insurance policies showing spouse as beneficiary.

• Copies of our Chase credit cards and statements showing joint liability.

• Copies of our Amex credit cards and statements showing joint liability.

• Copy of our Penfed credit cards showing same card number.

• Copies of our Electric billing statements.

• Copies of our cable billing statements.

• Copies of phone bill showing our numbers and family plan.

• Copies of our lease agreements showing joint occupancy.

• Change of address with USCIS.

• My driver’s license showing our address.

Is it necessary to have;

• Junk mails showing same address.

• Airline boarding pass, we did travel but didn't keep the boarding passes.

• We have a copy of our hotel reservations for a vacation in Las Vegas, but that is only in my name.

Affidavits are recommended on the application instructions, but we didn't get any, is it really that important?

Some advice would be appreciated.

Thank you,

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Thailand
Timeline

Electric, cable and phone bills can be excluded, as they are not even considered strong secondary evidence. Same with junk mail.

Include a cover letter listing evidence like you did above.

Include a copy of your wife's driver's license as well.

Copy of the boarding passes and hotel reservation serve as secondary evidence, along with any photos from the trip.

It may serve you to include about 6 to 10 photos from different times, in different places of you together with friends and family.

The remainder of your list looks much like ours and most others.

Edited by ThaitoUSA

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Cameroon
Timeline

Electric, cable and phone bills can be excluded, as they are not even considered strong secondary evidence. Same with junk mail.

Include a cover letter listing evidence like you did above.

Include a copy of your wife's driver's license as well.

Copy of the boarding passes and hotel reservation serve as secondary evidence, along with any photos from the trip.

It may serve you to include about 6 to 10 photos from different times, in different places of you together with friends and family.

The remainder of your list looks much like ours and most others.

Thank you for your advice. However, my wife's DL has an old address she never updated. I will try and request the boarding passes from the airline (not even sure they will provide that to me). Is the airline reservation ok?

The other question i have is do i HAVE to include affidavits from friends and family? The I-751 instructions recommends this, but i didn't get any. What are the chances of getting RFE for not sending affidavits?

Any advice would be appreciated.

Thank you

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Thailand
Timeline

I was recently made aware that although all states require you notify the Department of Motor Vehicles upon moving to a new address, several states do not issue any proof of new address. Maryland gave me an updated address card to carry along with my driver's license, which I show to folks who want proof of address i.e. USCIS. Not sure of CA's procedures, but if your wife can get some proof from DMV/MVA you should include it.

Airlines usually do not reprint boarding passes, so if all you have is the itinerary go ahead and include that. Photos of the two of you in Vegas would certainly help as well.

Affidavits are usually best when your other evidence is thin. Seems like you have a sufficient amount, so they are probably unnecessary. However, including one or more certainly would not hurt. If you can't be bothered, it's probably just fine.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.