3 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

My husband went for his medical last week. All went well except the Dr. said he needed an MMR (Measles, Mumps, Rubella). Problem is, I'm pregnant and they said he cannot have the shot because it is a "live virus" until after I deliver and the babies are 6 months old. Can anyone tell me how this will affect the paperwork we are sending in and if it will delay AOS???

Married on B2 Visa Nov. 25, 2005

AOS Mailed 5-16-2006

I-485

I-130

I-765

5-17-2006 Received at Chicago Lockbox and signed for

by S. Sandoval

6-1-2006 all cases "touched"

6-5-2006 Received Biometrics appt. for June 14, 2006 2:00 pm Charlotte NC

6-9-06 I-130 and I-765 "touched"

6-17-06 I-485 and I-765 "touched"

7-13-06 Received Interview letter for August 23 in Charlotte.

7-26-2006 Employment authorization "touched"

8-3-2006 Received EAD

Aug. 24 Interviewer gave RFE for brith certificates and criminal record check, Gwinnett Cty. GA

Oct. 24 Sent in all info for RFE

Nov. 9 Welcome letter notice received via email

Nov. 18 greencard received

From http://uscis.gov/graphics/generalvac.pdf:

Are there any waivers available? Yes. There are three types of waivers available. (1) You didn't have all the vaccinations (or all the vaccination certificates) at first, but then receive the missing vaccinations (or find the missing certificates); OR (2) The designated physician (known as civil surgeons for adjustment of status applicants in the United States and as panel physicians for immigrant visa applicants abroad) certifies that it would not be medically appropriate for you to have one or more of the required vaccinations. INS can grant these two waivers based on the civil surgeon’s or panel physician’s certification on the vaccination supplement. You do not need to file a separate waiver application or pay a fee.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
My husband went for his medical last week. All went well except the Dr. said he needed an MMR (Measles, Mumps, Rubella). Problem is, I'm pregnant and they said he cannot have the shot because it is a "live virus" until after I deliver and the babies are 6 months old. Can anyone tell me how this will affect the paperwork we are sending in and if it will delay AOS???

Hmm I just went to get Marissa's Vacanation and she needed to get a tenance and also was sent in for a blood work to see if she have had MMR. Yes the doctor said they want to make sure she is not prggy caus yes it is a live virus but the doctor said if she need it she can't get preggy for 4 weeks.

I dont see how it will affect your husband, Unless he is planing on getting pregnet :lol::lol::lol:

I wonder what a second opinion would be. maybe just call up other cival Dr.

Marissa's Dr called up after the blood work and told use her form is ready for pick up so my wife did not need to get the MMR

Take care

yogi

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.