RK_and_Inday

Q re: NSO Birth certificate: clerical error and faded

22 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

This is RK, USC petitioner for my fiancee, Inday--hopefully very, very soon to schedule visa interview. A bit of background and two or three questions I hope those of you who might be experienced/knowledgable on this topic might be able to help with:

Background: In short, the birth certificate copy which Inday had in her personal records contained a clerical error and the whole certificate was severely faded. The clerical error was simply a typo in her last name: using a wrong vowel for one of the letters in her last name. Furthermore, this birth certificate copy--issued by NSO on security paper--was so faded it was almost impossible to read/discern her name or any other particulars. Many years ago, apparently Inday successfully petitioned via affidavit for correction of clerical error. Inday tells me she still has the affidavit showing correction.

Question 1: Would this (extremely faded certificate with clerical error but with affidavit) be satisfactory at the interview or no??

More Backround: Quite awhile ago, I was concerned about the faded contents of the birth certificate and knew Inday would likely need other birth certificate copies for various reasons, even after a visa interview at the embassy. Thus, quite awhile I encouraged Inday to request NSO clear copies with correction to clerical error. So Inday--after undergoing quite a hassle with misinformative and uncooperative administrative officials in her province--eventually got the information and help she needed and submitted all the required documents.

Inday submitted all these required documents two months ago and was told to expect her corrected birth certificate with clear copies to be sent to her in two to three months. Now, two months later and with us able to schedule her visa interview even sooner than we had originally anticipated, Inday still has not received corrected and clear copies nor any word at all. Inday and I are now quite nervous about not having clear, corrected certificate in time for the embassy interview.

Question 2: Is there a way to expedite the processing of her birth certificate request or check on progress?

Question 3: If Inday does not receive corrected and clear copies before visa interview, will this present a problem and if so, do you have any suggestions??

Thank you in advance for your responses and insight, experience, and suggestions you may have!

--RK

I dont know a lot about errors on birth certificate but i research this for u to read:

http://michecesa.wordpress.com/2011/05/24/how-to-correct-errors-in-nso-birth-certificate-and-other-records/

First I wanna comment that system is more longer when u are in province cause of different reasons. I'm not sure maybe you could go to Manila on there main office to ask them for help.

http://www.census.gov.ph/data/aboutnso/centralofcs.html

I may think wrong but i think the errors will be change in Manila Main NSO Office and not in the province because they will pass the application in Manila for correcting the errors.

If you think that u can't really come in the interview I think u can always reschedule it on the available time they have at the Embassy. But part of it, they will question you why you reschedule it. I just don't know if you can have problems with that. Some people I read on blogs they still approved. I think you should set some limitations to estimate the time so u can reschedule the interview.

I'm not sure of all but maybe it will worth to try. U can search everything on the internet or try to risk in Manila if they can do it on faster way.

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Not sure if the OP has resolved this issue or not by now. But, here's some information for you to consider:

1. You state that the clerical errors were already resolved in the past and that the NSO BC that you have, while faded, does have the Ammendment annotation on it explaing and correcting these clerical error(s).

2. if #1 is accurate, then all you need to do is order a new copy (i recomend you oder 10 copies - trust me, you will need one every time you turn around over the next 3 years) from NSO. This is VERY EASY to do online. The NSO will even deliver the copies to you. The cost ranges from minimal if the request is made inside the Philippines, to "manageable" if the request is made from outside the Philippines. The process (other than the payment pasrt) is the same, regardless.

3. The NSO copies that you order will come with the Ammendment Annotation on them. (Note, the original "incorrect" information will still be listed in the body of the BC, but the Annotation (usually written along the side or on the back will attest to the fact that certain data (it will be listed) has been corrected and updated to be as stated in that Annotation area.

The website to use to order the NSO BC copies is: https://www.ecensus.com.ph/Secure/frmIndex.asp.

Warm Regards,

Samby

Wishing Everyone Speed, Success, Happiness and Love,

TinTin and Samby

• 1 year later...
Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

I have the same problem with my BC NSO copy. It's blurry and unreadable. I was asked to show my municipal registrar copy when I applied for my passport last month of January. Now, that I am getting ready for my interview on the US embassy manila, I went to our municipal office and showed them my NSO BC. They made a letter of endorsement for clerical error and made another copy of my BC. I was asked to go to the post office and go back to them so they can photo copy the receipt. I was advised to go back to the NSO office after 10 working days and gave me a copy of the receipt, endorsement letter and newly-typed BC which will be forwarded to the NSO office in our province. Anyway I am from Pampanga. So, after 10 working days all I have to do is go to the electronic endorsement window inside the NSO office and get my CLEAR NSO BC!

02/01/2013 I-129F Packet Sent
02/06/2013 Received by USCIS
02/08/2013 Check Cashed
02/11/2013 NOA1 (email)
03/01/2013 Case Touched
03/21/2013 NOA1 (hard copy)
06/06/2013 NOA2 (email)
06/10/2013 NOA2 (hard copy)
06/21/2013 MNL Case Number (hard copy)
07/04&05/2013 Medical Exam
08/01/2013 USEM Interview APPROVED!!!!
08/08/2013 VISA IN HAND!!
08/12/2013 CFO Class Seminar
09/09/2013 Departure

Timeline

Greizy -- wishing you the best and hoping it turns out better for you than Inday. Inday went to her municipal office, multiple trips to NSO and ended up being provided by NSO with extra but same blurry copies. Attempted to both hire lawyer and get help at municipal office; in the former case, "help" was promised if Inday would provide (under the table) exorbitant payment amount; in the latter case, more delays no help. Outcome: Inday brought blurry copies of her BC to her interview in Manila. At her interview, she was asked about her blurry BC but she explained to interviewer that she had procured them from NSO and pointed out the printed statement on her NSO BC that this was "clearest copy available." Interviewer accepted explanation. I guess lesson here is to be persistent and honest. Good luck to you and all with similar situations! --RK

Edited by RK_and_Inday

K-1
May 4, 2006 - We first meet in Singapore
[March 2008 to October 2011] - RK visits Inday in Philippines; multiple visits
April 11, 2010 - RK proposes on Palawan Island; Inday says "Yes! Yes!"
Apr 4, 2011 - I-129F mailed
Apr 11, 2011 - petition received, NOA1, application routed to VSC
Aug 3, 2011 - NOA2! I-129F petition approved!! Yahoo!!!
Aug 10, 2011 - NVC forwards petition to Manila
Aug 17, 2011 - Petition arrives Manila
October 4, 2011 - Medical passed; thank you for answered prayer!
October 12, 2011 - K-1 Visa approved!! Thank you for more prayers anwswered!!
November 24, 2011 - POE! (Thanksgiving Day) Prayers answered!!!! Many Thanks!!!!
Feb 5, 2012 - Wedding Ceremony!

AOS
June 14, 2012 - AOS filed (EAD & AP concurrently filed also); sent via FedEx courier
June 19, 2012 - text notification indicating receipt AOS package
June 25, 2012 - hardcopy AOS, EAD, AP "NOA1"s (I-797C) received
June 29, 2012 - appointment letter for biometrics received (appointment: mid-July)
July 14, 2012 - Biometrics appointment: complete
July 18, 2012 - Case transferred to California Service Center notice received
August 27, 2012 - Combo EAD & AP card received

April 25, 2012 - Permanent Resident card (conditional) received; Yahoo!!! (no interview)

REMOVAL OF CONDITONS
March 28, 2015 - I-751 filed; sent via USPS priority mail, signature upon delivery requested

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

Quick question. Have you gotten a new copy of the NSO birth certificate recently to verify that its still incorrect? Only asking as that question kept popping up in my mind as I read the posts.

https://www.ecensus.com.ph/Default.aspx

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Timeline

The NSO office will only print whatever copy they have forwarded by the Municipal office. Any clerical error or at my case, it's blurred, you should go to the Municipal office to request an endorsement letter. If the problem is clerical error with wrong spelling or any incorrect info, it will take a couple of months or more. I am thankful my issue was just 10 working days to fix the problem.

You should get your NSO first to know if it is okay and readable.

02/01/2013 I-129F Packet Sent
02/06/2013 Received by USCIS
02/08/2013 Check Cashed
02/11/2013 NOA1 (email)
03/01/2013 Case Touched
03/21/2013 NOA1 (hard copy)
06/06/2013 NOA2 (email)
06/10/2013 NOA2 (hard copy)
06/21/2013 MNL Case Number (hard copy)
07/04&05/2013 Medical Exam
08/01/2013 USEM Interview APPROVED!!!!
08/08/2013 VISA IN HAND!!
08/12/2013 CFO Class Seminar
09/09/2013 Departure

Timeline

Hank - as Greizy mentions, municipal office must originate endorsement letter. In short, currently in process of doing that in anticipation of needing clear copies in U.S. but (the short story:)--encoutnering delays and now difficult to communticate with from U.S. If in Philippines, could go to office in person and "prod" the process/person(s) along. Thank you for ecensus link!

Edited by RK_and_Inday

K-1
May 4, 2006 - We first meet in Singapore
[March 2008 to October 2011] - RK visits Inday in Philippines; multiple visits
April 11, 2010 - RK proposes on Palawan Island; Inday says "Yes! Yes!"
Apr 4, 2011 - I-129F mailed
Apr 11, 2011 - petition received, NOA1, application routed to VSC
Aug 3, 2011 - NOA2! I-129F petition approved!! Yahoo!!!
Aug 10, 2011 - NVC forwards petition to Manila
Aug 17, 2011 - Petition arrives Manila
October 4, 2011 - Medical passed; thank you for answered prayer!
October 12, 2011 - K-1 Visa approved!! Thank you for more prayers anwswered!!
November 24, 2011 - POE! (Thanksgiving Day) Prayers answered!!!! Many Thanks!!!!
Feb 5, 2012 - Wedding Ceremony!

AOS
June 14, 2012 - AOS filed (EAD & AP concurrently filed also); sent via FedEx courier
June 19, 2012 - text notification indicating receipt AOS package
June 25, 2012 - hardcopy AOS, EAD, AP "NOA1"s (I-797C) received
June 29, 2012 - appointment letter for biometrics received (appointment: mid-July)
July 14, 2012 - Biometrics appointment: complete
July 18, 2012 - Case transferred to California Service Center notice received
August 27, 2012 - Combo EAD & AP card received

April 25, 2012 - Permanent Resident card (conditional) received; Yahoo!!! (no interview)

REMOVAL OF CONDITONS
March 28, 2015 - I-751 filed; sent via USPS priority mail, signature upon delivery requested

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.