hr8687

221G white Slip K1 (New Delhi)

11 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

I just needed some assistance or advice, but any help would be great. My fiancee had her interview for the K1 fiancee visa at New Delhi and was given a white colored 221G that said submit the followoing documents with your passport to the VFS, the documents asked for were:

1 Notarized explanation from you and your petitioner of how and when you first met and why you decided to get engaged.

2 List of all engagement ceremony guests,their relationship to you,their addresses and their phone numbers.

3 Itemized emails and/or postmarked letters or cards between you and your fiancee.

4 Photos of you and the petitioner before,during,and after your engagement.

5 Notarized statement signed by the applicant's parents discussing their views of the engagement.

6 Notarized copy of your fiancee's passport.

7 Voter's ID card and Voter's list for the past 5 years of the beneficiary

She just submitted the documets asked for with her passport to the vfs a couple days ago. My question is how long does the embassy take to look at the documents, do they issue the visa if they are satisfied with all the documents. With the above documents we also submitted a reciept from the hotel where our engagement took place, we also submitted a statement written from the hotel stating that the 2 of us were engaged on so and so date. I have also made 2 trips to india after my engagement, we also submitted the enagement album ,what should I be expecting to hear next, if anything at all.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: India
Timeline

I just needed some assistance or advice, but any help would be great. My fiancee had her interview for the K1 fiancee visa at New Delhi and was given a white colored 221G that said submit the followoing documents with your passport to the VFS, the documents asked for were:

1 Notarized explanation from you and your petitioner of how and when you first met and why you decided to get engaged.

2 List of all engagement ceremony guests,their relationship to you,their addresses and their phone numbers.

3 Itemized emails and/or postmarked letters or cards between you and your fiancee.

4 Photos of you and the petitioner before,during,and after your engagement.

5 Notarized statement signed by the applicant's parents discussing their views of the engagement.

6 Notarized copy of your fiancee's passport.

7 Voter's ID card and Voter's list for the past 5 years of the beneficiary

She just submitted the documets asked for with her passport to the vfs a couple days ago. My question is how long does the embassy take to look at the documents, do they issue the visa if they are satisfied with all the documents. With the above documents we also submitted a reciept from the hotel where our engagement took place, we also submitted a statement written from the hotel stating that the 2 of us were engaged on so and so date. I have also made 2 trips to india after my engagement, we also submitted the enagement album ,what should I be expecting to hear next, if anything at all.

I am sorry you have to go through all this.

Consulate generally takes a month or two to review the documents submitted and once satisfied will send the Visa packet with your passport. After a month, call the Consulate and inquire.

USA

01/08/13 - Approved and GC is order for production on 1/8/14

09/12/13 - Case transferred to CSC. NOA2 received on 09/18/13

08/30/13 - Biometrics Done - No walk ins allowed at this LSC (received on 8/16/13).

08/05/13 - NOA1 (received on 08/10/13)

08/01/13 - Mailed I-751 (received on 8/2/13 - check cashed on 8/5/13)

12/28/11 - Received SSN (applied on 12/20/11, as we didn't get based on DS-230 options)
11/28/11 - Received Green Card (Expires on 10/30/13) - Welcome Letter on 11/17/11
10/30/11 - POE - Houston, TX

Chennai Consulate (40 days)
10/28/11 - Received Visa papers and Passport at VFS
10/25/11 - Interview Cleared Successfully (Spouse was not allowed in)

NVC: (90 days from NOA2 to Consulate)
08/31/11 - Case Completed (Interview 10/25/11) - Received at Chennai on 09/19/11
07/22/11 - NVC Case Number

USCIS: (92 days)

6/21/11 - NOA2 (NOA1 on 3/25/11) - took a month to get to NVC
3/21/11 - I-130 sent to USCIS Lockbox, Chicago.

Timeline

Is that for sure that they do not make a decision in less than a month. When we submitted all the docs they asked for we submitted everything, I MEAN EVERYTHING, if not more than what they wanted. It is frustrating that the Embassy does this to people and makes people with legitimate cases wait to be with there loved ones. Is there anyone else out there who has gone through this.

Timeline

Is that for sure that they do not make a decision in less than a month. When we submitted all the docs they asked for we submitted everything, I MEAN EVERYTHING, if not more than what they wanted. It is frustrating that the Embassy does this to people and makes people with legitimate cases wait to be with there loved ones. Is there anyone else out there who has gone through this.

Yes, they do make a decision sometomes in 15 days and it all depends on various facts - you know how they work.

USA

08/30/13 - Biometrics Done - No walk ins allowed at this LSC (received on 8/16/13).

12/28/11 - Received SSN (applied on 12/20/11, as we didn't get based on DS-230 options)
11/28/11 - Received Green Card (Expires on 10/30/13) - Welcome Letter on 11/17/11

08/31/11 - Case Completed (Interview 10/25/11) - Received at Chennai on 09/19/11

Timeline

yes i am also going thru the same problem as yours. i had my interview last month in delhi embassy and was issued 221g white form. i have submitted all the required documents with my passport 2 weeks back at VFS. since then, i am regularly checking my status on vfs website. it always says that "its in process"

dont know how long it will take.

Timeline

Yes, they do make a decision sometomes in 15 days and it all depends on various facts - you know how they work.

Both your cases are for K-1 visa and it looks like consulates started asking for additional details. The other K-1 visa applicants may be benefitted by this information. I will request the moderator to move this thread to K-1 visa forum.

USA

HI,

I am in a similar situation. I had my K1 visa interview on July 20,2011 at New Delhi and received 221g white slip asking to submit additional documents as proof relationship. We submitted all the documents on July 26 and it has been 34 days since then. I have been reading a lot of post by different people who have been through this and came to this conclusion that it takes lot of patience and perseverance to deal with the US Embassy. Hang in there. Have hope and courage. If anyone has any views, inputs to share please do!

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: India
Timeline

I'd my interview on July 6 2011, they kept my passport that time and give me a white slip states that your case undergoes mandatory administrative processing , they didn't tell me to submit any type of papers, now I'm worried about my visa because even they didn't contact me once in last two months :-(

• 2 weeks later...
Timeline

Hi,

I am going through the exact same thing as you are. We have been calling the consulate reguarly (every week or twice a week) since we submitted all the documents. I know it takes more than a month because we submitted our documents in august, and it will be a month tommorrow. I have been calling the department of state here (back in the US) and they just tell me that your visa is still under "process". It really is frustrating! I dont know what else can be done.

• 3 months later...

HI,

I am in a similar situation. I had my K1 visa interview on July 20,2011 at New Delhi and received 221g white slip asking to submit additional documents as proof relationship. We submitted all the documents on July 26 and it has been 34 days since then. I have been reading a lot of post by different people who have been through this and came to this conclusion that it takes lot of patience and perseverance to deal with the US Embassy. Hang in there. Have hope and courage. If anyone has any views, inputs to share please do!

Hi

I am in same boat too. I gave my interview on 18/nov/2011. and co gave me white 221 g. I submited requested with in week. and now its 5 week is going on and still under process. you gave ur interview in june,can u tell me how long time its took for ur 221 g process.

thaanks

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.