k1story

NO AP. K1 VISA approved (INSIDE story from ISLAMABAD)

16 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Dear Fellow VJs from around the GLOBE and particularly from Pakistan.

First of All thanks for your support and valuable comments/tips/shared experiences,

k1 would have been very difficult with out the advises.

I am splitting the whole(INTERVIEW) experience in different phases for the ease of those

who has never been to ISLAMABAD, also the process inside the embassy/shuttle service

and visa Interview.

Here you go.

An accmdation was booked on 12 th august from karachi (including free pickup by hotel)

Day 1 ( 13th August)

left karachi for islamabad at 7:00am arrived Islamabad 08:45am ( driver was present)

left airport at 9:00-0920am arrived at hotel(for those who wants to travel to abbpara the taxi

charges are Rs 300/-) abbpare is 10-15 minutes away from shuttle service

Hotel was booked for 2 days @1500/per day(AC ROOM)

Hotel address: New Islamabad Hotel, Abbpara market Islamabad(0512607281), (hotel is good only

for a day or so)

Day 2(14th august)

Not much imporant, just reviewed the documents (watchd discovery whole day)

Taxi was booked for shuttle service from the hotel (@Rs 150)

Day 3(15th august)

left hotel : 0545am reached shuttle service at 0600am

Diplomatic Shuttle Service/Embassy PART::

0605 Got inside shuttle serive, People are friendly (dont waste ur time if u dont know, just ask ppl around

for help) i was guided to a room (kinda big hall) there was a counter (CHECK IN) u got to show them

the appointment letter and passport for ticket (charged me Rs 500) queue was long, took 20-25 minutes

to get a ticket, handed over the cell fone near check in counter, waited till 700am than a guy shouted

for US embassy, got into shuttle at 0700-0715, arrived embassy.

there were 2 queues (1 for immigrant and 1 for nonimmigrant visas) got into immigrant queue

hardly took 2 minutes, guard checkd the passport and appointment letter, then guided towards another

checkpoint, again passport and appointment letter checkd (Searched by metal detector) passed through

walk through security gate and guided towards another security point through Immigrant line

(YELLOW LINE).

Again passport and appointment letter checkd and guided towards inside the embassy, (complete searchd

inside embassy, belongings passed through Xray machines and than guided through a door towards a guard.

2 rows of seats (one for immigrant and one for nonimmigrant) guard guided immigrants to room No 4

Askd for appointment letter and a picture, finger prints were scanned, and than guided towards

another room 6 or sumthing (window 5).

Once got into room 6 (it was a big room with 12 windows) window 5 was cashier window, submitted the

appointment letter at window 5, and waited 30 minutes till the turn came up.

After few minutes window 7 called and chckd the documents/ askd for medical and signed a document,

Interview language choice.

and than waited again for couple of minutes, again window 5 called and took $350/- and handed over

a letter to me of approved courier services and a purple token stappled on that paper.

after few time (window2 called)

INTERVIEW @ window 2(interview lasted for 25-30 minutes)

Greeted with smile (An american lady)

Q1. Who filed ur petition and who is calling u ?

A.

Q2. How do you guys met?

A.

Q3. Is that arranged or something?

A.

Q4. are u both related?

A.

Q5. Is that ur first marriage?

A.

Q6. Is that gonna be her first marriage?

A.

Q7. Do you have any kids?

A.

Q8. Does she have any kids?

A.

Q9. Where is she living?

A.

Q10. Is she living with her parents'?

A.

Q11. What does she do?

A.

Q12. Where your parents' live?

A.

Q13. How many siblings do you have?

A.

Between that she asked me about my fiancee, she is doing her med School in Pakistan

complication started about her education in Pakistan

CO.she is doing her medical in Pakistan and you will be living in US, and she will only

visit u during her vacations etc?

A.

told her that Med school is expensive in USA, thats why she is here.

CO. Yeah Education is very very expensive

A.

Q.14 How many more years she has got to do?

A.

Q.15 Hmm.. so for how long she is in USA right now?

A.

Q16. How u gonna manage it? ( we had some arguments over sumthing so tried to brief her

on certain issues and told her what she wanted to know about certain personal stuff sorry for

not sharing that)

A.

Q17. After discussion she said "it is not working out etc".

A. than i had to brief her on certain other stuff not asked by the interviewer but due to having

Foreign qualification, EUROPEAN DEFENSE vehicle DESIGN company experience, working experience with

European Airlines and long engagement history i was given bit relaxation.

Q18 Ur case is arite, but to apply for K1 one must has to be in US

A.

Q19 let me ask u few more things? (she started typing on computer)

and i told her few things about my engagement she stunned and asked me my age at the

time of engagement (we both laughed)

A.

Q20 What is your Qualification?

A.

CO. You sounds incredible to me.

A.

CO. You know what! I am in a good mood today

A.

we both smiled.

she handed over the pictures which were sent to USCIS previously and birth certificate.

and receipt of payment signed by CO

AND finally

CO. Congratulation!!!! you gonna get ur Passport in 15 dayz via American Xprs.

A. I was stunned (expecting AP or sumthing), but the next thing came out of my mouth,

thank you very much, CHEERS. LOVE U . LOVE U, flying kisses to CO.

CO. Laughed and said "NOW GO AWAY, GET OUT OF MY SIGHT"

1. Before me a k1 guy was rejected for not having proper pictures (he was told that u sound like married)

2. American citizen accompanying some1 are not allowed inside the embassy/check before u r

accompanying someone.

My documents were properly tagged i had no problem showing them wat they wanted from me,

REMINDED me of MY UNIVERSITY THESIS / assignment days and luckily they askd nothing except

the medical/passport, appointment letter and OBVIOUSLY

cash $$.

In the end i must thank visa journey ADMIN, members and my well wishers for sharing their

experiences and valuable comments.

************* ROUND 3 NEXT PHASE "POE and ADJUSTMENT OF STATUS" (To be Contd)************

Edited by k1story

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

CONGRTS Thanks for sharing ur experience with us, my wife will be going there in couple weeks so its very help full,U were lucky that CO was in good mood that day hope they stay that way lol CHEERS :dance: :dance:

Timeline

Thanks! That was really helpful, especially the information about how the queuing works. Hopefully, relaying that info to my fiance will make him less nervous for our interview.

I have a side question I wanted to ask since you also had a K1 petition. When you received Packet 3.5 from the embassy, did you submit all the forms (DS-156 etc.) AND the civil documents (police certificate etc.) before you got the interview date?

I don't know if the embassy will set interviews without having all of the civil documents.

Thanks

Timeline

Fellow VJ member,

1st Question:

Packet 3.5 took 3 weeks roughly to reachd us, I used to call embassy almost everyday after receiving a confirmation from NVC that documents are sent to Embassy for further process.

2nd Question:

The embassy didnt send the hardcopy of packet 3.5. They sent an e-copy of 3.5 to my fiancee (Petitioner) and asked to submit the documents ASAP in order to

Schedule an Interview. The list of the documents are mentioned in packet 3.5. we didnt wait for Packet 3.5, we just started gathering the required documents

birth certificate police verification, fillings of forms etc prior to receiving the email copy. You have got to be vigilant in order to track 3.5, check ur email daily.

Packet 3.5 tells u that which document is (must to send). Police certificate , Birth certificate originals are one of the required must to send document in order to

schedule an interview. Its mandatory to send the documents(police verification and BC) before interview along with other forms.

Pictures, Affidavit of support(I134) are optional u can send them with Packet 3.5 or u can take them to interview.

I didnt have joint sponsor's document ready so i waited for tax return and decided to take affidavit of support of both petitioner and joint sponsor with me to interview along with the medical n pictures.

Prepare ur Documents well, gather tons of on going relationship pictures/emails/fone calls and engagement pictures.

luckily i didnt show any documents but only my JOB CARD to CO.

And above all the most important thing after having everything is ready..... PRAYERSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS.

BEST OF LUCK

Thanks! That was really helpful, especially the information about how the queuing works. Hopefully, relaying that info to my fiance will make him less nervous for our interview.

I have a side question I wanted to ask since you also had a K1 petition. When you received Packet 3.5 from the embassy, did you submit all the forms (DS-156 etc.) AND the civil documents (police certificate etc.) before you got the interview date?

I don't know if the embassy will set interviews without having all of the civil documents.

Thanks

Edited by k1story

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Congratulating you for the great success next week my wife will also give the interview as her category is F2A inshaAllah she will get success and will not face the AP as I had guide her a lot and also sent her all the important documents as like 2010 tax transcript. Pray for me also. Thanking you alls.

Timeline

Thanks for the review! My fiance sent in her packet 3.5 as of 8/11. We are waiting on our Packet 4 :whistle: it's just so hard not knowing when you will receive the Packet 4 info. Did you get an email or an actual letter?

Timeline

Thank you soooo super duper much for sharing this invaluable information!

I have a question for you or anyone else. How much did the medical cost you?

I need to know how much to send my fiance to cover the costs of allt his.

What I have is:

$350 for Visa

500Rs for shuttle to Embassy

?? Medical

No hotel will be necessary as he lives close to Islamambad (45 min drive)

Am I forgetting or missing anything?

THANK YOU!! :)

[size="2"][font="Tahoma"][b]Worth The Wait
[/b][/font][/size]
[font="Tahoma"][size="2"][color="#ff0000"]Our Visa Journey
[/color][/size][size="2"][color="#000080"]I-129F Sent 5/6/11
I-129F NOA1 Received 5/11/11
I-129F RFE Received 9/8/11
I-129F RFE Returned 9/23/11
I-129F NOA2 Received 11/17/11
NVC Received from USCIS 11/21/11
NVC Sent to Embassy 11/25/11
Embassy Received 12/2/11
Packet 3.5 Received 12/8/11
Packet 3.5 Returned 12/22/11
Packet 4 Received 1/13/12
Medical Date 1/19/12
Interview Date 2/23/2012
Administrative Review 2/24/2012
Visa Issued 4/30/2012
Visa Received 5/4/2012[/color][/size][/font]
[font="Tahoma"][size="2"][color="#000080"]POE Washington DC 5/21/2012[/color][/size][/font]
[font="Tahoma"][size="2"][color="#000080"]Married 5/30/2012[/color][/size][/font]

[font="Tahoma"][size="2"][color="#ff0000"]Adjustment of Status (AOS) Journey [/color][/size][/font]
[font="Tahoma"][size="2"][color="#000080"]Packet including: I-485, I-765 and I-131 sent 11/7/2012[/color][/size][/font]
[font="Tahoma"][size="2"][color="#000080"]Biometrics Completed: 12/18/2012[/color][/size][/font]
[font="Tahoma"][size="2"][color="#000080"]EAD/AP Approved: 1/17/2013[/color][/size][/font]
[font="Tahoma"][size="2"][color="#000080"]EAD/AP Combo Card Received: 1/22/2013[/color][/size][/font]

Timeline

I had to pay around Rs9730/- Make it Rs 10000/-( without flu shots)

u can find the details on US embassy islamabad website about medical cost.

Thank you soooo super duper much for sharing this invaluable information!

I have a question for you or anyone else. How much did the medical cost you?

I need to know how much to send my fiance to cover the costs of allt his.

What I have is:

$350 for Visa

500Rs for shuttle to Embassy

?? Medical

No hotel will be necessary as he lives close to Islamambad (45 min drive)

Am I forgetting or missing anything?

THANK YOU!! :)

Timeline

Collected Packet 4 (interview appointment letter) from American express

Thanks for the review! My fiance sent in her packet 3.5 as of 8/11. We are waiting on our Packet 4 :whistle: it's just so hard not knowing when you will receive the Packet 4 info. Did you get an email or an actual letter?

Best of LUCK.

Congratulating you for the great success next week my wife will also give the interview as her category is F2A inshaAllah she will get success and will not face the AP as I had guide her a lot and also sent her all the important documents as like 2010 tax transcript. Pray for me also. Thanking you alls.

Thanks for good wishes

Thank you for taking the time to include all of this information. I wish you the best and congrats!

Timeline

:) You are the best!

Again, I am sooo happy for you! MashAllah!

[size="2"][font="Tahoma"][b]Worth The Wait
[/b][/font][/size]
[font="Tahoma"][size="2"][color="#ff0000"]Our Visa Journey
[/color][/size][size="2"][color="#000080"]I-129F Sent 5/6/11
I-129F NOA1 Received 5/11/11
I-129F RFE Received 9/8/11
I-129F RFE Returned 9/23/11
I-129F NOA2 Received 11/17/11
NVC Received from USCIS 11/21/11
NVC Sent to Embassy 11/25/11
Embassy Received 12/2/11
Packet 3.5 Received 12/8/11
Packet 3.5 Returned 12/22/11
Packet 4 Received 1/13/12
Medical Date 1/19/12
Interview Date 2/23/2012
Administrative Review 2/24/2012
Visa Issued 4/30/2012
Visa Received 5/4/2012[/color][/size][/font]
[font="Tahoma"][size="2"][color="#000080"]POE Washington DC 5/21/2012[/color][/size][/font]
[font="Tahoma"][size="2"][color="#000080"]Married 5/30/2012[/color][/size][/font]

[font="Tahoma"][size="2"][color="#ff0000"]Adjustment of Status (AOS) Journey [/color][/size][/font]
[font="Tahoma"][size="2"][color="#000080"]Packet including: I-485, I-765 and I-131 sent 11/7/2012[/color][/size][/font]
[font="Tahoma"][size="2"][color="#000080"]Biometrics Completed: 12/18/2012[/color][/size][/font]
[font="Tahoma"][size="2"][color="#000080"]EAD/AP Approved: 1/17/2013[/color][/size][/font]
[font="Tahoma"][size="2"][color="#000080"]EAD/AP Combo Card Received: 1/22/2013[/color][/size][/font]

Timeline

Collected Packet 4 (interview appointment letter) from American express

Best of LUCK.

Thanks for good wishes

Thanks for the information!! I am ending week 2 of the wait. Hopefully my fiance will get something from American Express by next week. Worst two weeks ever! :unsure:

• 3 weeks later...
Timeline

APPROVED WOOO HOOO Now my traveling begins!! :dance::dance::dance::dance:

This information was the most helpful info! Questions were pretty much the same but I will update if my fiance tells me anything new.

Good LUCK to everyone!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Pakistan
Timeline

My fiance sent in her packet 3.5 on August 16th via American express, and till today's date we have not heard back from the consulate acknowledging receipt of our documents. It is impossible to reach someone whom can answer the status of my fiancee' packet 4, and the reasoning of such delay. I have called DOS and they show no information being loaded by US Consulate pertained to packet 3.5.

I am unable to get an email response either from the US Consulate with any information pertained to packet 4 status... We have called American Express, and they have no information either other than saying documents were delivered to the Embassy on August 17th.

IF anyone is kind enough to point us in the right direction, please reply to me. I am praying that our loved ones remain safe and protected during the waiting phase of our life.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.