Virginian61

Thai Long-Stay O-A Visa

5 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Thailand
Timeline

We will keep my wife's place in Thailand and probably retire there eventually. I was just looking at the Royal Thai Embassy webpage, do you really have to exit once a year to renew the long-stay visa if you are married to a Thai?

N-400 CITIZENSHIP TIMELINE

10/20/14...N-400 mailed to Phoenix
--/--/14.. N-400 packet received
--/--/14... Check cashed
--/--/14... NOA1 received (Priority Date 10/10/14)
---/---/14... Biometrics Letter received (Bio set for --/--/14)
---/---/14... Early walk-in for Biometrics (Tampa FL)
---/---/14... In line for interview
---/---/14... Interview completed
---/---/14... Oath letter received
---/---/14... Oath Ceremony!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Thailand
Timeline

We will keep my wife's place in Thailand and probably retire there eventually. I was just looking at the Royal Thai Embassy webpage, do you really have to exit once a year to renew the long-stay visa if you are married to a Thai?

No, that's not how it works. You should spend some time reading the forums and guides on thaivisa.com regarding non-o/o-a visas & extensions of stay.

Edited by rsn

K1: 01/15/2009 (mailed I-129F) - 06/23/2009 (visa received)

AOS: 08/08/2009 (mailed I-485, I-765, & I-131) - 10/29/2009 (received GC)

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Thailand
Timeline

What kind of visa are you going to get..married to a Thai or an O-A?

Both of these require a 90 "check -in" w/ your respective immigration office. The "marriage visa" requires less money ( 400,000 THB per yr or 40k per month ) but immigration really will press you to do the 0-A since it's easier for them.

O-A visa ( retirement or as it will say in Thai in your passport " end of life" ) is 800k or 65k per month, 90 day check in's and not have to leave the country.

Life is so much easier w/ an O-A. :thumbs:

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Thailand
Timeline

Thanks cactus. I'll be married to thai and retired but didn't know the requirements for the visas. 90 day check-ins shouldn't be a problem because there are immigration offices everywhere. Even departures shouldn't be a problem. But we'll come and go alot so will be needing a reentry permit. Luckily we are near Washington DC so the embassy should be able to advise us on the best options.

N-400 CITIZENSHIP TIMELINE

10/20/14...N-400 mailed to Phoenix
--/--/14.. N-400 packet received
--/--/14... Check cashed
--/--/14... NOA1 received (Priority Date 10/10/14)
---/---/14... Biometrics Letter received (Bio set for --/--/14)
---/---/14... Early walk-in for Biometrics (Tampa FL)
---/---/14... In line for interview
---/---/14... Interview completed
---/---/14... Oath letter received
---/---/14... Oath Ceremony!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Thailand
Timeline

Thai Immigration now requires you to report to the immigration office which is in your province where you live. Gone are the days when you could just check in at any office within the realm.

Most offices allow you to report by mail, but you need to ask the office in which you report to.

The O-A is very easy, no hassle if your forms are correct and initally good for 15 months if you play it right.. and yes..get a re-entry permit ( approx: 3000 THB for multiple reentry )

Chiyot :thumbs:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.