Kozmo

Airline Tickets

21 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

Has anyone experienced problems getting tickets for their wife from the Philippines to the USA? I checked on Korean Air and they say that Philippine law forbids anyone outside the Philippines to purchase tickets. Other websites indicate they will sell you tickets but will she have a problem leaving the Philippines? Please advise.

Thanks,

Tony

I bought arline tickets before and I had to give my fiancee a photocpy of the credit card I used to purchase the ticket in addition to printing the receipt from my email. This was on Philippine airlines. If you call the airline directly they can tell you the rules.

Hope this helps.

I just purchased my wife's ticket from Continental with my CC no problems at all...........she doesnt even require my CC proof just send her the e-ticket and with her visa shes good to go .....i paid 848.00. good luck.....:thumbs:

12/22/2010...married my soulmate,in tagaytay city.

USCIS...
01/28/2011...mailed I-130 to chicago Lockbox.....The journey begins
01/31/2011...receive I-130
02/05/2011...get a e-mail notice of NOA-1...states case transferred to CSC
02/08/2011...check clears my bank
02/10/2011... rec. hardcopy NOA-1 in mail...priority date..01/31/2011.....sit back relax and ride this slow mule!!
02/14/2011... touched ( it must have fallen on the floor )..hehe
05/12/2011...NOA-2 OMG...98days u kidding me!!!!!!!

NVC......

05/26/2011... finally got NVC case number...
05/28/2011... receive DS-3032 in e-mail/e-mailed the DS-3032 back
05/28/2011... receive AOS fee bill/ and paid online.
06/01/2011... AOS fee bill shows paid.
06/02/2011... DS-3032 accepted
06/03/2011... IV-bill generated and sented by e-mail
06/04/2011... Paid IV fee bill/ in progress
06/07/2011... IV fee bill showed paid/ downloaded cover sheet
06/08/2011... Express mail both the I-864(AOS) and DS-230
06/09/2011... Confirmed del at 11:10am signed by N visa center.
06/21/2011... SIF...yea!!! called NVC..yes case complete but no interview dates until aug..rats!!
06/28/2011... issured interview date set for 08/08/2011 At 6:30am.
07/12&13/2011... medical
YEA SHE PASSED MEDICAL

08/08/2011... interview approved!!!
08/19/2011...usa/arkansas.....

ROC

05/23/2013... mailed I-751 to Vermont

05/25/2013...delivery confirm received

05/30/2013...check cleared bank

06/01/2013...rec. NOA1 (receipt date 05/28/2013)

06/24/2013... biometrics appointment

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

my now husband purchased my ticket from Delta, what he did just to be sure is that you go to the airport and have them validate your valid ID and your credit card...then when your fiancee check-in rep would be able to see that it has been validated...there shouldnt be a problem...goodluck

"Life was always a matter of waiting for the right moment to act."-Paulo Coelho

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Just a little bit concerned about this as my fiance bought me an e ticket from delta skymiles..he was in the states.. my flight will be next month.. hope there will be no hazzle in the airport.. the delta itself sent me the itinerary through my email..dont know if there is tax.. i just know is the terminal fee.. but I can see here there is tax written on here.. but not sure yet...hope someone can enlighten me...God bless

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

Just a little bit concerned about this as my fiance bought me an e ticket from delta skymiles..he was in the states.. my flight will be next month.. hope there will be no hazzle in the airport.. the delta itself sent me the itinerary through my email..dont know if there is tax.. i just know is the terminal fee.. but I can see here there is tax written on here.. but not sure yet...hope someone can enlighten me...God bless

You will have an exit fee of 1620 pesos and the terminal fee of 750 pesos.

Tony

Guest fundoctor

Yes there is definately a potential hassle if the ticket is bought for a filipina outside the philippines. I have experienced this before and I HAVE personally quizzed the ticket people in manila at the airport counters on Philippine airlines and also on Thai airlines in manila. They both said that the filipino traveller needs to have a copy of the credit card used to purchase the tickets AS WELL as a copy of photo id of the purchaser.

Also, I have a professional travel agent in the states who deals with this issue all the time. In many cases its simply just easier to send the money to the Philippine and then have them buy the ticket from a ticket office or travel agent in the Phils.

I just asked the travel agent again today as we passed our interview Thursday and the agent personally called Korean airlines with this exact question, they said it will take one week on the US side before korean airlines can verify with the philippines that my payment and identity is legitimate. Stupid rules, but this is reality. Do not assume your fiance is ok unless you get your identity verified according to the airlines requirements.

In the past, I have purchased a Philippine airline ticket for her using my visa in the USA but I had to fax photocopy of my ID and credit card to some philippine airline ticketing office in California. Big hassle. In the long run it was way more trouble than it's worth. Just send the money let her buy the ticket in philippines.

Filed: IR-5 Country: Philippines
Timeline

my fiance bought a ticket of me in LA but the eticket that the agency forwarded to me was purchase at Manila and the travel tax is already included. What i just did was just to print the eticket of mine.

But my son,since hes a US citizen my fiance who is my sons father bought him too but it is not the same as mine. Do i need the credit card and id from my fiance?since the agency told my fiance that i will not bring any id or credit card used at the airport since the agency got it already in LA.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I have bought many tickets for my fiancee to travel around the PH and to the interview itself. Each time she had to provide a photocopy of the CC and my ID to get the boarding pass. I assure you, if you arrive at the ticket counter for your flight to America, you will not get a boarding pass until you can prove the ID and CC of the person buying the ticket from outside PH. This has been my experience.

I think when it is time for my fiancee to get her USA flight, I will just send her the money and let her buy it there. I understand that some travel agents in PH can get a USA immigrant discount for first time trips to USA. not sure if this is true or not.

Visa K1 Journey

02-21-10 met online

04-13-10 visit for 21 days in Philippines

08-14-10 visit for 3 months in Philippines

11-01-10 filed K-1

11-06-10 NOA1 received

04-19-11 RFE received

04-21-11 RFE returned

05-04-11 NOA2

05-11-11 Received at NVC, case number assigned

05-13-11 Left NVC to the USEM

06-01-11 Set up interview with embassy

07-21-11 Approved!... with an additional document she needs to aquire.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VBHEKx6afFw

If you aim at nothing, you'll hit it every time

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Thanks to all the output here really got some information.. will try to call delta and ask about this or let him scan his CC and ID and send it to me just in case.. good I got some good info here ..thanks a lot..

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I saw on another thread somewhere that you can call your credit card company and they'd be happy to print her out a card of her own. I'm thinking about doing that in the next couple of days

Maybe send that to her via Johnny air, and then just use that card to buy the ticket. They have that rule about showing a copy of the cc when traveling on the super ferry between island also.

Once she has visa in hand we are planning on her going to visit her dad in Cadiz for a couple of weeks before coming here. Her interview is just around the corner so it's to late too use that as

evidence in the interview but it might look good for the adjustment of status later if she sprinkles a few purchases around PI.

If I would have thought of it, I would have done it a year ago.

I intend to give her strict rules about using the card, I havent decided what they are yet.

I can't think of a quicker way to find out if my trust in her is well founded. I have found out that if I send her xtra money to hold she will come up with good uses for the money other than

my original intention. But so far, She has cleared it with me first.

my now husband bought me a ticket from Delta Airlines, he used his credit card... then he sent the itinerary to my email, also a copy of his credit card and identification card... Delta counter will verify the printed itinerary through credit card and identification upon check in...

I paid P1620 for travel tax and P750 for terminal fee...

K1 Journey

11-01-2010 Packet Sent

11-06-2010 NOA1 Hardcopy

03-17-2011 NOA2

03-31-2011 SLMEC Medical

04-20-2011 Visa Approved

05-03-2011 Visa Received

05-09-2011 CFO Seminar

05-12-2011 US Entry

06-08-2001 Wedding

AOS Journey

06-22-2011 Packet Sent (AOS/EAD/AP)

06-26-2011 NOA1 Hard Copy (AOS/EAD/AP)

07-19-2011 Received Biometric Appt 08-04-2011

07-20-2011 Received Notice-case transferred to CSC

07-26-2011 Biometrics-Walk in

08-15-2011 Approved EAD/AP

08-22-2011 Received card EAD/AP

08-31-2011 GC Approved

09-08-2011 GC Received

ROC Journey

05-28-2013 Packet Sent

06-07-2013 NOA

06-11-2013 Received Biometric Appt

07-08-2013 Biometric Appt

08-22-2013 Received notice-case transferred to CSC

10-08-2013 ROC Approved

10-13-2013 GC Received

N-400 Journey

06-02-2014 Packet Sent

06-12-2014 NOA

06-23-2014 Received Biometrics Appt

07-02-2014 Biometrics Appt

09-02-2014 Interview (Approved)

11-13-2014 Oath Taking

qt7wa3b0.png

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

My fiance bought my ticket through Expedia then he emailed me the itinerary and I printed it.

Though I was wondering if the Travel tax is included in it? It says Travel Cost=$####, Taxes and Fees=$347.40...do I still need to pay the travel Tax of 1620pesos in NAIA? What's the Taxes and Fees for?

Edited by paul_kay

tumblr_m24igfpWr01rtrvwyo1_r1_250.jpg

Click image to view my blog!

AOS Timeline

11/1/11 - AOS package Delivered

11/7/11 - NOA Received in the mail

11/12/11 - Biometrics Appointment received

11/28/11 - Case transferred to CSC

12/7/11 - Biometrics done

1/2/12 - EAD and AP approved (Card production)

1/11/12 - EAD/AP Card received

1/20/12 - Got Driver's License!

3/7/12 - GC approved!

3/9/12 - Got a job!

3/11/12 - GC on hand

I bought my fiancee's ticket via a travel agent here. I paid them and they bought the ticket in Manila and they emailed her the e-ticket. Maybe I am just lucky to have an agent here with connections to Manila, but it was a easy, smooth process through them.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.