DarlingNikki

Medical Exam - Jamaica

13 posts in this topic

Hello all... quick question. I know that during the medical exam most are required to get vaccinations according to US standards. Many have suggested going to the local clinic and receiving some of the vaccines prior to medical date due to how expensive they will be on that day. However, this morning the Montego Bay location said that he should not get vaccines at the local clinic. Any reason for that?

Be Sober, Be Vigilant!

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline

I would say that the reason they are saying not to get them in advance is they won't be able to charge you if he has them already - plenty have done it - if you have proof of the shots being done, nothing they can do about it.

Fire de a Mus Mus tail, him tink a cool breeze

I would say that the reason they are saying not to get them in advance is they won't be able to charge you if he has them already - plenty have done it - if you have proof of the shots being done, nothing they can do about it.

Ah dat mih seh too Sus. Dem jus waan all dih money dem cyan get. KMDT. My problem is... him only have one more time him cyan go dih clinic to get the shots and if him dont have the ones dem him get all ah dem shot yah fih nothing and still haffi guh pay extra pon dih day. Trying to find out what are the predominent ones dem requiring. Almost everyone (even those who never have them immunization record) seh dem only require fih get two or three. But no one mentions which two or three dem get. Any ideas?

Be Sober, Be Vigilant!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Ah dat mih seh too Sus. Dem jus waan all dih money dem cyan get. KMDT. My problem is... him only have one more time him cyan go dih clinic to get the shots and if him dont have the ones dem him get all ah dem shot yah fih nothing and still haffi guh pay extra pon dih day. Trying to find out what are the predominent ones dem requiring. Almost everyone (even those who never have them immunization record) seh dem only require fih get two or three. But no one mentions which two or three dem get. Any ideas?

These are the ones that they have to have at least 1 dose of to enter the US:

MMR

Hepatitis A

Hepatitis B

Tetanus/Diphtheria

Polio

Varicella

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

hep b is only needed if the person is 18 or younger...garnette went to a clinic to get his shots updated and didn't have to get any at the medical...he had MMR, and dTap updated i believe if i remember correctly...they are only good for 10 years so he had to get a booster.

K-1

9/23/2010 NOA1

3/31/2011 NOA2!!(189 days)

6/06/2011 Interview Approved

AOS

7/29/2011 AOS and EAD sent by USPS

8/01/2011 NOA date

8/15/2011 Biometrics walk in (appointment for 8/29)

9/26/2011 EAD Approved

10/4/2011 EAD in Hand

10/18/2011 Interview Green Card Approved

10/28/2011 Green Card in hand :)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

hep b is only needed if the person is 18 or younger...garnette went to a clinic to get his shots updated and didn't have to get any at the medical...he had MMR, and dTap updated i believe if i remember correctly...they are only good for 10 years so he had to get a booster.

It is needed if they never have had it before

Filed: Timeline

Hello all... quick question. I know that during the medical exam most are required to get vaccinations according to US standards. Many have suggested going to the local clinic and receiving some of the vaccines prior to medical date due to how expensive they will be on that day. However, this morning the Montego Bay location said that he should not get vaccines at the local clinic. Any reason for that?

Hi Nikki --- not sure why they would tell him that...I have plenty friends and family members who have go through Mobay Hope and had their shot records updated and their local clinics and had no issues. My husband also did the same thing and that was 3 years ago. In my husband case, we went to his grade school and they provided the card we took the card to the clinic in the area where he lived in Mobay. I told the nurse it was for immigration and he'll be going to the US and she looked at his card and told us which shots he needed...at his medical he didn't need anymore shots. Wishing you all the best.

One Love,

Lawny

********************************************************************************

....when it hurts to look back and you're scared to look ahead LOOK beside you and I'll be there.....

There comes a point in your life when you realize who matters, who never did, who won't anymore... and who always will.

So, don't worry about people from your past, there's a reason why they didn't make it to your future.

6002239865101_1_27247687.jpg (cost of the IMMIGRATION PROCESS)

tep aff a mi name

Thanks everyone. I found the list on the CDC website for required vaccines for immigration purposes by age. They provide the physician guidelines and specifies the requirements for those acquiring the vaccines abroad for entry into the US. I'll have to post it for future reference. Thanks all.

Be Sober, Be Vigilant!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Thanks everyone. I found the list on the CDC website for required vaccines for immigration purposes by age. They provide the physician guidelines and specifies the requirements for those acquiring the vaccines abroad for entry into the US. I'll have to post it for future reference. Thanks all.

Nikki,

Please post any information regarding the vaccines. I have been searching high and low for the info. Thanks a mil. RNM

Love makes your soul crawl out from its hiding place....Zora Neale Hurston

ticker.png

Filed: FB-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

I downloaded form I-693 where page 4 lists the shots. Sometimes he may not need or may need but thus far, i think it would be good for local clinic to give the shots prior to medical.

MMR -measeles, rubella and mumps

HIB

Heb A and B

varicella

pneumoccal

influenza (not the flu shot)

rotavirus

meningoccal

Case #1: CR1 & CR2-Hubby & Kids
6/6/11...Priority Date
7/2011...NOA2 ~44 days
8/5/2011...NVC & IIN # Received
9/12/11... CR1 & Cr2 cases completed. ~37 days
11/4/11... CR1 & CR2 Interview APPROVED!!!
11/2011... POE
Praise Jesus!smile.png
----------------------------------
Case #2 - F1-Sister
USCIS

10/2006....I-130 sent.

NVC
9/2011.....NVC Case # received.
1/2012....AOS Bill Paid & I864 sent.
2/2012....IV Bill Paid & DS 230 sent
2/2012....**Case on Child Status Protection Act Review**

3/2012...Case complete waiting for interview date.

KNG Embassy

11/2013...Interview date :)

Sorry for the delay folks. THis is the 2009 list of Physicians Instruction Regarding Vaccinations provided from the CDC for persons going through immigration process for entry into the United States. Please carefully review the age requirements and the asterisk notations provided. Also... please keep in mind we are talking about Jamaica and just because something is said here does not necessarily mean this is all that will be required on the day of the exam. It is ultimately at the physicians discretion, however, this will give you a good starting point.

Happy examining! NOT!

Be Sober, Be Vigilant!

• 1 month later...
Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Can anyone who has recently had their medical tell me what shots were needed for someone over 18?

This list was posted 3 months ago, we are still having a hard time determining what shots are needed as of October 2011, since we want to have them done at a local clinic.

MMR -measeles, rubella and mumps

HIB

Heb A and B

varicella

pneumoccal

influenza (not the flu shot)

rotavirus

meningoccal

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.