lacoccinelle

Waiting for open appointments in Mtl

8 posts in this topic

Anyone else out there still trying to get an appointment for Montreal? I'm just trying to get an idea of how long we'll have to wait.

We just got packet 4 on Thursday, and I've been on the website almost constantly refreshing the page trying to get an interview.

Does anyone know the best times? Is there any system to when new appointments become available?

We gave notice at our apartment and we're leaving at the end of September. If we can't move before then I'm going to go live with my parents until we get approval to move. Does it often take a few months to nab an appointment?

Mar 2008 - We married

May 2008 - He applied for Canadian PR

Jan 2009 - Received PR Card

Feb 2011 - Baby born

May 2011 - Submitted I-130 for US Visa, DCF in Vancouver

July 2011 - Received & returned packet 3

August 2011 - Received packet 4

now....trying to book an interview in Montreal

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Does it often take a few months to nab an appointment?

Yes, it often takes more than a month. Unfortunately there is no system and you have to be a hawk ;) The system will allow you to make an appointment when they open new slots. It happens randomly. You can schedule as soon as possible and keep an eye open for an earlier appointment and reschedule. When I was at that stage (March) the earliest appointments available were 3 months later. But, towards the end of the month, closer appointments got available maybe due to cancellations.

In the meantime, make sure you have everything you will need ready.

US citizen since April 2016

ROC completed April 2014

AOS from K1 completed February 2012

Timeline

Spousal visas are usually booked for you, you don't book them.

-------------------------------------------- as1cE-a0g410010MjgybHN8MDA5Njk4c3xNYXJyaWVkIGZvcg.gif

Your I-129f was approved in 5 days from your NOA1 date.

Your interview took 67 days from your I-129F NOA1 date.

AOS was approved in 2 months and 8 days without interview.

ROC was approved in 3 months and 2 days without interview.

I am a Citizen of the United States of America. 04/16/13

Spousal visas are usually booked for you, you don't book them.

I'm pretty sure I have to book it. They said so in the letter they sent me, and from what I've read online Direct Consular Filing an I-130 requires me to book the appointment. Although it'd make my life a lot easier if I didn't have to...

Mar 2008 - We married

May 2008 - He applied for Canadian PR

Jan 2009 - Received PR Card

Feb 2011 - Baby born

May 2011 - Submitted I-130 for US Visa, DCF in Vancouver

July 2011 - Received & returned packet 3

August 2011 - Received packet 4

now....trying to book an interview in Montreal

Timeline

I'm pretty sure I have to book it. They said so in the letter they sent me, and from what I've read online Direct Consular Filing an I-130 requires me to book the appointment. Although it'd make my life a lot easier if I didn't have to...

Oops my bad. I assumed you are applying for a K-1. Spouses are assigned an interview appointment.

US citizen since April 2016

ROC completed April 2014

AOS from K1 completed February 2012

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

If you filed a I-130, then you filed for a spousal visa and you will be assigned an interview, date and time. I found out the end of June that my interview was for mid August.

Filed: Country: Canada
Timeline

Wrong, sorry, she will schedule her own. I too applied for IR1/CR1 DCF.

Unfortunately, all appointments until the end of November are booked, so it' a waiting game until they open the next block. However, always check the site because there are often cancellations. Congratulations and good luck!

If you filed a I-130, then you filed for a spousal visa and you will be assigned an interview, date and time. I found out the end of June that my interview was for mid August.

March 1999 - Met online

July 5th, 2001 - Met in person

December 19, 2003 - Got engaged

September 26, 2004 - Got married in Canada and husband (USC) becomes a PR

July 5, 2007 - Our daughter Samantha is born

April 5th, 2011 - I-130 Submitted to Toronto Consulate

April 29th, 2011 - Interview at Toronto Consulate

June 8th, 2011 - Packet 3 received via email

June 9th, 2011 - Packet 3 returned via Expresspost overnight

June 13th, 2011 - Packet 3 received by Consulate

June 16th, 2011 - Packet 3 Logged

June 16th, 2011 - Packet 4 Dated

June 22nd, 2011 - Packet 4 Logged

September 12, 2011 - Medical in Toronto

September 29, 2011 - Interview - APPROVED!

? - Visa Received

? - POE

Anyone else out there still trying to get an appointment for Montreal? I'm just trying to get an idea of how long we'll have to wait.

Did you book your medical yet? I'd say get that done as soon as you can, that way after you get the results (a couple of days after the exam), you can grab pretty much any interview that opens up. For example, my medical is Aug 30th, and my interview is Oct 31st, but if I can nab a cancellation anytime in Sept or Oct on short notice, I totally will.

I think I recall seeing a thread somewhere on VJ that said what week of each month the new block of dates for the future opens up. Don't know if it's actually accurate, but might be worth a search.

03/15/2011 - NOA1

05/31/2011 - NOA2

06/??/2011 - NVC received

06/14/2011 - Case forwarded to Montreal

06/20/2011 - Packet 3 sent from Mtl

06/27/2011 - Sent Packet 3 back

07/07/2011 - RFE for Packet 3 sent from Mtl

07/18/2011 - RFE sent to embassy

07/21/2011 - RFE logged

07/25/2011 - Packet 4 sent, interview date made

10/31/2011 - Interview...APPROVED!

11/11/2011 - Visa ready for pickup

12/21/2011 - POE

02/24/2012 - Married!

05/14/2012 - AOS, EAD, AP forms sent

05/21/2012 - NOA1

08/13/2012 - AOS interview...APPROVED!

07/21/2014 - I-751 filed

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.