TravellingNomad

Grass not always greener

61 posts in this topic

She is planning an escape it sounds, she is making friends and trying to get a licence to drive off and maybe even abandon her kids! How long has she been in the usa? If not long, then send her back home

Sounds like it might be immigration fraud, maybe she came to the usa with other plans and just used you to get here

:lol: You win a :bonk:

or..:blink: .maybe you are right...maybe....:unsure: they have been together for 16 years,,married 10 years ago...had 2 children ..waited and waited some more.....all so she could (fraudulently) get to America ,obtain a green card and abandon her kids....Brilliant!!! :lol:

1 is not enough...you win 2...:bonk: :bonk: :lol:

P.S. Makes me laugh when people post "send" her home. :lol: All Hail the Mighty American and his Amazing SENDING powers. :lol:

Awwww...you get 3...:bonk: :bonk: :bonk: ...you're a winner! :thumbs:

Edited by ~happyndinlove~

Immigration Timeline Summary

10.21.2008 – CR-1 Visa Application Filed (By Hubby's Sec)
09.04.2009 – Visa Interview | Passed
09.10.2009 – Visa Packet Received
09.17.2009 – US Entry | Home
07.05.2011 – ROC Petition Filed
05.01.2012 – ROC Approved (No Interview)
05.18.2012 – 10-year GC Received
06.19.2012 – Eligible to apply for Naturalization
(procrastinated)
06.24.2013 – N-400 Application Filed
09.30.2013 – Civics Test / Interview | Passed
10.03.2013 – Oath Taking Ceremony | Became a USCitizen!
04.14.2014 – Applied for "Expedite Service" Passport (as PI travel date was fast approaching)
04.16.2014 – Passport Issued & Shipped
04.17.2014 – US Passport Received

Our timeline vanished into thin air.

I've contacted the admin several times but I got zero response.

https://meiscookery.wordpress.com

or..:blink: .maybe you are right...maybe....:unsure: they have been together for 16 years,,married 10 years ago...had 2 children ..waited and waited some more.....all so she could (fraudulently) get to America ,obtain a green card and abandon her kids....Brilliant!!! :lol:

P.S. Makes me laugh when people post "send" her home. :lol: All Hail the Mighty American and his Amazing SENDING powers. :lol:

Awwww...you get 3...:bonk: :bonk: :bonk: ...you're a winner! :thumbs:

i'm gonna give that one the Diabolical Plan of the Decade award. :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

:ot2:

NVC

4/14/2011: NVC RECEIVED-NO CASE NUMBER YET

4/19/2011: CASE NUMBER ASSIGNED

4/21/2011: AOS BILL PAID

5/04/2011: IV BILL GENERATED AND PAID

5/11/2011: AOS & IV PACKET SENT

5/13/2011: NVC RECEIVED

5/24/2011: RFE

5/25/2011: RFE SENT

6/02/2011: ADVANCED MEDICAL DAY 1

6/03/2011: ADVANCED MEDICAL DAY 2 PASSED

6/08/2011: SIF

6/09/2011: CC

7/15/2011: 2 YEAR WEDDING ANNIVERSARY

8/03/2011: INTERVIEW

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

The big question is why is she saying this????

gusto nya ako layasan kse asar sya sa akin

Like He I abandon he pissed she (me) and mine.

Can also be loosely translated, I wanted him to run away from me pissed.

Something is wrong. The key is what and why. What have you done wrong to her. Why does she feel so upset, and what have you done to her. Or is this someone else??? the key reference here is he.

Best of luck to you. I hope things improve.....

K-1 Visa Timeline:

02/11/2011 - Engaged at her house by her Godmother.

02/18/2011 - Engagement party with relatives - propose in Visayan.

02/24/2011 - K-1 packet sent.

09/18/2011 - POE, Viva Las Vegas, Baby !!!!! Home to Phoenix.

12/10/2011 - Official Wedding

07/05/2012 - Princess Rose born.

07/07/2012 - AP/EAD received.

07/17/2012 - AOS passed. (Birthday for Mama Rayos)

event.png

event.png

event.png

or..:blink: .maybe you are right...maybe....Brilliant!!! :lol:

you're a winner! :thumbs:

your grumpy old-man-ness is showing again... ;)

your grumpy old-man-ness is showing again... ;)

1. :blink: You are calling me old?:crying::lol: I'm 46 and still full of vigor and vinegar. :P How old are you?

2. I used lot's of laughing smiley's. :innocent: I think you're the grumpy one. :hehe:

(procrastinated)
04.14.2014 – Applied for "Expedite Service" Passport (as PI travel date was fast approaching)

ok everyone i got an update. i finally talked to her yesterday afternoon. and no...it wasn't a mexican stand off type confrontation. finally got an answer and it was one of those defining moments for me. i asked her yesterday afternoon why she was so unhappy when im around and seems like she's not into the marriage anymore. she told me that when she got here, it was because she really missed her family back home. i really do understand because this is the first time she's been this far away from them since she was born. then she said she started to get used to being here and trying her best to get acclimated with the way of life here. but one thing she hated was that i smoke. so she said that she thought if she made such a big change in life (immigrating to a new country for me), that the least i can do was make a small change myself. she's been telling me for a very long time to quit but haven't. so beginning of July she requested i stop and i did, cold turkey. about a week after i quit, i asked her why she was acting the way she was not talking to me . she said something and i guess i got irritated and told her "hopefully you work soon so that we don't see each other as much anymore". i told her i said it as a joke because of how she was not talking to me and that i felt she didn't want to be around me. i could've sworn i wasn't irritated but she told me that it sounded like i was snapping at her. then she told me that ever since i quit cold turkey, i've been snapping at her and she didn't know why. right when she said that, we looked at each other and i swear both of us saw the lightbulb come on. she then asked me if it could be because i was quitting smoking at that time. she said she only started noticing me having a bad attitude when i stopped smoking.

i feel sooo terrible at how i've been acting towards her. i should've expected a change in me when i decided to quit cold turkey and gave her a heads-up, but i didn't think i would be that bad. so to somewhat make up for it, i gave her a big wet kiss right smack on the lips and gave her a really big and tight hug! she told me that i was very cranky and snappy the first couple of weeks of me quitting and that im actually back to my normal self again. but even though i wasn't cranky and snappy anymore, she told me she just got hurt at what i said and every time she saw me, it comes back and gets her really down. she said she thought i didn't want to be with her anymore when i said that that's why she started mentioning divorce in a semi-joking way because she wanted to see where she stood with me. i know it doesn't make up for me being such a jerk, but i told her that everytime i think about her, she still makes my heart skip a beat like the very first time i saw her when we were kids. i also said to her that i still get excited and look forward to seeing her when she's out of my sight. now to surprise her by getting a dozen tulips (her favorite flower) delivered to her.

i am glad to say we were able to talk. im especially glad that she was able to get her sama ng loob off her chest. thanks everyone for listening (or reading for that matter) and giving advise.

I-130 for wife and kids

---------------------------------------------

02/11/2010: I-130 as an LPR mailed certified

02/25/2010: Recvd letters-I-130s was recvd

06/17/2010: Oathtaking - Became a US Citizen

06/21/2010: Called USCIS to let them know to update my I-130 from an LPR petition to a USC petition.

06/25/2010: Case for both sons Touched

06/28/2010: Petition updated to a USC petition (Oldest son)

06/30/2010: Petition updated to a USC petition (Wife & youngest son)

07/19/2010: G-325A returned. Incomplete.

07/30/2010: Completed G-325A mailed back via certified mail

08/04/2010: Certified mail delivered at Laguna Niguel

08/07/2010: Touched - UCSIC received reply to RFE

08/13/2010: I-130 APPROVED!!! (recvd email update)

NVC JOURNEY

08/20/2010: NVC recvd I-130 and case number assigned

09/01/2010: Recvd AOS fee bill & DS-3032 via email

09/02/2010: Paid AOS fee & DS-3032 sent back via email

09/13/2010: AOS packet mailed via UPS

09/15/2010: AOS signed for by NVC. IV fee for wife & kids ready.

10/07/2010: Per AVR/NVC - Need to correct I864W for kids

10/11/2010: DS-230 packet & corrected I-864W sent to NVC via UPS

10/15/2010: Recvd and signed for by NVC

11/02/2010: NVC online fee payment portal SIF. NVC adviced that final stages of review.

11/03/2010: AVR - APPLICATION COMPLETED!!

11/10/2010: Medical...1st day at St. Luke's

11/12/2010: Pick up results for Medical - PASSED!

11/16/2010: USEM interview scheduled on 12/14/10

12/14/2010: VISAS APPROVED!!!!

12/20/2010: Visas received

02/22/2011: Cali bound

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

ok everyone i got an update. i finally talked to her yesterday afternoon. and no...it wasn't a mexican stand off type confrontation. finally got an answer and it was one of those defining moments for me. i asked her yesterday afternoon why she was so unhappy when im around and seems like she's not into the marriage anymore. she told me that when she got here, it was because she really missed her family back home. i really do understand because this is the first time she's been this far away from them since she was born. then she said she started to get used to being here and trying her best to get acclimated with the way of life here. but one thing she hated was that i smoke. so she said that she thought if she made such a big change in life (immigrating to a new country for me), that the least i can do was make a small change myself. she's been telling me for a very long time to quit but haven't. so beginning of July she requested i stop and i did, cold turkey. about a week after i quit, i asked her why she was acting the way she was not talking to me . she said something and i guess i got irritated and told her "hopefully you work soon so that we don't see each other as much anymore". i told her i said it as a joke because of how she was not talking to me and that i felt she didn't want to be around me. i could've sworn i wasn't irritated but she told me that it sounded like i was snapping at her. then she told me that ever since i quit cold turkey, i've been snapping at her and she didn't know why. right when she said that, we looked at each other and i swear both of us saw the lightbulb come on. she then asked me if it could be because i was quitting smoking at that time. she said she only started noticing me having a bad attitude when i stopped smoking.

i feel sooo terrible at how i've been acting towards her. i should've expected a change in me when i decided to quit cold turkey and gave her a heads-up, but i didn't think i would be that bad. so to somewhat make up for it, i gave her a big wet kiss right smack on the lips and gave her a really big and tight hug! she told me that i was very cranky and snappy the first couple of weeks of me quitting and that im actually back to my normal self again. but even though i wasn't cranky and snappy anymore, she told me she just got hurt at what i said and every time she saw me, it comes back and gets her really down. she said she thought i didn't want to be with her anymore when i said that that's why she started mentioning divorce in a semi-joking way because she wanted to see where she stood with me. i know it doesn't make up for me being such a jerk, but i told her that everytime i think about her, she still makes my heart skip a beat like the very first time i saw her when we were kids. i also said to her that i still get excited and look forward to seeing her when she's out of my sight. now to surprise her by getting a dozen tulips (her favorite flower) delivered to her.

i am glad to say we were able to talk. im especially glad that she was able to get her sama ng loob off her chest. thanks everyone for listening (or reading for that matter) and giving advise.

:thumbs:

:thumbs:

NVC

4/14/2011: NVC RECEIVED-NO CASE NUMBER YET

4/19/2011: CASE NUMBER ASSIGNED

4/21/2011: AOS BILL PAID

5/04/2011: IV BILL GENERATED AND PAID

5/11/2011: AOS & IV PACKET SENT

5/13/2011: NVC RECEIVED

5/24/2011: RFE

5/25/2011: RFE SENT

6/02/2011: ADVANCED MEDICAL DAY 1

6/03/2011: ADVANCED MEDICAL DAY 2 PASSED

6/08/2011: SIF

6/09/2011: CC

7/15/2011: 2 YEAR WEDDING ANNIVERSARY

8/03/2011: INTERVIEW

It's the tone, not the emoticons, and your meaning, of course.

As for me? I am MUCH younger than ye...

You must possess super powers if you can discern my "tone" from a written post. :whistle: Furthermore, You choose to ignore smiley's when defining your interpretation of another's writing. :blink:

Since you claim to be "MUCH" younger than I...perhaps you will heed some advice from your elder, laddie...,

1. No1 expects you to be a "champion" for the meek and timid and I doubt any1 (excluding urself. of course) perceive you to be. ;)

2. Don't bait another if you plan to run to a mod when you take a return hit. It makes for a poor representation of your character. It's a "small" minded thing to do. Makes you seem a :cry:

3. Don't fool yourself into thinking your presumptive advice has any value to me. Annoying and arrogant?...yes...meaningful? No.

P.S. You mind your biz and I will mind mine otherwise, we are destined to repeat this dance. ;)

(procrastinated)

i finally talked to her yesterday afternoon.

We're happy to see that you two are OK now. :thumbs:

Best wishes...

(procrastinated)

Something is wrong. The key is what and why. What have you done wrong to her. Why does she feel so upset, and what have you done to her. Or is this someone else??? the key reference here is he.

:o:wacko::dead:

(procrastinated)

How did you come up with this???

It means "she wants to leave me coz she's annoyed or pissed"

I've studied Chinese for years and lived there fir 2 years but would never head to the Chinese forum and start translating in front of the locals :) don't get me wrong, I love that you are trying and learning but your post makes you sound like you know it all about the language and google translate can only do so much. That is very very very loosely translated :)

That being said, to the OP, im glad things are better! And goodluck to you too Darren, I meant no offense!

My Journey:

We met through a study-abroad program in Shanghai, China in August of 2009

We got engaged March of 2010

I received my K1 VISA in 6 months (June-December 2010)

We were married 04/02/2011
I received my conditional 2-year greencard (AOS) in 2.5 months with no interview (April-June 2011)

Our son was born 02/03/2013

I received my masters degree in Speech-Language Pathology 04/17/2013

I received my 10-year greencard (ROC) in 3 months with no interview (March-June 2013)

My husband returned from deployment 06/20/2013

My naturalization journey took 4 months (April-August 2014)

I became a US citizen on 08/01/2014

Received passport in 3 weeks (regular processing)

Thank you, VJ! smile.png

ok everyone i got an update. i finally talked to her yesterday afternoon.

And therein lies the answer to MANY of marital issues, big or small... talking AND listening. It's not always easy to sit back, open up, and create an atmosphere that is conducive to the other person actually communicating... but it often works. Glad you guys were able to talk about it and begin to understand each other. And hopefully, you will be able to do it sooner next time.

Oh and congrats at giving up the smokes. I know it's hard, and truly a testament as to how much you care about her opinion and well being, once she made you aware it was an issue. Hope she realizes the sacrifice you made for her happiness and health!! :thumbs:

How did you come up with this???

It means "she wants to leave me coz she's annoyed or pissed"

I've studied Chinese for years and lived there fir 2 years but would never head to the Chinese forum and start translating in front of the locals :) don't get me wrong, I love that you are trying and learning but your post makes you sound like you know it all about the language and google translate can only do so much. That is very very very loosely translated :)

That being said, to the OP, im glad things are better! And goodluck to you too Darren, I meant no offense!

His above translation gave me a terrible headache. :crying:

(procrastinated)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.