Sunshine Times

General Timeline

8 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Hi, does anyone have a genereal timeline with regard to how long London take to "log" Packet 3? As I DEFINATELY wont be leaving it so long this time before contacting DOS.

Thank you :luv:

event.png

LONDON CONSULATE AND VERMONT SERVICE CENTER

INTERVIEW DATE: 16th September 2011

♥-:¦:-·:*'""*♥:·.-:¦:-·** VISA APPROVED!!! ♥-:¦:-·:*'""*♥:·.-:¦:-·**

PASSPORT W/VISA RECEIVED: 21st September 2011

P.O.E: NEWARK, NJ ~ 26th September 2011

APPLIED FOR SS#: 17th October 2011

MARRIED: 25th October 2011

DISCOVERD PROBLEM WITH SS#: 23rd November 2011

ADJUSTMENT OF STATUS, AP AND EAD PROCESS

MAILED AOS, EAD and AP: 23rd November 2011

2nd APPLICATION FOR SS#: 29th November 2011

3 HARD COPY RECEIPTS FOR AOS PACKAGE: 5th December 2011

BIOMETRICS APPOINTMENT LETTER RECEIVED: 9th December 2011

SOCIAL SECURITY #CARD RECEIVED: 12th December 2011

NOTICE RECEIPT: AOS TRANSFERED TO CSC: 19th December 2011

ATTENDED BIOMETRICS APPOINTMENT: 21st December 2011

APPLICATION TO CHANGE SS# SURNAME: 6th January 2012

TOLD BY SS THAT IM OUT OF STATUS, CANNOT CHANGE NAME ON SS# CARD: 24th January 2012

Between 1 - 2 weeks probably.

TIMELINE

2 0 1 1

3rd Feb - 129f Sent

10th Feb - NOA1

16th May - NOA2

8th August - Interview in London. APPROVED!

29th August - POE at SFO

7th Oct - Married

10th Oct - AOS Filed

17th Oct - NOA Letter(s)

20th Oct - Biometrics Letter (for 14th Nov)

28th Oct - Biometrics (walk-in)

2 0 1 2

3 Jan - Service Request Put In

13 Jan - EAD Approved

17 Jan - Interview Notice Received

24 Jan - EAD in hand

16 Feb - Interview Date. APPROVED!

2 0 1 3 / 2 0 1 4

21 Nov - ROC Filed

2 Dec - NOA

6 Jan - Biometrics (walk-in)

15 May - Card Ordered / Approved

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline

I've sent my package 3 on 20th July, signed for on 21st July, they confirmed receipt on 3rd August, marked me as "interview ready" on the 4th and today, 9th August, they were able to give me my interview date for 6th September if that's any help.

Timeline

I've sent my package 3 on 20th July, signed for on 21st July, they confirmed receipt on 3rd August, marked me as "interview ready" on the 4th and today, 9th August, they were able to give me my interview date for 6th September if that's any help.

How did you find out that you were "interview ready"? My fiance tried calling the Embassy and the operators weren't much help. Our Packet 3 was received July 25th and Medical Results were couriered over August 2nd. Still haven't heard anything :-(

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline

How did you find out that you were "interview ready"? My fiance tried calling the Embassy and the operators weren't much help. Our Packet 3 was received July 25th and Medical Results were couriered over August 2nd. Still haven't heard anything :-(

Hi Kristina,

I started calling DOS about a week after my medical to check my status - it's way cheaper and you can get the same information. As you can see it took them a while to acknowledge receipt of my packet 3 docs (even though I know it was physically delivered before) and then a little while to get an interview assigned. However, I still haven't received the letter from the embassy so you might already have a date just no doc yet. You can ring DOS on +12026631225, option 1 then 0 to speak to someone and then they just need your London case number and the name and date of birth for the beneficiary (don't know if they asked me that because I was ringing and would have asked my USC fiance for his name and DOB) and they should be able to tell you where you're up to.

Good luck! :)

Timeline

Hi Kristina,

I started calling DOS about a week after my medical to check my status - it's way cheaper and you can get the same information. As you can see it took them a while to acknowledge receipt of my packet 3 docs (even though I know it was physically delivered before) and then a little while to get an interview assigned. However, I still haven't received the letter from the embassy so you might already have a date just no doc yet. You can ring DOS on +12026631225, option 1 then 0 to speak to someone and then they just need your London case number and the name and date of birth for the beneficiary (don't know if they asked me that because I was ringing and would have asked my USC fiance for his name and DOB) and they should be able to tell you where you're up to.

Good luck! :)

Thank you!! I will definitely call the DOS tomorrow!

We sent out packet 3 on Aug 1, they signed for it Aug 2 and still no word. :unsure:

K-1 Journey

03-03-2011 - Mailed I-129F application.

03-06-2011 - Packet received in Texas.

03-23-2011 - NOA1 received in mail, dated 03-09-2011.

05-31-2011 - RFE requested. They want better passport pictures of me.

06-06-2011 - Additional passport pics sent.

06-08-2011 - Evidence received and acknowledged. Whew!

06-16-2011 - NOA2 received!

07-20-2011 - Packet 3 Received!

08-01-2011 - Packet 3 returned to Embassy.

08-22-2011 - Packet 4 Received!

09-19-2011 - Interview...APPROVED!

09-23-2011 - Visa in Hand

09-29-2011 - POE LAX

11-11-2011 - Wedding at 11:11pm GMT time.

AOS Journey

12-02-2011 - Mailed in AOS/EAD/AP paperwork.

12-05-2011 - Delivery confirmation per USPS.

12-27-2011 - (3) NOA I-797C received, dated 12-20-2011. Biometrics appt set.

01-10-2012 - Biometrics.

01-20-2012 - Notified of interview appointment for 2-21-2012.

01-31-2012 - EAD and AP approved.

02-08-2012 - EAD/AP card received.

02-21-2012 - AOS interview approved. EAD/AP card confiscated.

03-01-2012 - Green Card in hand!!!

364 days total time!

Timeline

We sent out packet 3 on Aug 1, they signed for it Aug 2 and still no word. :unsure:

Try calling the Department of State tomorrow. (202) 663-1225, Opt 1, Opt 0. We filed Packet 3 on July 25, 2011 and the operator was able to give me all the details regarding when our info was logged and when our interview was.

Edited by Kristina W

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.