katzie

how will i work as a nurse?

27 posts in this topic

OH! We went through the same thing. I passed March 2010, and got married and now I'm here in the US. They gave me that form too. What I did was I sent in that letter, along with a copy of my birth certificate, marriage certificate and US SSN. I included the marriage certificate as proof of name change. I also sent in a copy of the biographical page of my passport just so I have an ID with picture that they can see (but I think they don't need it, I'm just trying to be extra sure). After a week and a half of sending it in, I got my license! Wooohooo!!! Just send in everything, and send it with a tracking number so you know that they received it. Their mailing address is in their website. Good luck! It's an easy process, just send in those documents. :)

I'm also wanting to take the NCLEX exam here in US, what do you guys think I have to prepare? And how long till I'll get eligible to take the exam and finally have my license?

I graduated in a Nursing school in PI and I'm a registered nurse as well. I have ideas but somehow it's not yet clear to me.

Thanks in advance.

Gemini & Janet:

USCIS:

1/24/11 Married(Happiest Day)

2/28/11 I-130 sent

3/03/11 NOA1

3/21/11 CFO seminar (SMEF-COW)

6/08/11 NOA2 (Thank you God)

NVC:

6/28/11 NVC received our petition(Thank God;)

7/01/11 NVC case # assigned(so happy)

7/05/11 Eligible for further processing( DS-3032 sent via e-mail)

7/07/11 Paid AOS fee

7/09/11 DS-3032 received ^_^

7/11/11 AOS status shows as paid & IV bill invoice e-mailed by NVC

7/12/11 AOS packet sent

7/13/11 IV bill paid(AOS packet received)

7/18/11 IV packet sent

7/19/11 IV packet received ^_^

7/27/11 IV packet on process (God is good all the time)

7/29/11 Case completed at NVC

8/02/11 NVC e-mailed the packet of instructions for interview

USEM:

8/22/11 Medical ( passed)

9/13/11 Interview passed (visa printed), thank God for another blessing ;)

9/16/11 Visa on hand

9/20/11 CFO sticker/ticket purchased ^_^

10/06/11 P.O.E. (Las Vegas via PAL)

lNRUp8.png?k7iCQIPf

"You get back what you give out"

Thanks for the very quick response! :) Did you send a NSO authenticated birth and marriage certificate copies or just photocopies of the two? I'm so psyched! :dance:

Just send in copies. They check it anyway on their system. :) As long as you have your Social Security Number, then you're good :)

I'm also wanting to take the NCLEX exam here in US, what do you guys think I have to prepare? And how long till I'll get eligible to take the exam and finally have my license?

I graduated in a Nursing school in PI and I'm a registered nurse as well. I have ideas but somehow it's not yet clear to me.

Thanks in advance.

Hey colleague! :) I'll say it depends on what state you currently live in. Inquire to the Board of Registered Nursing (BRN) of your state. Different states have different rules, regulations and processing procedures. I believe hope.andsun and I took the NCLEX-RN while we we're still in PI (Makati) and I assume we're both under BRN-California.I'm not familiar with how you'll be able to take the NCLEX-RN once you're already in the US (coz I haven't undergone that process).But I suggest read the book entitled Prioritization, Delegation and Assignment by author Linda La Charity!That helped me a lot(I wasn't able to enroll in review centers, just self-paced reviewed).Good luck to you and I'm hoping you'll be able to figure everything out! :)

Just send in copies. They check it anyway on their system. :) As long as you have your Social Security Number, then you're good :)

thank you so much!phew!got everything settled and straightened out!*relieved* I've also checked out your blog. congratulations and I'm very happy for you and the hubby. :luv:

Edited by jon&cess

USCIS

04/11/2011 : I-130 sent to Chicago Lockbox

04/13/2011 : I-130 received/Priority date

07/13/2011 : RFE for G325A (beneficiary)

07/28/2011 : I-130 approved :)

Your I-130 was approved in 106 days from your NOA1 date.

NVC

08/08/2011 : NVC received case from USCIS

09/08/2011 : NVC assigned case number

09/09/2011 : Paid AOS bill

09/14/2011 : Paid IV bill

09/22/2011 : Submitted AOS and IV packets via USPS Priority Mail

09/26/2011 : NVC received AOS and IV packets

10/03/2011 : checklist cover letter #4 - AOS line 25 being questioned

10/11/2011 : Response to RFE sent via USPS Priority Mail

10/11/2011 : checklist cover letter #5 - IV application OK! :) -NVC still waiting for RFE response

10/13/2011 : NVC received RFE reponse and now, we WAIT! :D

10/24/2011 : CASE COMPLETED! Thank you LORD! :D

11/02/2011 : Interview date confirmed via operator! <3

11/03/2011 : Interview appointment email received!

Your interview took 240 days from your I-130 NOA1 date.

US EMBASSY MANILA

11/16/2011 : Medical Exam - SLEC DAY 1

11/17/2011 : Medical Exam - SLEC DAY 2 : PASSED! :D

12/09/2011 : Interview @ USEM Manila : APPROVED

12/16/2011 : Visa on hand! <3

USA

01/18/2012 : POE @ SFO

02/10/2012 : Green card received

Hey colleague! :) I'll say it depends on what state you currently live in. Inquire to the Board of Registered Nursing (BRN) of your state. Different states have different rules, regulations and processing procedures. I believe hope.andsun and I took the NCLEX-RN while we we're still in PI (Makati) and I assume we're both under BRN-California.I'm not familiar with how you'll be able to take the NCLEX-RN once you're already in the US (coz I haven't undergone that process).But I suggest read the book entitled Prioritization, Delegation and Assignment by author Linda La Charity!That helped me a lot(I wasn't able to enroll in review centers, just self-paced reviewed).Good luck to you and I'm hoping you'll be able to figure everything out! :)

thank you so much!phew!got everything settled and straightened out!*relieved* I've also checked out your blog. congratulations and I'm very happy for you and the hubby. :luv:

You're welcome! You know what, I self studied and reviewed that book as well! Very helpful! Plus there are a lot of sample tests online that you can practice on. Thanks for reading my blog. :)

You're welcome! You know what, I self studied and reviewed that book as well! Very helpful! Plus there are a lot of sample tests online that you can practice on. Thanks for reading my blog. :)

I totally agree! :thumbs: I private messaged you! :) Haha!I'm too excited.LOL :lol:

Chinook told me the NCLEX-RN was easier than the NLE.

Haha!This maybe due to the fact that NCLEX-RN questions are well constructed compared to that of the NLE questions. :P

USCIS

04/11/2011 : I-130 sent to Chicago Lockbox

04/13/2011 : I-130 received/Priority date

07/13/2011 : RFE for G325A (beneficiary)

07/28/2011 : I-130 approved :)

Your I-130 was approved in 106 days from your NOA1 date.

NVC

08/08/2011 : NVC received case from USCIS

09/08/2011 : NVC assigned case number

09/09/2011 : Paid AOS bill

09/14/2011 : Paid IV bill

09/22/2011 : Submitted AOS and IV packets via USPS Priority Mail

09/26/2011 : NVC received AOS and IV packets

10/03/2011 : checklist cover letter #4 - AOS line 25 being questioned

10/11/2011 : Response to RFE sent via USPS Priority Mail

10/11/2011 : checklist cover letter #5 - IV application OK! :) -NVC still waiting for RFE response

10/13/2011 : NVC received RFE reponse and now, we WAIT! :D

10/24/2011 : CASE COMPLETED! Thank you LORD! :D

11/02/2011 : Interview date confirmed via operator! <3

11/03/2011 : Interview appointment email received!

Your interview took 240 days from your I-130 NOA1 date.

US EMBASSY MANILA

11/16/2011 : Medical Exam - SLEC DAY 1

11/17/2011 : Medical Exam - SLEC DAY 2 : PASSED! :D

12/09/2011 : Interview @ USEM Manila : APPROVED

12/16/2011 : Visa on hand! <3

USA

01/18/2012 : POE @ SFO

02/10/2012 : Green card received

Chinook told me the NCLEX-RN was easier than the NLE.

It's true. Memorization won't do you any good in the NCLEX, just understanding and knowing what to do. It's just the pressure and the sense of not knowing what kind of questions are gonna show that makes it difficult. But the NLE does have way out there questions. :whistle:

Thanks in advance.

Hey colleague! :) I'll say it depends on what state you currently live in. Inquire to the Board of Registered Nursing (BRN) of your state. Different states have different rules, regulations and processing procedures. I believe hope.andsun and I took the NCLEX-RN while we we're still in PI (Makati) and I assume we're both under BRN-California.I'm not familiar with how you'll be able to take the NCLEX-RN once you're already in the US (coz I haven't undergone that process).

The NCLEX-RN process here in the States is the same as it is in 'Pinas. Only the price is different. It costs $400 in 'Pinas (and often travel expenses too). It costs $200 in the U.S. You can apply for the ATT (authorization to test) through any state in the U.S. Each state has its own requirements. Once you have fulfilled the requirements of the state where you applied, and have received the ATT, you can sit for the NCLEX-RN anywhere you want, including your home town. You do not need to take the test in the state where you applied for the ATT.

Once you pass the NCLEX-RN, you will be issued an RN license by the state which gave you the ATT. That license authorizes you to work as an RN in that state. If you instead want to work in the state where you live, you can transfer your license to your state through a procedure called "license by endorsement." Each state has it's own requirements for licensing by endorsement. Once you have completed the licensing by endorsement process, you will be licensed in your state and can go to work as an RN.

Chinook applied through the state of Vermont for the ATT, and was accepted. She sat for the NCLEX-RN in the state of Washington. She passed the test, and was licensed by the State of Vermont. Then she applied through the State of Washington for a license by endorsement. It took a month or so for Washington to grant her a license. Chinook started working as an RN here in Washington about three months after the Washington State Board of Nursing issued her license.

Here are Chinook's recommendations:

> Saunders Comprehensive Fourth Edition-- A good book for the basics. Also, pay attention to the Pharma. :reading:

> Exam Cram-- A good book for analysis. The practice questions are similar in style to the actual test. :reading:

> LaCharity-- A good book for prioritization. :reading:

> NCLEX3500-- Free online review. Good for analysis. Questions are more challenging than Saunders. :reading:

> Memorize only the very basic lab values. If you try to understand the concept first, the analysis becomes easier. :reading:

> Answer at least 100 questions every day. :reading:

> Chinook self-studied for the NCLEX-RN. She always wanted to feel fresh and relaxed when she was studying, so she would study for an hour or so at a time. Then, when she was feeling tired, she would take a short nap. :idea:

:star: Good luck on the NCLEX. :star: There are jobs out there waiting for you! :yes:

:star:Mabuhay ang Pinay RNs !!! :star:

This thread reminds me that I have to start self-reviewing for the NCLEX-RN, since I'll probably, hopefully, be with my husband soon. The plan is to take the licensure exam soon after I arrive. How I wish I could pass the test without having to study nursing concepts again! :P

USCIS

03/21/11 - I-130 petition sent

03/25/11 - NOA1

09/08/11 - NOA2

NVC

09/12/11 - Case received by NVC

09/29/11 - NVC case number generated

09/30/11 - Received DS-3032 and I-864 bill

10/02/11 - Paid I-864 bill and emailed DS-3032

10/03/11 - NVC accepted DS-3032

10/04/11 - Received IV bill/I-864 bill marked as paid

10/21/11 - Paid IV bill10/24/11 - IV bill marked as paid

11/03/11 - Mailed I-864 and DS-230 packages

11/04/11 - I-864 and DS-230 packages reached NVC

11/10/11 - Case completed

11/29/11 - Received interview appointment letter

SLEC/Manila Consulate

11/04/11 & 11/08/11 - Medical exam completed and passed

01/03/12 - Interview - Approved!

01/04/12 - Visa issued

01/09/12 - Visa received

US Entry

01/17/12 - POE: Honolulu; with connecting flight to San Francisco

02/09/12 - Applied for SSN at SSA office

02/11/12 - Welcome letter arrived in the mail

02/13/12 - 2-yr green card arrived in the mail

Removal of Conditions

12/09/13 - I-751 petition sent

12/11/13 - NOA1 receipt date

12/12/13 - Money order cashed

01/06/14 - Biometrics appointment

04/10/14 - RFE

07/03/14 - RFE response sent

07/22/14 - ROC approved!

07/31/14 - Estimated arrival of 10-year GC, according to USPS tracking

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks in advance.

The application process depends on the state. Different states have different requirements. You can take a look at the NCSBN website, click on Boards of Nursing -> Contact a Board of Nursing. You will see links to the different state boards.

They generally require documents from your nursing school and the PRC, and since you're in the States, you could maybe ask a family member to process the documents for you. But take note, that sometimes they require it to be sent in a SEALED envelope, so your relative has to be careful not to open it.

Also, some states require a credentials evaluation from CGFNS or other credentaling agencies, so you might want to check out the state's requirements.

Correction: I think the NCLEX-RN still costs $350 in 'Pinas. Not $400. :bonk:

OK everyone...it's time to study! :reading:

That's just the exam fee, I think. That doesn't include the application fee. Also, some states require a CGFNS Certificate or a credentials evaluation, and that's another couple hundred dollars. o_O

USCIS

10/01/11 - Filed (2) I-130's

10/04/11 - NOA-1

04/05/12 - NOA-2

Your I-130 was approved in 184 days from your NOA1 date.

NVC

04/23/12 - NVC received both cases (18 days/12 business days from NOA-2)

05/07/12 - Case numbers and IIN's (14 days/10 business days since NVC received)

05/07/12 - Sent out DS-3032 by email; auto-response received

05/08/12 - AOS fee invoiced, paid - "IN PROCESS"

05/09/12 - AOS fee shows as "PAID"

05/10/12 - Spouse's DS-3032 accepted; minor child's rejected = had petitioner call NVC = received verbal acceptance from operator

05/11/12 - Spouse's IV fee invoiced

05/14/12 - Daughter's IV fee invoiced, paid both IV fees - "IN PROCESS"

05/15/12 - Both IV fees show as "PAID"

05/16/12 - Sent both AOS and both IV packages to NVC via USPS (expected delivery: 05/19/12)

05/21/12 - All 4 packages delivered

05/30/12 - Received checklist for daughter's AOS

05/31/12 - Sent response to checklist via USPS (expected delivery: 06/01/12); Spouse's case completed

06/07/12 - Daughter's case completed; waiting for interview date

06/14/12 - P4 received: interview date 07/11/12

Embassy

07/04-05/12 - Medical at SLEC

07/11/12 - Interview: APPROVED!

07/14/12 - Visas on hand

POE: 10/17/12

GC's on hand: 10/31/12

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.