CarpiDiem

FASTER AOS PROCESSING ????

4 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Timeline

Ladies and Gents,

I found this article which may explain why AOS approvals are a little bit faster except for some District Offices.

Nearly 1 million applications will still be pending at the start of October, according to this report, including those that USCIS considers outside its control because they are awaiting feedback from other agencies such as the FBI, or information or documents from applicants.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

U.S. Immigration Agency Speeding Up Procedures

Reuters

Friday, September 15, 2006; 8:16 PM

WASHINGTON - The U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services said on Friday it will meet its goal of reducing the average wait time for immigration services to six months by the end of September.

The agency formerly known as the Immigration and Naturalization Service also said the total number of pending cases that exceeded the six-month wait period fell from 3.8 million in January 2004 to 1.1 million in July this year.

"It really is a Herculean achievement that we've been able to achieve this," Emilio Gonzalez, the agency's director told reporters.

Nearly 1 million applications will still be pending at the start of October, said Michael Ayetes, director of USCIS field operations.

But the agency considers these outside its control because they are awaiting feedback from other agencies such as the FBI, or information or documents from applicants, Ayetes said.

In July 2001, President George W. Bush asked the agency to establish a six-month standard from start to finish for processing immigration applications.

Three main types of services still face backlogs, Ayetes said. They include relative petitions, in which a U.S. citizen asks for the naturalization of a relative, requests for permanent residence and asylum applications.

The offices with the biggest numbers of backlogs are New York, Miami and Atlanta, he added.

Crystal Williams of the American Immigration Lawyers Association said USCIS holds some responsibility for the nearly 1 million applications it says are outside the agency's control.

"They have become faster and they've made progress ... but in many cases they are generating these numbers by sending unneeded requests for extra documentation (to applicants)," she said.

Williams added the agency should also establish procedures to get information from other agencies faster.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

"In July 2001, President George W. Bush asked the agency to establish a six-month standard from start to finish for processing immigration applications."

I gather they mean six-month from start to finish regarding the K-1 and K-3 Visas ... and then an additional six-months from start to finish regarding the adjustment of status ...

K-1 VISA
08-05-06 - Married in Sycamore IL

AOS / EAD
08-24-06 - AOS/EAD mail to Chicago (Day 1)

11-06-06 - GC & Welcome Letter arrive in Mail (Day 75)

I-751
09-23-08 - Sent Package via USPS (Day 1)
01-02-09 - Received GC in mail (with wrong Resident Since date) (Day 101)

My K1 visa processing took 3 months

My AOS is approved in 3 months also

I think I am lucky (L)

June 15 : AOS package mailed in

June 18 : Package arrived

June 22 : NOA1

June 26 : Touched

June 28 : Touched

July 08 : RFE received

July 10 : RFE mailed in

July 14 : RFE arrived

July 25 : Biometric

August 24 : Case transferred to CSC

August 26 : Touched

August 30 : Touched/Case received by CSC

August 31 : Touched

Sept 01 : Touched

Sept 07 : Touched

Sept 15 : AOS APPROVED!!! Got email saying welcome notice is mailed

Sept 17 : Touched

Sept 20 : Touched, got email saying that the case has been approved

Sept 21 : Touched

Sept 21 : Greencard received!!!!!

July 12 : I-751 application sent to CSC

July 16 : Check cashed

July 18 : NOA1 received

July 24 : Biometric appointment letter received

August 8 : Biometric appointment

August 8 : Touched

August 9 : Touched

August 12 : Touched

Dec 09 : Approved

JTNp.jpg.png

Filed: Other Timeline
My K1 visa processing took 3 months

My AOS is approved in 3 months also

I think I am lucky (L)

I've read many fast AOS approvals in this forum and other forums lately, my case included. So, there is a little bit of hope for those in the process of applying and/or waiting.

Our timeline:

July 5, 2006 mailed the AOS application

July 11, 2006 received NOA

September 12, 2006 interview and approval

It took about **62 days** from the NOA to LPR approval, which is surprisingly fast.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.