Sophie & Nate

Affadavit of support Info.

5 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Hey everyone

I have my interview scheduled for 13th September. I sent off my affidavit of support because one of the forms said it was required. I am also going to take a copy of it to my interview it says it is needed. I am worried that we will have problems!! My fiance earns just over the minimum requirement because he is now a student and only works a few hours a week for now....he was in the military and receives veteran benefits,he has his own house and also has a large amount of savings. He is planning on returning to the military when he finishes his degree next year. I am planning to apply for a work permit as soon as I'm over there too so I can work. We have his past 3yrs tax returns and a list of his assets.

I am just worried that they will be funny because he is student and not working a great deal. Do you think this will be a problem, I'm kind of worried because we are so close :)

If his income is over the minimum requirement then he is fine :-) Plus he has savings so it becomes even more obvious that he meets the requirement :-) There are no extra requirements beyond the basic ones. That is, if you meet the requirement then it really does not matter about anything else! They don't go, "oh he earns enough but he's a student and hmm I don't know..."

In addition to the tax returns and proof of assets, make sure you have proof of his current wage from his employer and proof of his monthly veteran benefits.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Thailand
Timeline

If anything, him being a student should make it better because then they know that he is trying to further his education so he can get a better pay.

I totally understand. I'm the petitioner, and I just barely make the requirements and his country doesn't allow co-sponsors. :( It's tough

ฉันรักคุณ
K-1
Filed May 2011
116 days to NOA2
4 days for the NVC
74 days to the interview
Interview date: 12/14/11 APPROVED!
POE: 12/16/11
Total days from NOA1 to K-1 Visa in hand: 202
Wedding Date: 12/27/11

AOS
Sent AOS: 4/21/12
NOA1: 4/30/12
RFE: 5/14/12
Biometrics App.: 5/21/12
Sent RFE Response: 5/31/12
Interview: 7/24/12
Approval: 10/12/12

Currently.... they have issued Ice the incorrect GC and we have tried 4 times to fix it. First time they had us send it to the incorrect address. Second time they said we used an expired form, which was the form they gave us. Third time was "oh sorry we lost the last page, can you send it again?." Fourth time is the gov is shut down. Will this ever be corrected in time for Ice to get the permanent GC? Stay tuned to find out. T_T

Timeline

If anything, him being a student should make it better because then they know that he is trying to further his education so he can get a better pay.

I totally understand. I'm the petitioner, and I just barely make the requirements and his country doesn't allow co-sponsors. :( It's tough

Thankyou....its good to know other people are in the same boat

Timeline

If his income is over the minimum requirement then he is fine :-) Plus he has savings so it becomes even more obvious that he meets the requirement :-) There are no extra requirements beyond the basic ones. That is, if you meet the requirement then it really does not matter about anything else! They don't go, "oh he earns enough but he's a student and hmm I don't know..."

In addition to the tax returns and proof of assets, make sure you have proof of his current wage from his employer and proof of his monthly veteran benefits.

I know I will include as much as I can. My fiance thinks it'll all be fine because he makes over the requirement but after reading someone else's experience it made me worry. I just hope it'll be ok.......Thankyou for your input you've helped to my mind at ease :)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.