ignacio

how long does it take to get police certificate?

7 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Hellow everyone....how long does it take to obtain a police certificate in ukraine? She is going to need to get 2, 1 for 2 different cities and was wondering if she was going to have to go to each city or if there was a place in ukraine where she can go get both in same place? Last question is does it get mailed to her or does she pick up when its ready? Thanks for any replies.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Hellow everyone....how long does it take to obtain a police certificate in ukraine? She is going to need to get 2, 1 for 2 different cities and was wondering if she was going to have to go to each city or if there was a place in ukraine where she can go get both in same place? Last question is does it get mailed to her or does she pick up when its ready? Thanks for any replies.

She only needs one police certificate, from Ukraine. Ours took 3 weeks in Donetsk. Plan on 30 days or so. The police certificate is valid for 1 year regardless of what it syays on the certificate itself. She can get the only certificate she needs from Ukraine in the city where she now lives. We picked ours up, I am not sure if they will mail them or not.

Edited by Gary and Alla

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Thanks guys....every where I look it says "police certificate from each city you have lived in for 6months since the age of 16"..has it changed to only 1 certificate for entire time she's lived there?

I have never seen ANYthing that said "from each city" It is from each COUNTRY.

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Gary and Alla must be right..because at the interview they asked me twice if I have lived in any other country besides Ukraine and US for more than one year..and if I did i would have to present a police certificate from that country...and I also kind of think MVD (miliziya where you get the certificate) go by your "propiska"..not sure though..I did 2 police certificates, 1 in february (12 days - had to pay extra) and 1 in July (5 days - 65 grivnas) just to be sure they wouldnt send me for an updated one...

Filed: Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Thanks again guys...I do have another question about police certificate...what do they mean by finger prints? Or does kyiv embassy not require finger prints with the police certificate? A lot of times I feel like I ask dumb questions but I hate to mess something up and have process delayed and add more time to the already looooonnnng time it takes to apply for visa. Thanks again.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.