Fordnut74

Expedite Requested, Approved next day!

3 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ethiopia
Timeline

On August 5, 2011, we mailed you a notice that we have approved this I129F PETITION FOR FIANCE(E). NOA1 to NOA2 = 51 days.

I think I may have to Frame those words. I can't believe it was approved, and so quickly!! I am in the Navy and stationed in the Horn of Africa where I met my Fiance while serving in Ethiopia. Time has come for me to go home after a year here, so I called to check the status of our I-129F, and at the same time did an Expedite request citing that I am military and will be sent home in less then 2 weeks. Next day it was approved!! I am SOOOO excited!!. There is a lot more to this story that is not appropriate to post here that makes the taste of those words even sweeter.

I have not posted much, but have read a LOT. I can't thank everyone here enough for your help, guides, resources and everything. Without VJ I am positive the application process would not have gone near as smoothly. Now for the big challenge- The Consulate and Visa.

I have read the guides, but what is next? A few questions-

1. I see interview dates that are 1 month from NOA2, and some that are 5 months after NOA2. Why such a big difference?

2. Original Paperwork to fiance? I have sent electronic copies of all the forms and letters(letter of intent, how we met, etc) but what else should I send? My birth certificate? Divorce Paper?

3. What is in the package that they send to the US citizen? Is there any action I need to take? I will be here another 12 days, then processing in US away from home for another couple weeks.

I am sure I will have more, but right now I am too happy to think much.

June 16, 2011........ NOA1 Received

August 4, 2011....... Expedite requested by Phone

August 5, 2011....... On August 5, 2011, we mailed you a notice that we have approved this I129F PETITION FOR FIANCE(E) (NOA2)

August 9, 2011....... NVC case number!

August 15, 2011...... Consulate Rcvd

October 25, 2011..... Interview Scheduled

December 04, 2011.... Fiance Arrived in Portland OR, Via NYC

December 14, 2011.... Married!! Yeah

February 17, 2011.... USCIS RCVD I-485 and I-765

March ............... Recieved RFE for financial support

May 21, 2012......... Work Permit shows up.

January 15, 2013......Green Card Received Done!!!!

On August 5, 2011, we mailed you a notice that we have approved this I129F PETITION FOR FIANCE(E). NOA1 to NOA2 = 51 days.

I think I may have to Frame those words. I can't believe it was approved, and so quickly!! I am in the Navy and stationed in the Horn of Africa where I met my Fiance while serving in Ethiopia. Time has come for me to go home after a year here, so I called to check the status of our I-129F, and at the same time did an Expedite request citing that I am military and will be sent home in less then 2 weeks. Next day it was approved!! I am SOOOO excited!!. There is a lot more to this story that is not appropriate to post here that makes the taste of those words even sweeter.

I have not posted much, but have read a LOT. I can't thank everyone here enough for your help, guides, resources and everything. Without VJ I am positive the application process would not have gone near as smoothly. Now for the big challenge- The Consulate and Visa.

I have read the guides, but what is next? A few questions-

1. I see interview dates that are 1 month from NOA2, and some that are 5 months after NOA2. Why such a big difference?

2. Original Paperwork to fiance? I have sent electronic copies of all the forms and letters(letter of intent, how we met, etc) but what else should I send? My birth certificate? Divorce Paper?

3. What is in the package that they send to the US citizen? Is there any action I need to take? I will be here another 12 days, then processing in US away from home for another couple weeks.

I am sure I will have more, but right now I am too happy to think much.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.