Amanka

Quick question Juarez consulate

7 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

Hi My fiancee finally has her interview August 19 at Ciudad Juarez. The problem is that I don't have invitation letter because I called Juarez consulate and they told me to go ahead and make an appointment I can get invitation letter at the consulate. I read in places that this Is possible just needed some reassurance Thanks! :\

2-24-11 Sent 129F

3-01-11 129F Received

3-03-11 NOA1

3-07-11 NOA1 hard copy received

Timeline

i thought you need your invitation letter from the consulate before you can schedule your appointment i didnt know you could get it at the consulate. Your fiancee is going to need it at the CAS appointment

[*]june2009: met online

[*]july 28 2009: start dating

[*]october 09 2009: met in person

[*]oct 11 2009:he proposed :D i know crazy lol

[*]october 28 2009: deployment to iraq :(

[*]november 05 2010: visit to mexico for 20 days :D

[*]november 25 2010: last time i hold him :(

[*]january 18 2011: k-1 sent

[*]feb 09 2011:NOA1

[*]june 03 2011: NOA2 :D

[*]july 1st 2011: packet 3 yayy

[*]august 18 2011: interview! hoping for the best

[*]august 18 2011: APROVED :D

[*]sepyember 3 2011: POE

[*]september 6 2011: marriage yayy

jXxLm5.png

Timeline

some people have reported being able to get the letter printed out at the consulate information booth. She can try doing that, or if you want to be extra safe, you can reschedule the appointment for a later date, and give the letter some time to show up in the mail. Our letter only took like 3 weeks after the embassy received our packet from NVC.

You can call up the embassy and ask if they've sent out your letter yet, that might be able to give you some kind of indication of when it will arrive :)

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

I had absolutely no cooperati0on from the embassy as to arranging for an appointment or even getting it scanned and sent to me via e-mail. I have been told repeatedly to wait the full month and then call if I have not received the packet 3 letter. This Thursday marks a monthsince it's supposedly been sent. I hope you could find a better way to obtain the letter and please do keep me posted as i will when i obtain mine.

Quick question: How were you able to set the appointment with just the CDJ number ?

Efra

Jan 18 2011 => I-129F sent

Jan 26 2011 => E-Notification & Text Message received

Jan 26 2011 => Check cashed

Jan 31 2011 => NOA1 Hard Copy Received dated 1/25/2011

May 18 2011 => E-Mail RFE Notification

May 23 2011 => RFE Hard copy Received

May 24 2011 => Mailed RFE back to CSC

May 25 2011 => CSC e-mailed confirming RFE reply accepted. Awaiting decision.....

Jun 01 2011 => E-Mailed NOA2 Approval

Jun 06 2011 => NOA2 Hard copy received in mail

Jun 16 2011 => NVC Received Petition

Jun 17 2011 => NVC Sent Petition to CDJ

Jul 11 2011 => SUPPOSEDLY CDJ SENT PKT 3

Aug 11 2011 => NEVER RECEIVED PKT 3 and finally CDJ asnwered questions to proceed with making Consulate Appt

Aug 23 2011 => INTERVIEW DATE. Never told we were approved. Had to wait for decision from DHL Package!

Aug 30 2011 => Received DHL Package. Found we were aproved!!!

Sep 02 2011 => POE CDJ

Sep 04 2011 => My Babe is home at last!!!

Sep 2011 => Wedding

" Con Amor todo se Puede! "

Eff Y Ros por Siempre!!

Timeline

I had absolutely no cooperati0on from the embassy as to arranging for an appointment or even getting it scanned and sent to me via e-mail. I have been told repeatedly to wait the full month and then call if I have not received the packet 3 letter. This Thursday marks a monthsince it's supposedly been sent. I hope you could find a better way to obtain the letter and please do keep me posted as i will when i obtain mine.

Quick question: How were you able to set the appointment with just the CDJ number ?

Efra

Really? The lady that answered my call was very friendly and helpful she told me to go ahead and get everything ready that its normal for the letter not to arrive with the mail system not being that reliable in Mexico. I called NVC and they gave me the Beneficiary ID and Invoice #. Well i recieved the letter from Juarez today nothing special just links to websites to make and appointment.

2-24-11 Sent 129F

3-01-11 129F Received

3-03-11 NOA1

Timeline

Thanks Everyone for the replies but i feel better now that i have received the letter it took about two weeks and a half to arrive. I'm Excited :D

2-24-11 Sent 129F

3-01-11 129F Received

3-03-11 NOA1

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.