andie_dan

NVC sais USCIS typo-error

5 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hello VJ Members!!!

Were just confused. Any on here on VJ experienced this. We received our NOA2 last July 5, 2011 and just yesterday August 3, 2011 my fiance called NVC to asked if we already have our case number and the agent told him that we already have the case number but he cant give him the info because the date of birth that my fiance gave to him didn't match with their record from USCIS. So my fiance ask him why does it happen because he's sure that he filled up the petition before with the right date of his date of birth and the agent told him that maybe it was the USCIS that has a typo-error so they asked again my fiance to mail them a copy of his birth certificate and a biographic page of his passport and a request letter for change of date of birth. My question now is what will happen on our first CASE NUMBER because the agent told him that they already mailed him the hard copy of it. If are we going to have his date of birth change into the correct one, are they going to change also our old case number because Im already planning to have my medical done if we got the mail containing our case number but were confused now. And how long does the process usually takes? Thanks for the responses.

Filed: Timeline

Hello VJ Members!!!

Were just confused. Any on here on VJ experienced this. We received our NOA2 last July 5, 2011 and just yesterday August 3, 2011 my fiance called NVC to asked if we already have our case number and the agent told him that we already have the case number but he cant give him the info because the date of birth that my fiance gave to him didn't match with their record from USCIS. So my fiance ask him why does it happen because he's sure that he filled up the petition before with the right date of his date of birth and the agent told him that maybe it was the USCIS that has a typo-error so they asked again my fiance to mail them a copy of his birth certificate and a biographic page of his passport and a request letter for change of date of birth. My question now is what will happen on our first CASE NUMBER because the agent told him that they already mailed him the hard copy of it. If are we going to have his date of birth change into the correct one, are they going to change also our old case number because Im already planning to have my medical done if we got the mail containing our case number but were confused now. And how long does the process usually takes? Thanks for the responses.

same thing with ours, we emailed them asking our case number after a few days they replied containing our case number but a wrong middle name of the petitioner , we called NVC to confirm if it was a typo error or its really in the system we found out it was really wrong , so the operator asked us the same papers together with the request letter for change .. after we mailed it out we called NVC for confirmation if they receive the request the operator advice us to call after 20 working days but good thing is after 2 weeks we got a letter from NVC containing same case number and a right middle name ..after you mailed out the papers needed take time to wait for their response for you to know if things are all ok..goodluck..

F2A JOURNEY (SPOUSE)

USCIS

2-07-2011 I-130 SENT

2-18-2011 NOTICE OF ACTION 1

3-07-2011 TOUCHED

5-23-2011 NOTICE OF ACTION 2

5-28-2011 NOTICE OF ACTION 2(HARDCOPY)

NATIONAL VISA CENTER

6-10-2011 CASE NUMBER ASSIGNED

3-21-2012 RECEIVED DS-3032 (CHOICE OF AGENT)

3-21-2012 RECEIVED AOS FEE BILL

3-21-2012 SEND CHOICE OF AGENT (E-MAIL)

3-22-2012 PAID AFFIDAVIT OF SUPPORT

3-27-2012 SEND AFFIDAVIT OF SUPPORT

3-28-2012 RECEIVED IV FEE BILL

3-29-2012 PAID IMMIGRANT VISA

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

same thing with ours, we emailed them asking our case number after a few days they replied containing our case number but a wrong middle name of the petitioner , we called NVC to confirm if it was a typo error or its really in the system we found out it was really wrong , so the operator asked us the same papers together with the request letter for change .. after we mailed it out we called NVC for confirmation if they receive the request the operator advice us to call after 20 working days but good thing is after 2 weeks we got a letter from NVC containing same case number and a right middle name ..after you mailed out the papers needed take time to wait for their response for you to know if things are all ok..goodluck..

Thanks for the reply cazy888. We already get a reply from NVC containing our case number through email but the date of birth of the petitioner was not included there so that makes us confused because I wrote the correct bday of the petitioner that they said did match with there record on their system when called them. So maybe I'll just do what u did, will call again the NVC to make sure, then will just send to them the papers that they need if the petitioners day really did not match. Thanks again. :)

• 1 year later...
Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

hi Crazy888.. just want to ask coz we also got a typo error.. we already got the NOA2 and was calling NVC..unfortunately my fiance's mom wrote the wrong month of my birthdate on the I-129 form.. we sent them a letter of correction and corrected copy of the form including my passport copy. The question is DO WE NEED TO INCLUDE THE USCIS RECEIPT NO? The mail was already sent and only the both of our date of birth are indicated in the letter.. Is this okay? Also the service agent said only said that we only need to send them a copy of my passport. Please help me on this...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.