raj1975

Mumbai/Chennai/Delhi/Hyderabad - medical exam experiences IR1 & CR1

14 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

This is to share your medical exam/physical exam experience here so those who are planning to take know what to expect in a medical/physical exam. Post as much details as possible including the location of the hospital, doctor etc that will be of help for people who are planning to take medical exam.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: India
Timeline

2x2 I believe but you can check with the hospital. post your updates once you are done with the medical.

The photo requirements are same throughout the process - http://travel.state.gov/visa/visaphotoreq/visaphotoreq_5334.html#immigrant

USA

01/08/13 - Approved and GC is order for production on 1/8/14

09/12/13 - Case transferred to CSC. NOA2 received on 09/18/13

08/30/13 - Biometrics Done - No walk ins allowed at this LSC (received on 8/16/13).

08/05/13 - NOA1 (received on 08/10/13)

08/01/13 - Mailed I-751 (received on 8/2/13 - check cashed on 8/5/13)

12/28/11 - Received SSN (applied on 12/20/11, as we didn't get based on DS-230 options)
11/28/11 - Received Green Card (Expires on 10/30/13) - Welcome Letter on 11/17/11
10/30/11 - POE - Houston, TX

Chennai Consulate (40 days)
10/28/11 - Received Visa papers and Passport at VFS
10/25/11 - Interview Cleared Successfully (Spouse was not allowed in)

NVC: (90 days from NOA2 to Consulate)
08/31/11 - Case Completed (Interview 10/25/11) - Received at Chennai on 09/19/11
07/22/11 - NVC Case Number

USCIS: (92 days)

6/21/11 - NOA2 (NOA1 on 3/25/11) - took a month to get to NVC
3/21/11 - I-130 sent to USCIS Lockbox, Chicago.

Timeline

This is to share your medical exam/physical exam experience here so those who are planning to take know what to expect in a medical/physical exam. Post as much details as possible including the location of the hospital, doctor etc that will be of help for people who are planning to take medical exam.

My NVC case status has been updated to "Complete" as of Aug 1st and currently waiting for Interview date at US Consulate at Mumbai. Could I go ahead and schedule the medical test now Or Do I need to wait for Interview Date & Letter before I can make an appointment for the medical test.

Timeline

My NVC case status has been updated to "Complete" as of Aug 1st and currently waiting for Interview date at US Consulate at Mumbai. Could I go ahead and schedule the medical test now Or Do I need to wait for Interview Date & Letter before I can make an appointment for the medical test.

When were your DS-230/ I-864 reach NVC last! Mine reached last on 8/03 and I am trying to estimate my case completion time. All the best with your Mumbai Interview - We had to Chennai.

anybody from hyderabad?

Yes, from Hyderabad - will go to Chennai consulate.

USA

08/30/13 - Biometrics Done - No walk ins allowed at this LSC (received on 8/16/13).

12/28/11 - Received SSN (applied on 12/20/11, as we didn't get based on DS-230 options)
11/28/11 - Received Green Card (Expires on 10/30/13) - Welcome Letter on 11/17/11

08/31/11 - Case Completed (Interview 10/25/11) - Received at Chennai on 09/19/11

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: India
Timeline

I bookmarked this link a while back. It should come to use for some of you...

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/280896-medical-exam-in-gujaratindia/

USCIS- (77 Days)
I-130 Sent : 04-05-2011
I-130 NOA1 : 04-08-2011
I-130 NOA2 : 06-24-2011

NVC- (29 Days)
NVC Received : 07-25-2011

NVC Case Closed: 08-23-2011
Medical/VFS/Interview
Interview Date Recieved: 09-02-2011
Medical Completed: 09-16-2011
VFS Fees Paid and Documents Submitted: 10-21-2011
Interview: 11-10-2011

Interview Status: Approved
Visa In Hand: 11-10-2011

USA

P.O.E- Chicago, IL: 12-16-11
Recieved Welcome Letter: 01-03-2012
Received Green Card: 01-19-2012
Re-applied for SSN: 01-23-2012
Received SSN: 01-27-2012

Apply for Removal of Conditions: 09-17-13

ROC- (112 Days)

I-751 Sent (CSC): 11-22-13

Check Cashed: 11-27-13

I-751 NOA1: 11-30-13

Biometrics: 12-23-13
Case Status: Approved
Green Card Issued: 3-14-14

Green Card In Hand: 3-20-14

CITIZENSHIP

Apply For N-400: 1-28-15

Check Cashed: 02-5-15

NOA: 02-11-15

Biometrics: 03-2-15

In Line Interview: 06-10-15

Interview: 07-20-15

Interview Status: Approved

Oath Ceremony: 08-20-15

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Raj why don't you update your country?

Anyhow my wife called both lilavati hospital for medical and got medical scheduled for the 7th of september. She also called VFS to inquire about fees. They asked her to submit her medical and passport to them anytime before the interview.

Should she submit her passport to them ahead of time or not as she might need that to enter the building? She has a driving license for ID purpose.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Anyhow my wife called both lilavati hospital for medical and got medical scheduled for the 7th of september. She also called VFS to inquire about fees. They asked her to submit her medical and passport to them anytime before the interview.

Should she submit her passport to them ahead of time or not as she might need that to enter the building? She has a driving license for ID purpose.

Hi there,

You don't have to summite passport at VSF office. You can just summite photocopy of your passport, and others documents.

I m just little confuse about VSF office. Do we have to go at VSF office to summite documents and fees or just we can send through courier? I wondering if i can get VSF contact information from you.

Thank you and Good luck.

Filed: Other Country: India
Timeline

Don't you need passport at the time of the consulate interview?

Filed: Other Country: India
Timeline

http://www.vfs-usa.co.in/usindia/ivmumbai.html

See here

on receiving the appointment package “Packet 4”.

Step 1 :

Visit the visa application centre no earlier than 10 working days and no less than 4 working days before the scheduled interview appointment. Applicant must submit all the documents to VFS as specified in the “Appointment package” or “ Packet 4” (those which pertain to your case) on any working day between 8am to 1pm & 2pm-3pm (Monday through Friday excluding holidays observed by the VFS centers in Western India. Applicants submitting at the VFS centre in Kolkata, please check the respective holiday list of the VFS centre in Kolkata.

Please note: Failure to submit documents to VFS at least 4 working days prior to your interview may result in loss of interview date. Applicants submitting documents to Kolkata application centre must do so at least 7 working days in advance.

Step 2 :

Pay the VFS logistic fee of Rs. 387/- (inclusive of Service Tax @ 10% and Education Cess Tax @0.30%) per applicant in cash at the VFS application centre. You will be issued a receipt for the same.

Step 3 :

Report to the Mumbai Consulate on the day and time your interview is scheduled. You need to bring in your original passport, your VFS Logistics fee receipt along with the receipt listing the documents submitted to VFS and your original appointment letter. Please do not bring any prohibited items to the consulate because you will not be allowed to enter. Optionally you may use the services of the Star and Stripes Lounge.

Step 4 :

All successful applicants will have their passport couriered to them at their residence address as mentioned on the form DS-230. Alternatively you may also collect your passport across the counter (Counter Passport Collection) from the Mumbai application center on the day VFS received the Passport

Timeline

http://www.vfs-usa.c...a/ivmumbai.html

See here

on receiving the appointment package "Packet 4".

Step 1 :

Visit the visa application centre no earlier than 10 working days and no less than 4 working days before the scheduled interview appointment. Applicant must submit all the documents to VFS as specified in the "Appointment package" or " Packet 4" (those which pertain to your case) on any working day between 8am to 1pm & 2pm-3pm (Monday through Friday excluding holidays observed by the VFS centers in Western India. Applicants submitting at the VFS centre in Kolkata, please check the respective holiday list of the VFS centre in Kolkata.

Please note: Failure to submit documents to VFS at least 4 working days prior to your interview may result in loss of interview date. Applicants submitting documents to Kolkata application centre must do so at least 7 working days in advance.

Step 2 :

Pay the VFS logistic fee of Rs. 387/- (inclusive of Service Tax @ 10% and Education Cess Tax @0.30%) per applicant in cash at the VFS application centre. You will be issued a receipt for the same.

Step 3 :

Report to the Mumbai Consulate on the day and time your interview is scheduled. You need to bring in your original passport, your VFS Logistics fee receipt along with the receipt listing the documents submitted to VFS and your original appointment letter. Please do not bring any prohibited items to the consulate because you will not be allowed to enter. Optionally you may use the services of the Star and Stripes Lounge.

Step 4 :

All successful applicants will have their passport couriered to them at their residence address as mentioned on the form DS-230. Alternatively you may also collect your passport across the counter (Counter Passport Collection) from the Mumbai application center on the day VFS received the Passport

Good info. Because you don't have timeline entered, I have no idea about your status. I would like to hear from someone who got interview letter with details of paying/ submitting at VFS. VFS is still has been a mistery, as different information from web sites is provided. More over it could be different for each Consulate in India.

Here is the twist - if you are in Hyderabad, where there is a VFS and your interview is going to be in Chennai, which VFS needs to be contacted - logically it sound Chennai but would like hear from past experienced guys.

Thanks.

USA

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.