tobey

Interview tomorrow!! Last minute crazies!

7 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Israel
Timeline

Hey guys, my fiance will have his interview at the Jerusalem embassy in 12 hours! He is now worried about not having any medical records for AOS. His medical file from the medical interview is all in a sealed envelope and he is not sure if he is supposed to have any copies and get any forms back to save for AOS. We don't even know which forms are in the envelope but I'm guessing it is the DS 3025... so how does he get access to this form or does the envelope remain sealed for officers eyes only?

Also, we have tax transcripts from the IRS from the last 3 years for both the sponsor and co-sponsors. The embassy in their instructions often mentions 1040 and W2. We have 1040 and W2 for just the last 2 years. I told him to first hand in all the tax transcripts and to have the 1040 and W2 for emergency but should we be ok with just the transcripts?

Thank you all & Good luck to everyone! I have already begun my sleepless nights :/

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

Hey guys, my fiance will have his interview at the Jerusalem embassy in 12 hours! He is now worried about not having any medical records for AOS. His medical file from the medical interview is all in a sealed envelope and he is not sure if he is supposed to have any copies and get any forms back to save for AOS. We don't even know which forms are in the envelope but I'm guessing it is the DS 3025... so how does he get access to this form or does the envelope remain sealed for officers eyes only?

Also, we have tax transcripts from the IRS from the last 3 years for both the sponsor and co-sponsors. The embassy in their instructions often mentions 1040 and W2. We have 1040 and W2 for just the last 2 years. I told him to first hand in all the tax transcripts and to have the 1040 and W2 for emergency but should we be ok with just the transcripts?

Thank you all & Good luck to everyone! I have already begun my sleepless nights :/

He will hand that sealed envelope in to CO at entry to USA. That then gets sent on to USCIS and then when you apply for AOS they already have it but the DS3025 he needs to get a copy of from the doc that did his medical and have that when he gets here in case it gets lost at USCIS level here.

Divorced !st November 2012.

Married only 2 years 1 month

Timeline

He will hand that sealed envelope in to CO at entry to USA. That then gets sent on to USCIS and then when you apply for AOS they already have it but the DS3025 he needs to get a copy of from the doc that did his medical and have that when he gets here in case it gets lost at USCIS level here.

Thank you for your response. At his medical interview, he was told that he does not receive copies of any documents, rather they are all in the envelope. The dr said he has all the forms ready for him already (we dont even know what forms he filled out or what he wrote). The doctor was a little to laid back- even for vaccinations he did not have a record, all he asked my fiance was if he was in the army. To which my fiance said yes and the dr responded "you're good then". I hope this doesn't bite us in the butt. My fiance is however getting some of the shots he is missing (Hep. A & B) at his local dr office currently.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

Thank you for your response. At his medical interview, he was told that he does not receive copies of any documents, rather they are all in the envelope. The dr said he has all the forms ready for him already (we dont even know what forms he filled out or what he wrote). The doctor was a little to laid back- even for vaccinations he did not have a record, all he asked my fiance was if he was in the army. To which my fiance said yes and the dr responded "you're good then". I hope this doesn't bite us in the butt. My fiance is however getting some of the shots he is missing (Hep. A & B) at his local dr office currently.

No no he wont get any documents but at his interview after he is finished and he is approved he will get visa sent to him yes in the mail? with that he should receive a sealed envelope and he carries that with him on plane to the US and hands it over at POE.

But by all accounts the doc should have filled in a DS3025 regardless if he has been in the army or not.

Edited by Barbara J

Divorced !st November 2012.

Married only 2 years 1 month

Timeline

Thanks for clearing it for me! So the sealed envelope has the medical records, hopefully they will not get lost. I just couldn't understand how the 3025 could even been filled out when my fiance does not have vaccination records at all and didn't have a titer done. I was guessing that the dr checked off that he has all vaccines bc they may be required to serve.

Timeline

Don't worry about the tax forms either - we brought three years worth but the only asked for one year. I know what it's like to be nervous before the interview, but we brought so much stuff that they didn't even ask for, and if they don't specifically ask for it, they won't even see it.

09/02/10 Mailed I-129F

09/07/10 NOA1

03/17/11 NOA2 approved

06/06/11 Interview. Visa approved. Told we'll get visa in 7-10 days. Lies.

07/12/11 Visa in hand

07/15/11 Arrival in the U.S.

07/21/11 Marriage

07/28/11 Mailed I-485

08/03/11 NOA for I-485

08/29/11 Biometrics

10/17/11 Greencard interview. Approved.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.