MatthewNCarolina

Gathering for her interview

1 post in this topic

Hey all. Our fiancee petition was approved on July 5th, notice date of July 5th (2011). We are both anxiously waiting for our petition to go through NVC and onto her embassy in Brazil. I've been calling NVC for weeks now. Today is 15 business days since July 5th, and I plan to call again this evening. I'll be glad to here when the petition is there, and new case number assigned. This second wait is driving us crazy. It's driving her more crazy than it is me, because she's READY to go. I can't blame her. Anyway, I plan to fly to Brazil with her to attend the interview.

Since I'm doing this, and I can print chat history/emails/etc. easier than she can.. I'm going to print our additional photos of us together,from the second stay together in her country. I'm at the stage of gathering everything that's needed. I have about 30 pay stubs from about 2008 to now. Since my father is my employer, he's working on producing a letter of employment, with my position, salary, and all that other stuff. I have a few questions... let's see if I can keep from being confusing.

I have my 2010 tax return papers. What forms should I take to the interview for her? Is it w2's only, or more? I also have my 2009 papers. I have the 2008 somewhere too, I just have to figure out where I put it lol. Is 2009 and 2010 enough?

Also, I'm pretty sure I am okay alone with the affidavit of support. More recently, in 2011 I got put on salary pay. I make a fixed amount of money every week. However, in 2010 and previous years... I would have time off from work without collecting unemployment. Which is probably stupid but I still live at home and I could afford to just "not work" and not get pay. Economy is tough and sometimes I think it just helps my dad to not get paid. So what I'm saying is, my annual income for 2010 might not quite reach the 125% above poverty level, on the tax returns. In 2011, it definitely will. Can somebody give me an updated national poverty level number?

I originally, beacuse my father is willing, was going to have him co-sponsor, either way. To be safe. Is this okay?

I want to make sure I do it all right, with what I have. I don't want to be the cause for a delay at the interview, or god forbid, a denial, over something simple. My pay stubs for the last several months show my salary pay for 40 hours... Can they consider that? Hell, I know that some people don't even have this stuff looked at, surprisingly. Anyway, any input is greatly appreciated.

Also, if I am to go the "tax transcript" route... Can anyone be specific on how to order/order the right form that is sufficient? And if I want to order transcrips from 2008, 2009, 2010... would they be ordered seperately?

Thanks so much for any advice.

Matt

03/17/2011- Mailed K1 petition

03/25/2011- Email and text NOA1, routed to VSC

03/25/2011- Check cashed

07/05/2011- NOA2, USCIS website, text and email!
10/04/2011- Interview, APPROVED!
10/23/2011- POE - Dulles
11/08/2011- WEDDING!
11/15/2011- Applied for SSN
01/18/2012- AOS package sent
01/24/2012- NOA1 for AOS, EAD & AP
01/25/2012- Check cashed for AOS
02/16/2012- AOS & EAD biometrics
02/13/2012- AOS case transferred to CSC
02/21/2012- AOS application received at CSC
03/15/2012- EAD/AP cards approved
03/26/2012- EAD/AP combo card received
07/30/2012- Service Request on AOS, past 6 months mark...
08/28/2012- Ombudsman & Senator contacted, past 7 months mark...
09/04/2012- AOS Approved!
09/10/2012- GC in hand!

08/13/2014- Mailed I-751(ROC) package to VSC

08/15/2014- Delivered

08/18/2014- NOA1/Letter of Extension

08/20/2014- Check cashed

09/17/2014- Biometrics

02/18/2015- Card Production Ordered/ Approved!

ejXGm5.pngSDeHm4.png

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Be fierce! Be consistent, know no bounds, take pleasure in the little things, make love your sole focus, don't submit until you have absolutely no way out........

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.