Panda_T

Original DOcuments & DS-230 & Others

27 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-5 Country: China
Timeline

Hi, dear all,

------------- Apply IR5 for mom, GUZ NVC Electric Processing, still waiting for NVC case number

I just want to prepare something while waiting.

1: My mom has been US in 2001 and extend visa once, in this case when submit DS-230 package, do I need to submit the photocopy of the extension approval form with it?

2: Does my mom has to bring DS-230 (the original one she signed) and Package 3 Supplement Sheet ( the one she signed) with her in interview?

3: I will submit all the copies of original certificates to NVC by email, in this case if I want to get all the original certificates back after interview, does my mom need to bring all the copies of all the original certificates to get them back after interview?

4: Do she need appointment to make medical examination? how many dates does she need to be in Guangzhou before interview date? Does she need to bring something else except passport and 4 picture with her to do medical examination?

5: What about if there is no vaccination record for my mom? Is vaccination included in medical exammination or separate? If separate, should do vaccination before or after medical examination?

a lots of questions, thanks ahead.

Timeline

My mom worked and lives in Chongqing.

After she retired, she came to Beijing and lived with us for 2~ 3 year before 1997, in this case, does she also need police certificate in Beijing? She already has one from Chongqing police station.

Thanks again.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

Hi, dear all,

------------- Apply IR5 for mom, GUZ NVC Electric Processing, still waiting for NVC case number

I just want to prepare something while waiting.

1: My mom has been US in 2001 and extend visa once, in this case when submit DS-230 package, do I need to submit the photocopy of the extension approval form with it? yes, though it is in the passport, right?

2: Does my mom has to bring DS-230 (the original one she signed) and Package 3 Supplement Sheet ( the one she signed) with her in interview? yes

3: I will submit all the copies of original certificates to NVC by email, in this case if I want to get all the original certificates back after interview, does my mom need to bring all the copies of all the original certificates to get them back after interview?

they will keep the police clearance certificate, suggest she bring in photocopies of birth certificate with the original, they will return original b/c.

4: Do she need appointment to make medical examination? how many dates does she need to be in Guangzhou before interview date? Does she need to bring something else except passport and 4 picture with her to do medical examination?

in general, no. suggest 3 to 4. interview letter (which both of you will receive via email, later, soonish)

5: What about if there is no vaccination record for my mom? Is vaccination included in medical exammination or separate? If separate, should do vaccination before or after medical examination?

depends on which place you go - one does it there, another has shuttle service to the vac place

a lots of questions, thanks ahead.

6: After she retired, she came to Beijing and lived with us for 2~ 3 year before 1997, in this case, does she also need police certificate in Beijing? She already has one from Chongqing police station. no, one police clearance certificate covers all of China.

7: I saw she also need Evidence of financial support (e.g. Affidavit of Support, a notarized offer of employment, or evidence of assets), right? she needs your original I-864 with your original signature, plus all tax docs, plus plus, the originals (tax transcripts are fine for most)

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Timeline

Darnell,

Thank you so much for your quick reply.

For question 7: So I need to mail original I-864 back to my mom, right?

Since I also need to email tax return , W-2 form and 1099 form with I-864, can I just mail them the copies of all these documents or must mail them the originals?

Timeline

i suggest originals, strongly, for I-864 and it's collection of supporting evidence.

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Timeline

i suggest originals, strongly, for I-864 and it's collection of supporting evidence.

Thanks Darnell.

I-864 form and W-2 are original, but for 1040 form, the original is sent to IRS, we only have copy, right? also not everybody has 1099 form, right?

I am the sponsor, when fill it I-864 #23 and #24, I only fill in my salary (enough for petition), but my husband and I use joint tax, so which number (in which line) in 1040 form should be used for #25?

very appreciate your help.

Timeline

ah - splitting joint filers info, showing amounts on the I-864, that's beyond me, alas.

for other stuff - if you aren't using tax transcripts from IRS, then you have to furnish a complete copy of what was filed, including any 1099s. GUZ IV likes to see 3 years of tax info.

Edited by Darnell

Timeline

ah - splitting joint filers info, showing amounts on the I-864, that's beyond me, alas.

for other stuff - if you aren't using tax transcripts from IRS, then you have to furnish a complete copy of what was filed, including any 1099s. GUZ IV likes to see 3 years of tax info.

Is tax trsnscript ordered from online (sent as a file from IRS) ok for submiting with AOS and for interview? is there difference of original or photocopy tax transcript?

If I use tax transcript as proof, no 1040, W2 and 1099 needed, right?

Timeline

Is tax trsnscript ordered from online (sent as a file from IRS) ok for submiting with AOS and for interview? is there difference of original or photocopy tax transcript?

If I use tax transcript as proof, no 1040, W2 and 1099 needed, right?

When I request tax return transcript for 2010, it's not available.

Timeline

When email AOS package, should I combine coversheet, AOS receipt, I-864 form and other supporting document as one big PDF file, or attach all these individual files in the single email?

My question is raised because some instruction says that you must put coversheet with barcode as the first page of your package, receipt as the second page, then cover page, all other documents must follow the same order listed in cover page. Is this for mail processing? is it also applied for EP?

Timeline

it applies for EP as well - the document reviewers, even for EP, are used to seeing stuff in that order.

Will answer other Q's this evening, but do suggest you practice with CutePDF , reducing DPI to 200, greyscale/black and white.

Timeline

Definitive Tax Transcripts Page, for ordering -

IRS Tax Transcripts http://www.irs.gov/individuals/article/0,,id=110571,00.html

Timeline

it applies for EP as well - the document reviewers, even for EP, are used to seeing stuff in that order.

Will answer other Q's this evening, but do suggest you practice with CutePDF , reducing DPI to 200, greyscale/black and white.

Darnell, so should I send one PDF file with all the documents in the package, OR attach all the individual documents in the package?

Timeline

either is fine. multiple file attachments in an email is fine.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.