yankeesfan

wife passed interview??

9 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Hi im not sure if my wife is done with the interview or not, she did not have a correct PCC, so they told her to bring it in to VFS, but they did give everything i sent from here back and had her sign DS-230 part 2, page 4. They did not take the passport though, so i don't know what this means. any clarification or experiance in this matter would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Timeline

Means visa is not granted yet, she will have to get the correct PCC and they should have given her some form like 221(g) or something which show the documentation was not complete.

She will have to submit the PCC and the passport back to VFS and if all that is correct then her passport would be stamped with the visa.

She does not need to do the interview, she is done with the interview.

Timeline

Means visa is not granted yet, she will have to get the correct PCC and they should have given her some form like 221(g) or something which show the documentation was not complete.

She will have to submit the PCC and the passport back to VFS and if all that is correct then her passport would be stamped with the visa.

She does not need to do the interview, she is done with the interview.

cool thanks for the info yea they did give that slip that says she needs the Passport clearance cert. Actually she actualy had a passport police cert but they said it was not the right one, someone interviewing showed the right one, so any ideas on how long it takes to get one?

Timeline

cool thanks for the info yea they did give that slip that says she needs the Passport clearance cert. Actually she actualy had a passport police cert but they said it was not the right one, someone interviewing showed the right one, so any ideas on how long it takes to get one?

Which one did she take for interview, for India there are 2.

1-Police Clearance

2-Passport Clearance

Someone was telling me now they only need the passport clearance they are not asking for the police clearance, but I had taken both.

It took 4-6 weeks from Mumbai, it could depend on where your wife is from.

Timeline

Which one did she take for interview, for India there are 2.

1-Police Clearance

2-Passport Clearance

Someone was telling me now they only need the passport clearance they are not asking for the police clearance, but I had taken both.

It took 4-6 weeks from Mumbai, it could depend on where your wife is from.

gujrat, yea the passport clearance. damn really that long?well this sucks if its really that long cuz everything else was perfect.

Timeline

gujrat, yea the passport clearance. damn really that long?well this sucks if its really that long cuz everything else was perfect.

If its police clerance then she will have to make sure she covers all the police station under whose jurisdiction she has ever lived.

The passport clerance, did she get it from the passport office and did they give her a letter saying she was good to travel?

Edited by Harsh_77

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: India
Timeline

I asked for clarification regarding the Police Clearance Certificate and the guys that had gone through the process wrote stating that the Passport Police Clearance is the one that the US Consulates in India are looking for.

However the Passport Offices are generally asking for the Local Police Clearance Certificate before issueing their Police Clearance. Some Passport Offices are insisting on a copy of Interview letter from NVC.

We haven't submitted our DS-230 but are prepared and ready to submit both Local nad Passport Clearance Certficates.

USA

01/08/13 - Approved and GC is order for production on 1/8/14

09/12/13 - Case transferred to CSC. NOA2 received on 09/18/13

08/30/13 - Biometrics Done - No walk ins allowed at this LSC (received on 8/16/13).

08/05/13 - NOA1 (received on 08/10/13)

08/01/13 - Mailed I-751 (received on 8/2/13 - check cashed on 8/5/13)

12/28/11 - Received SSN (applied on 12/20/11, as we didn't get based on DS-230 options)
11/28/11 - Received Green Card (Expires on 10/30/13) - Welcome Letter on 11/17/11
10/30/11 - POE - Houston, TX

Chennai Consulate (40 days)
10/28/11 - Received Visa papers and Passport at VFS
10/25/11 - Interview Cleared Successfully (Spouse was not allowed in)

NVC: (90 days from NOA2 to Consulate)
08/31/11 - Case Completed (Interview 10/25/11) - Received at Chennai on 09/19/11
07/22/11 - NVC Case Number

USCIS: (92 days)

6/21/11 - NOA2 (NOA1 on 3/25/11) - took a month to get to NVC
3/21/11 - I-130 sent to USCIS Lockbox, Chicago.

Filed: Country: India
Timeline

I just mailed my fathers DS-230 on 07/14. I had to emailed my father the missing checklist and he took that to the local Gujarat (Ahmadabad office) he was able to get his "Police Verification Certification" and "Police Clearance Certificate". I did put original copy in my mailed packet with affidavit of support packet.

I knew that we needed to submit two document however police station and other legal office in India are crazy. They were asking for some kind of immigration processing proof. This delayed my processing time I did not want to take the risk and wait last minute and let my father bring missing documents of the interview day.

Timeline

I asked for clarification regarding the Police Clearance Certificate and the guys that had gone through the process wrote stating that the Passport Police Clearance is the one that the US Consulates in India are looking for.

However the Passport Offices are generally asking for the Local Police Clearance Certificate before issueing their Police Clearance. Some Passport Offices are insisting on a copy of Interview letter from NVC.

We haven't submitted our DS-230 but are prepared and ready to submit both Local nad Passport Clearance Certficates.

yes they would ask for that proof, but if you can convience them and just use the printout from the consulate page that you need the clerance certificate and they should work.

I did the same with mumbai police they asked me first time but when I submitted the request they did not care about the request for clerance.

I used both police and passport and its funny passport is based on the similar to police clerance and they go thru the same process yet embassy needs both.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.