Doanh M.

Point of Entry - customs in Chicago, US - how long does it take

3 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Hi all,

We got our K1 visa 2 days ago.

I finally was able to book the ticket for my fiance to come with me in November to come with me to the US.

The thing is in Chicago we only have 2 hours to go through immigration until the next flight.

My question for you guys is that how long does it take for my fiance to go through custom at Point of Entry.

For regular US citizen like ourselves - 2 minutes. BUt how long does it take with a K1 visa? Is there anything we need to do for preparation before this POE.

We are just a little worried that we won't make it for the next flight.

Thanks ahead

Doanh

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Depends on line length of course. Normally shouldn't take longer than 30 minutes. My wife and step daughter took two hours because the Embassy in Manila had screwed up the daughters visa. They issued the step daughter a K1 just like mom. I had allowed 3 hours between flights and they still made it fine.

Filed: Timeline

Hi all,

We got our K1 visa 2 days ago.

I finally was able to book the ticket for my fiance to come with me in November to come with me to the US.

The thing is in Chicago we only have 2 hours to go through immigration until the next flight.

My question for you guys is that how long does it take for my fiance to go through custom at Point of Entry.

For regular US citizen like ourselves - 2 minutes. BUt how long does it take with a K1 visa? Is there anything we need to do for preparation before this POE.

We are just a little worried that we won't make it for the next flight.

Thanks ahead

Doanh

My husband entered through SFO and it took 5mins. :)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.