Dean_De

What documents can I prepare while giving a it a week before calling the NVC??

8 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Ok..I guess, this is just me or typical for us VJ's who had been notified by the USCIS that our I-129F was approved to get so anxious about what we can do right there and then :D Anyways, I was told that we have to call the NVC a week after we were notified about the approved I129 F. So, here are my concerns:

1. What documents can we prepare already at this time?

2. I heard we need to fill out forms The DS something online...can I fill it out already? What are this forms that I have to prepare?

3. After a week from being notified by the USCIS through email and text, what should we ask from the NVC?

4. What are the next step after the supposed call from the NVC?

Well, I guess that is all for now might ask in the near future from you guys when I need some infos. Thank you all and God bless!

Timeline

yes. start filling out your DS-156, 156k and 157.

get your CENOMAR and NBI clearance. make sure it's for travel.

prep the petitioner with all the files he/she needs to provide

check with the NVC if they have received your documents. I'm from MNL...it took me ONE MONTH for them to just receive it.

in short.

while filling out forms. follow up with the NVC if they have your case.

call during operator hours... 7:30 new hampshire time.

about 11pm something MNL Time

Skype has amazing rates... not unless you have a magic jack

Best of luck!

N.Richards and S. Sanderson
Euro-Asian and a Amer-Asian

NVC: Portsmouth, New Hampshire
SC: California Service Center
Consulate: Manila, Philippines

2011-K1 Visa Application Process
3-24: I-129F Sent
3-30: USCIS Withdrew money sent
4-05: NOA1 Received in Arizona
6-18: NOA2 Received in Arizona
7-18: NVC Received case
7-19: AP at NVC
7-21: Case left NVC
8-09: Paid Interview at BPI
8-15: Day 1 Medical at St. Luke's
8-16: Day 2 Medical at St. Luke's
8-22: INTERVIEW USEM MANILA (Approved)

AOS
Lock Box: Chicago IL
12-14: FedEx Express AOS Documents
12-23: Received Text Message and E-mail Confirmation of Documents
12-28: AOS cheque drawn and notifications sent via mail(Finally!)
12-30: Bio-metrics appointment letter received
01-24: Bio-metrics Appointment
03-09: Permanent Residence Interview (With Husband)
Moved to PHX, AZ- Reported it to USICS
03-17: 1st Green card revived in the mail (VALID FOR 2 YEARS -Re Apply in 2013-2014)

11-19: Reported new address to USCIS: Approved

ROC

02-16: Sent i-751 Conditions to remove restrictions

03-13: Bio-metrics Appointment

Timeline

yes. start filling out your DS-156, 156k and 157.

get your CENOMAR and NBI clearance. make sure it's for travel.

prep the petitioner with all the files he/she needs to provide

check with the NVC if they have received your documents. I'm from MNL...it took me ONE MONTH for them to just receive it.

in short.

while filling out forms. follow up with the NVC if they have your case.

call during operator hours... 7:30 new hampshire time.

about 11pm something MNL Time

Skype has amazing rates... not unless you have a magic jack

Best of luck!

good day:) i got magic jack why i can't call the nvc number?

Timeline

good day:) i got magic jack why i can't call the nvc number?

That's strange.

Try purchasing some credit from Skype

it's very affordable.

you don't need too much for one call. Try buying $5.00

that will be more than enough!

AOS
03-17: 1st Green card revived in the mail (VALID FOR 2 YEARS -Re Apply in 2013-2014)

ROC

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Ok..I guess, this is just me or typical for us VJ's who had been notified by the USCIS that our I-129F was approved to get so anxious about what we can do right there and then :D Anyways, I was told that we have to call the NVC a week after we were notified about the approved I129 F.

Did your NOA2 tell you to call the NVC? We got our NOA2 but there was barely any directions other than to notify them if we needed to change embassies. I'm just concerned about what to do next since we didn't get any instructions from USCIS.

Timeline

Did your NOA2 tell you to call the NVC? We got our NOA2 but there was barely any directions other than to notify them if we needed to change embassies. I'm just concerned about what to do next since we didn't get any instructions from USCIS.

My NOA2 did not provide any instructions.

but once your NOA2 has been approved you can start filling out the necessary forms.

AOS

ROC

Timeline

You can call or e-mail NVC to get your MNL number. Have your receipt nimber on th NOA-2 and of course beneficiary and petitioner name. It took a couple of weeks for them to have one for us.

mailto:NVCINQUIRY@state.gov

1-603-334-0700

Press 2 for Non-Haiti-Related issue (Please note that this will probably change after some time)

Press 1 for English

Press 5 for an operator

The Dept of State can tell you if your papers have actually been sent or are at the embassy:

This is where you will be able to find out if your case was received at the Embassy/Consulate. They will not see your case in their system until the NVC has logged it in and applied a case number to it.

1-202-663-1225

Press 1 for the Main Menu

Press 4 for Foreigners Applying To Come To the US

Press 2 for Immigrant Visas (yeah, yeah - we know they're not really)

Press 3 for Family or Employer Based Visas

Press 2 for Fiance(e) visas

Press 0 for an Operator

You can bring your passport and a copy of the passport Bio pages (the pic and printed info on the 1st pages) to BPI and pay for the visa interview now, about 16,900 pesos. You should also know your MNL number in case they ask for it. They usually don't. This can be done anytime. You can call the NVC and get the MNL number 603-334-0700

To schedule online embassy appointment "prettyjan" posted this and it is very accurate You cannot schedule online for at least 4 hours after you get your receipt so it can get in the system:

Be sure to have the beneficiary's passport number and the place of issue and the date of issue and expiration date handy before you start.

1. Go to this website: http://www.ustraveldocs.com//

2. Select the Philippines for the Country pull-down menu.

3. Do not go to the non-immigrant section. Instead, go to the "Immigrant Visas" section and click on "Applying for an Immigration Visa Appointment".

4. From the Immigrant Visa Appointment page, do not click on "Schedule an Appointment". Instead, look further down and click on "K-Visa Appointment Scheduling".

5. From this page, you enter your passport number, case number, payment date, birthdate, and create a password.

6. The next page asks for passport issuance date and experiation date. It also asks for the address to send your passport to after receiving visa. You need to know City, State/Province, and ZIPCODE.

7. After entering the required info, your name goes to a list and your asked if you want to add another applicant. If including a child with K2, select yes.

8. Go through the same process again entering in the information for the child.

9. Here's the tricky part. If something goes wrong and you exit the site but you haven't created the schedule yet, you can't start over again the same way. After the payment date with passport number has been used once, you can't use it again. Instead, you have to go back to the "Applying for an Immigration Visa Appointment" page again. This time you do select the "Schedule an Appointment" link and not the "K-Visa Appointment Scheduling" link. From here, you can re-enter the beneficieries info and add other applicants for the K2 children.

10. After all applicants are entered, you select them all with the check boxes, and select to set an appointment. Make sure all applicants are selected.

11. Now you just select the date you want and the time. It sets all applicants the same.

12. Last, you can download a PDF file for the appointment letters for each applicant.it.

St Lukes is walk in and cost is about 9100 pesos. You can preregister online http://www.slec.ph/home.shtml it helps a little when you get there. You'll need:

Valid passport

Copy of bio pages of passport

Two 2x2 visa photos

Copy of NOA2

Copy of NVC letter sent to petioner that your petition is being sent to Manila (Petitioner should get that soon)

Casa Bocobo is one hotel very near the embassy. It costs about 1000 pesos a night but my fiancee said it was good and very convenient. Just a suggestion.

In the meantime petitioner can get the I-134 ready and organise what you will need for the interview.This is what we did. Form was located at:

http://www.uscis.gov/files/form/i-134.pdf

or http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/uscis Type form number in search

http://photos.state.gov/libraries/manila/19452/public/Revised%20K1%20Instruction%20Packet%20_3__rtf2_001.pdf copy of Manila embassy letter has links to 156 &157 forms needed

Proof of fee payment from BPI

DS-156 2 copies

DS-157 2 copies

DS156K

Valid passport

birth Certificate (NSO)

NBI clearance

CENOMAR

Evidence of meeting within 2 years ( evidence of continuing relationship since 129-f)

Proof of termination of previous marriages

I-134 from petitioner along with proof of income (letter from employer) (letter from bank) ( maybe last 3 years tax transcripts available from IRS, they are free. The number is 800-908-9946. They mail them out quickly

3 visa photographs

medical exam result

We are also adding a new letter of intent with more recent date and proof of engagement just because we have it.

Don't forget the CFO which is about 250 pesos for the seminar and about 450 for the "stamp" on the visa when you get it. This can be done while in Manila or Cebu. Need passport (if you do this before the embassy interview) and copy of passport bio pages,copy of any divorce records They also asked for a pic of us together,petioner's land line number in US,petitioner's mother's maiden name. http://www.cfo.gov.ph/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=1348:fiancee-spouses-and-other-partners-of-foreign-nationals&catid=140

http://www.cfo.gov.ph/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=1396:location-of-smef-cow-offices&catid=124:location-of-cfo-offices

Congrats on your NOA2. Good luck

Timeline

You can call or e-mail NVC to get your MNL number. Have your receipt nimber on th NOA-2 and of course beneficiary and petitioner name. It took a couple of weeks for them to have one for us.

mailto:NVCINQUIRY@state.gov

1-603-334-0700

Press 2 for Non-Haiti-Related issue (Please note that this will probably change after some time)

Press 1 for English

Press 5 for an operator

The Dept of State can tell you if your papers have actually been sent or are at the embassy:

This is where you will be able to find out if your case was received at the Embassy/Consulate. They will not see your case in their system until the NVC has logged it in and applied a case number to it.

1-202-663-1225

Press 1 for the Main Menu

Press 4 for Foreigners Applying To Come To the US

Press 2 for Immigrant Visas (yeah, yeah - we know they're not really)

Press 3 for Family or Employer Based Visas

Press 2 for Fiance(e) visas

Press 0 for an Operator

You can bring your passport and a copy of the passport Bio pages (the pic and printed info on the 1st pages) to BPI and pay for the visa interview now, about 16,900 pesos. You should also know your MNL number in case they ask for it. They usually don't. This can be done anytime. You can call the NVC and get the MNL number 603-334-0700

To schedule online embassy appointment "prettyjan" posted this and it is very accurate You cannot schedule online for at least 4 hours after you get your receipt so it can get in the system:

Be sure to have the beneficiary's passport number and the place of issue and the date of issue and expiration date handy before you start.

1. Go to this website: http://www.ustraveldocs.com//

2. Select the Philippines for the Country pull-down menu.

3. Do not go to the non-immigrant section. Instead, go to the "Immigrant Visas" section and click on "Applying for an Immigration Visa Appointment".

4. From the Immigrant Visa Appointment page, do not click on "Schedule an Appointment". Instead, look further down and click on "K-Visa Appointment Scheduling".

5. From this page, you enter your passport number, case number, payment date, birthdate, and create a password.

6. The next page asks for passport issuance date and experiation date. It also asks for the address to send your passport to after receiving visa. You need to know City, State/Province, and ZIPCODE.

7. After entering the required info, your name goes to a list and your asked if you want to add another applicant. If including a child with K2, select yes.

8. Go through the same process again entering in the information for the child.

9. Here's the tricky part. If something goes wrong and you exit the site but you haven't created the schedule yet, you can't start over again the same way. After the payment date with passport number has been used once, you can't use it again. Instead, you have to go back to the "Applying for an Immigration Visa Appointment" page again. This time you do select the "Schedule an Appointment" link and not the "K-Visa Appointment Scheduling" link. From here, you can re-enter the beneficieries info and add other applicants for the K2 children.

10. After all applicants are entered, you select them all with the check boxes, and select to set an appointment. Make sure all applicants are selected.

11. Now you just select the date you want and the time. It sets all applicants the same.

12. Last, you can download a PDF file for the appointment letters for each applicant.it.

St Lukes is walk in and cost is about 9100 pesos. You can preregister online http://www.slec.ph/home.shtml it helps a little when you get there. You'll need:

Valid passport

Copy of bio pages of passport

Two 2x2 visa photos

Copy of NOA2

Copy of NVC letter sent to petioner that your petition is being sent to Manila (Petitioner should get that soon)

Casa Bocobo is one hotel very near the embassy. It costs about 1000 pesos a night but my fiancee said it was good and very convenient. Just a suggestion.

In the meantime petitioner can get the I-134 ready and organise what you will need for the interview.This is what we did. Form was located at:

http://www.uscis.gov/files/form/i-134.pdf

or http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/uscis Type form number in search

http://photos.state.gov/libraries/manila/19452/public/Revised%20K1%20Instruction%20Packet%20_3__rtf2_001.pdf copy of Manila embassy letter has links to 156 &157 forms needed

Proof of fee payment from BPI

DS-156 2 copies

DS-157 2 copies

DS156K

Valid passport

birth Certificate (NSO)

NBI clearance

CENOMAR

Evidence of meeting within 2 years ( evidence of continuing relationship since 129-f)

Proof of termination of previous marriages

I-134 from petitioner along with proof of income (letter from employer) (letter from bank) ( maybe last 3 years tax transcripts available from IRS, they are free. The number is 800-908-9946. They mail them out quickly

3 visa photographs

medical exam result

We are also adding a new letter of intent with more recent date and proof of engagement just because we have it.

Don't forget the CFO which is about 250 pesos for the seminar and about 450 for the "stamp" on the visa when you get it. This can be done while in Manila or Cebu. Need passport (if you do this before the embassy interview) and copy of passport bio pages,copy of any divorce records They also asked for a pic of us together,petioner's land line number in US,petitioner's mother's maiden name. http://www.cfo.gov.ph/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=1348:fiancee-spouses-and-other-partners-of-foreign-nationals&catid=140

http://www.cfo.gov.ph/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=1396:location-of-smef-cow-offices&catid=124:location-of-cfo-offices

Congrats on your NOA2. Good luck

Thank you so mich for the detailed info. It is highly appreciated!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.