jessicaDiana

k-1 visa police certificate and costs of procedure

5 posts in this topic

hey everyone

me an my fiance just filed for our k-1 visa, yay! and im the beneficiary. me and my fiance are splitting up the costs on who pays what etc etc.

im living in canada, vancouver, and i was just wondering when i have to get my police certificate (or whatever its called that i have to get from the police) does anyone know how much this will cost getting that information?

and also, besides the police certificate and medical, what else is there costs for, for the beneficiary if i were to pay everything on my own as the beneficiary?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

In the U.K it is £35 ($56 US) i assume it is around that price for you also.

I also think you will need to pay for the actual K1 visa prior to the interview.

I am sure there are more experienced people on here but I though I would chuck in my 2 cents!

Timeline

I also think you will need to pay for the actual K1 visa prior to the interview.

I am sure there are more experienced people on here but I though I would chuck in my 2 cents!

$350 for the K1 Visa

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline

No offence here - but as UK prices go, you can almost forget that. They have again changed their forms. You have the ten day option which actually takes 3-4 weeks, so if plenty of time go ahead with that, but bare in mind the certificate is only valid for 6 months, not 12 months like they keep saying.

Or you have the two day option, which will cost you around £70 as a base price. This however can be done swiftly and quickly, however the UK ACPO prefer you send it recorded, and pay then to send it back next day recorded, so add another £12.00($20.00 est) to that price then to speed up the process a postal order - these costs about 10% more on top of the price you need the order for..

Certificate plus

return postage : £77

Photos : £5

Initial Postage : £5

10% on postal Order : £7.70

Also they change the forms alot, so keep your eyes on them, I know this is for the UK certificate, but really dont wait in getting your certificate too long. It becomes an unexpected cost.

01/14/11 - Filed I-129F

01/20/11 - NOA1 Received (Forwarded to the dreaded VSC)

01/28/11 - "Touched"

05/18/11 - NOA2 Approved

06/14/11 - Received Packet 3

06/17/11 - Sent Packet 3

07/22/11 - Medical

09/09/11 - Interview - Approved!

09/15/11 - Visa received

10/05/11 - Flying out

11/02/11 - Married

11/05/11 - I-485 EAD and AP filed!

12/12/11 - I-485 and all that other good stuff received

02/11/12 - Biometrics

02/15/12 - Paper work moved from Vermont to California

02/25/12 - EAD received (expires 02/25/13)

December 2012 still nothing...

Timeline

No offence here - but as UK prices go, you can almost forget that. They have again changed their forms. You have the ten day option which actually takes 3-4 weeks, so if plenty of time go ahead with that, but bare in mind the certificate is only valid for 6 months, not 12 months like they keep saying.

Or you have the two day option, which will cost you around £70 as a base price. This however can be done swiftly and quickly, however the UK ACPO prefer you send it recorded, and pay then to send it back next day recorded, so add another £12.00($20.00 est) to that price then to speed up the process a postal order - these costs about 10% more on top of the price you need the order for..

Certificate plus

return postage : £77

Photos : £5

Initial Postage : £5

10% on postal Order : £7.70

Also they change the forms alot, so keep your eyes on them, I know this is for the UK certificate, but really dont wait in getting your certificate too long. It becomes an unexpected cost.

I sent off for mine paying for regular because i callled up and they said they are dead quiet and will have it to me within 8-10 WD's. Just hope they were telling me the truth!!

And I also hope it is cheaper in Vancouver for your sake jessicaDiana!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.