Rolando y Tania

Colombian Embassy Questions

2 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

Greeting to everybody,

My colombian fiancee and I are going through the K1 Visa process. I have received the NOA1 and a letter for more evidence (passport copies, photos, etc) from a RFE before the NOA2. We submitted all of that and right now I am waiting for their response. I have being looking the forum's topic and I have several question about Packet 3, Packet 4 and the interview process.

Package 3 Questions:

1. Can you get the DAS Certificate out of Bogota? My fiancee live in Medellin, have any one of you gotten this certificate in a local office?

Package 4 Questions:

1. What kind of vaccine records are admissible as proof of vaccination? Here in the state we have the card and we could potentially get them from a pediatrician if he/she still practices. What about there in Colombia?

Embassy Interview:

1. Will the embassy interview be conducted in English or Spanish? If in English, what are the expectations for a fiancee that does not speaks English? I speaks fluent Spanish so there has never being the need for her to brush on her English.

2. After getting the visa approved by the consulate, do we need to receive the physical visa out of the embassy? I heard that they are not handing them anymore at the embassy and that you have to recieve it at the courier or at home.

3. I have tons of photos from my 7 trips to see her but non of them are dated. She lives at my rental apartment in Medellin and we have emails, facebooks correspondence, chats, airplane ticket stubs, etc. What are the best documents for proof of ongoing relationship when going to the embassy interview.

Thanks very much for all responces.

Rolando and Tanya

1) I have received the NOA1 and a letter for more evidence (passport copies, photos, etc) from a RFE before the NOA2.

A)NOA 2 should take around 2 extra weeks

B) extra 2 weeks for NVC to give you ua BGT #

2) Befoare you start talking PKG 3 and 4th

A) Make sure su qualify on your I 864 for on the NVC and GEt your electronic Invoice for 44 Dollars

B) DS 230 Pay in the NVC WEbsite also 440 dollars

C) As you pay and get bar code payment Documents

4) Your Fiance must send her visa request to NH by mail BGT is not a approve electronic process embassy

Note all this process can take up to 2 months max if all is OK and you dont get ref

3) then PKG 3 & 4 and for Fiances a form call 152

You have plenty of time on the search function on Vj's Type your question you will be send to Posts with the info

ALl the best on your jhourney

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.