erika and taylor

to sign or not to sign...

3 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

Seems like everyone says you should wait to sign the DS156 and DS157 until you are in front of the consular officer. here it says to bring the documents signed. http://brazil.usembassy.gov/interview/forms-for-fiancee-visas/order-of-documents-for-the-interview---fiancee.html

Anybody had an issue with this? Anyone who has done this at the Rio consulate recently?

Filed: Country: Brazil
Timeline

I have talked to other brazilian girls who had their interview in Rio, and they all said to just sign the form when you are there. It is something simple and you can do it quick, while you are there. I will sign there! :)

K1 Journey - Vermont Serv. Center
I-29F sent: Nov-12-2010
I-29F NOA1: Nov-17-2010
RFE: Apr-19-2011
*I-29F NOA2: May-23-2011 - Thank you Lord!
Package Left from NVC: Jun-1-2011
Interview Date: Aug-5-2011
K1 Visa Received: Aug-10-2011
US Entry: Aug-12-2011
*Wedding Date: Aug-21-2011!!!

AOS & EAD
Applied for SSN: Aug-30-2011
*SSN received: Sep-09-2011
AOS and EAD process sent (USPS): Sep-26-2011
NOA1 sms notice: Oct-14-2011
Got check back of $380 for EAD: Oct-20-2011
$1070 cashed check: Oct-21-2011
NOA1 hardcopies for I-485 & I-765: Oct-21-2011
Biometrics: Dec-15-2011
*EAD received: Jan-6-2012

I have talked to other brazilian girls who had their interview in Rio, and they all said to just sign the form when you are there. It is something simple and you can do it quick, while you are there. I will sign there! :)

There's one form that says DO NOT WRITE BELOW THIS LINE, make sure you don't sign there because that one you have to sign in front of the CO.

NOA1 - 12/21/15

NOA2 - 04/18/16

NVC Receive - 04/29/16

NVC Welcome - 05/13/16

DS-261 - 05/14/16

AOS, IV PAID - 05/27/16

DS260 done - 06/10/16

Case Transferred to US Embassy in Riga Latvia at the end of October.

If you really want it, you'll find a way!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.