^_^

If debt ceiling does not get raised, which bills should Treasury not pay? Use this interactive tool and tell us.

21 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

OK I did it and here are the things I pay for without raising the debt ceiling:

Interest on securities

Social security benefits

medicare

medicaid

Unemployment Insurance

Military active duty pay

Federal salaries and benefits

Energy department

Federal highway administration

General Services Administration

Justice Dept

Federal Transit Administration

Centers for Disease Control

Here is what i skipped...

Defense vendor payments

veterans Affairs programs

IRS tax refunds

Temporary Assistance for Needy Families

Food Stamps

Small business administration

Education Department

Dept of Housing and urban development

Dept of Labor

EPA

HHS grants

Homeland Security Emergency preparation

NASA

Agency for International Development

Other spending

you're being a downer dude. :lol: surely if they can't get a deal done, obama will sign an extension. wouldn't he? if not...its kinda on him if it hit the fan, isn't it? the extension is there & ready...

will congress give him a 'clean' bill with no cuts, just an extension? i've heard they will have trouble passing that in the house.

OK I did it and here are the things I pay for without raising the debt ceiling:

Interest on securities

Social security benefits

medicare

medicaid

Unemployment Insurance

Military active duty pay

Federal salaries and benefits

Energy department

Federal highway administration

General Services Administration

Justice Dept

Federal Transit Administration

Centers for Disease Control

Here is what i skipped...

Defense vendor payments

veterans Affairs programs

IRS tax refunds

Temporary Assistance for Needy Families

Food Stamps

Small business administration

Education Department

Dept of Housing and urban development

Dept of Labor

EPA

HHS grants

Homeland Security Emergency preparation

NASA

Agency for International Development

Other spending

How many jobs did you just kill?

you're being a downer dude. :lol: surely if they can't get a deal done, obama will sign an extension. wouldn't he? if not...its kinda on him if it hit the fan, isn't it? the extension is there & ready...

Depends. Congress can send him a temporary extension that sets up this fight again later this or next year. As long as he sends that back with a veto before midnight, it's back in Congress' court. All they have to pass is a one-liner raising the debt ceiling so that it carries this country through Jan 2013 and get that back to him prior to midnight on 01 August. He'll sign it and it's all good.

Gee. I only paid for three programs, and told everybody else to get a real job. Work, or die.

With the surplus, I can send everybody that actually paid income taxes in 2010 about a $2000 refund. Thank me later.

Interest on Treasury Securities $29 Billion

Military Active Duty Pay $2.9 Billion

IRS Tax Refunds 3.9 Billion

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

How many jobs did you just kill?

figuring they are 'public sector' jobs and don't actually count, then he killed none! :P

nfrsig.jpg

The Great Canadian to Texas Transfer Timeline:

2/22/2010 - I-129F Packet Mailed

2/24/2010 - Packet Delivered to VSC

2/26/2010 - VSC Cashed Filing Fee

3/04/2010 - NOA1 Received!

8/14/2010 - Touched!

10/04/2010 - NOA2 Received!

10/25/2010 - Packet 3 Received!

02/07/2011 - Medical!

03/15/2011 - Interview in Montreal! - Approved!!!

figuring they are 'public sector' jobs and don't actually count, then he killed none! :P

That's right. It's not like the private economy needs an educated workforce, public peace and order, courts, transportation infrastructure or national security in any way shape or form. Businesses would do just fine if kids rather than wasting time in classrooms could be deployed into mines and do other jobs that are better suited for smaller bodies.

That's right. It's not like the private economy needs an educated workforce, public peace and order, courts, transportation infrastructure or national security in any way shape or form. Businesses would do just fine if kids rather than wasting time in classrooms could be deployed into mines and do other jobs that are better suited for smaller bodies.

:secret: Most of those are local and state government functions. Even national security and immigration were left to the states initially.

:secret: Most of those are local and state government functions. Even national security and immigration were left to the states initially.

And how much of that is cut by $25BN+ for education and transfers to the states that you've just wiped out? I'd imagine that that $25BN funds a state and local position or two in a month's time. After all, we know that public employees make several billion a month...

Timeline

And how much of that is cut by $25BN+ for education and transfers to the states that you've just wiped out? I'd imagine that that $25BN funds a state and local position or two in a month's time. After all, we know that public employees make several billion a month...

Yeah.. I'd sure hate to see what would happen to those Federal tax dollars if the states got to keep them instead of handing them over to a useless pig. :whistle:

nfrsig.jpg

8/14/2010 - Touched!

02/07/2011 - Medical!

Yeah.. I'd sure hate to see what would happen to those Federal tax dollars if the states got to keep them instead of handing them over to a useless pig. :whistle:

Still no mustache and swastika but at least we have a pig already. I think we'll get to the other soon.

That's not what's on the table. Currently the states, including yours, rely on federal funds. If the debt ceiling is not raised, those funds would no longer be available. States would have to raise taxes or start closing schools, get rid of law enforcement and first responders. That's aside from dealing with millions more jobless as the private economy would falter all the same. Not a pretty picture either way.

Edited by Mr. Big Dog

Timeline

Still no mustache and swastika but at least we have a pig already. I think we'll get to the other soon.

That's not what's on the table. Currently the states, including yours, rely on federal funds. If the debt ceiling is not raised, those funds would no longer be available. States would have to raise taxes or start closing schools, get rid of law enforcement and first responders. That's aside from dealing with millions more jobless as the private economy would falter all the same. Not a pretty picture either way.

States DO NOT rely on Federal Funds.

There is no such thing as "Federal Funds."

There is money taken from you and me and given to another state. Those are the PEOPLE's funds. If THE PEOPLE kept their funds, a long with the states, we'd be a lot better off.... except for losers like California who never met a spending bill they didn't like.

nfrsig.jpg

8/14/2010 - Touched!

02/07/2011 - Medical!