thearthen

Wong Expiry Dates on EAD, taking close to 7 months

3 posts in this topic

Hi guys,

I applied for my OPT Visa on Dec.24 via my college.

Received the EAD card on Feb 24, with the WRONG expiry dates.

Instead of Feb24 2011 to Feb 24 2012, they put Feb24 2010 to 2011.

Been calling USCIS hotline number for the past 4 months, only to be rebounded back and forth like a basketball. 5 expedite requests made, 6th one denied.

AFTER 4 MONTHS OF TALKING TO ROTATING REPS WHERE I HAD TO RETELL THE SAME STORY OVER AND OVER AGAIN,

They FINALLY suggested that I send back my defective card to the Vermont Processing Center.

Keep in mind that NONE of the hotline reps have ever told me I needed to resend back the defective card.

Emailed Vermont Processing Center, explaining the WHOLE story, only to have a NITWIT reply me and give me...guess what...

the HOTLINE NUMBER which I have been calling in vain for the past 4 months.

Finally, emailed my School reps and SCREAMED at them to pressure USCIS.

Finally, now USCIS just emailed to say they're processing my card, and will take 2 weeks to send to my school, which will take ANOTHER 2 weeks for my school to send it to me.

IT IS ALREADY MID-JULY! AND MY "END DATE" IS THIS COMING FEBRUARY!

THIS IS INFURIATING!!!!!

And I don't know if USCIS has extended my expiry dates, BECAUSE HALF OF MY WORKING PERIOD IS GONE DUE TO USCIS'S SLOPPINESS!

Do you think USCIS would extend my expiry dates?

Thoughts and suggestions will help so much.....

Thanks...

Teo

Edited by thearthen

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.