MalloryEvans

Fiance (UK beneficiary) scheduled his medical BEFORE the interview at the US embassy.

7 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline

My fiance from England misread something and long story short, he called and scheduled his medical, and then less than one week before the medical exam (which is to take place tomorrow) sent off the stuff to the US Embassy in London.

Now he reads on the list of things he is supposed to take to the medical "Appointment letter from the United States Embassy" ... Obviously he doesn't have that because he only just sent off the stuff to the Embassy! He's in full on panic mode thinking they're going to tell him no dice on the medical, and that he has to wait until he has that 'Appointment Letter'...

Does anyone else have a similar experience? He's supposed to get on the train to London in less than 10 hours. Will he be okay without this letter?

K-1 Fiance Visa

I-129F sent in - 10/7/10

NOA 1 - 10/15/10

RFE - 3/17/11 (the RFE was a bogus stall tactic)

RFE - 5/12/11 (another bogus, I told them I sent what they requested twice and threatened to call a state representative)

NOA 2 - 5/17/11 (they suddenly found the stuff they said they didn't have!)

Consulate received - 5/27/11

Packet 3 sent - 7/13/11

Medical - 7/15/11

Interview - 8/24/11 at 9AM GMT - APPROVED

Visa in hand - 8/30/11

POE - 9/3/11 - Newark

Wedding - 10/22/11

AOS

Sent packet - 11/22/11

Packet received at Chicago lockbox - 11/24/11

NOA 1 - 12/12/11

Check cashed/cleared - 12/12/11

Notice of biometrics appointment - 12/19/11

Biometrics appointment - 1/10/12 12PM in Saint Louis

My heart is in England in America with me!.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline

He'll be fine. You can have your medical as long as you have your nvc case number :) I had my medical a few week ago and i haven't got an interview date yet. Good luck :)

event.png

Christian (25) USC

Jessika (23) UKC

<3

http://www.facebook.com/jessitoburrito

Timeline

He'll be fine. You can have your medical as long as you have your nvc case number :) I had my medical a few week ago and i haven't got an interview date yet. Good luck :)

Thank you so much. I had a feeling everything would be fine but he got pretty upset. We filed nearly a year ago. It took nearly 8 months to even get our NOA2. Needless to say, any more delays and one of us will go supernova!

K-1 Fiance Visa

I-129F sent in - 10/7/10

NOA 1 - 10/15/10

RFE - 5/12/11 (another bogus, I told them I sent what they requested twice and threatened to call a state representative)

Packet 3 sent - 7/13/11

Medical - 7/15/11

Visa in hand - 8/30/11

POE - 9/3/11 - Newark

Wedding - 10/22/11

AOS

Sent packet - 11/22/11

NOA 1 - 12/12/11

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline

EEEEKKKK!! 8 months thats such a long time. I'm sure it'll go fast for ya from now on :) Goooood luck :D

event.png

Christian (25) USC

Jessika (23) UKC

<3

http://www.facebook.com/jessitoburrito

Just to support what the others have said: your fiance will need to have the medical and the Embassy will need to receive the results from this before they'll even look at booking an interview, so not sure where the 'appointment letter' came from. The fact he was able to book a medical shows that things were in order, I would have thought.

I had my medical over a week ago now, and I haven't had an interview date as yet - no biggie, and best to get the medical out of the way a.s.a.p.

L

Timeline

Thanks so much everyone! His medical went wonderfully! He said they didn't even ask about any letters.

K-1 Fiance Visa

I-129F sent in - 10/7/10

NOA 1 - 10/15/10

Packet 3 sent - 7/13/11

Medical - 7/15/11

Visa in hand - 8/30/11

POE - 9/3/11 - Newark

Wedding - 10/22/11

AOS

Sent packet - 11/22/11

NOA 1 - 12/12/11

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.