rdbdds

Why do you have to get biometrics for ROC?

4 posts in this topic

I am very very far away from ROC (still waiting for GC approval), but we did biometrics for AOS. It isn't like her fingerprints change, so why the second biometrics?

Should I assume that naturalization will also require another set of biometrics?

USCIS

Nov 04, 2010 - Sent out i-129f

Nov 10, 2010 - Packet received

Nov 11, 2010 - NOA1

Nov 16, 2010 - 'touched'

Jan 25, 2011 - APPROVED!! NOA2 !! WOWZERS!

NVC

Jan 28, 2011 - Received, case number assigned

Feb 01, 2011 - Mailed to US Embassy in Buenos Aires

Embassy

Feb 08, 2011 - Received Packet 3 from US Embassy

Feb 22, 2011 - Handed Pack 3 directly to Embassy

Mar 16, 2011 - Call from Embassy for Interview

Mar 17, 2011 - Interview - APPPPPPRROOOVVEEEEEDDDDDDDDD

Mar 29, 2011 - K1 Received

Mar 31, 2011 - POE Houston (no hassle)

Apr 01, 2011 - Married

AOS, EAD, ETC

Apr 01, 2011 - Filed for SSN

Apr 14, 2011 - Received SSN

Apr 21, 2011 - Mailed AOS, EAD packet via overnight

Apr 22, 2011 - Confirmed USPS del of packet

May 31, 2011 - NOA1 Email

Jun 07, 2011 - Hard Copy NOA1

Jun 07, 2011 - RFE email

Jun 20, 2011 - RFE hard copy (due in 87 days)

Jun 21, 2011 - RFE mailed out

Jun 22, 2011 - Biometrics in Boston

Jun 29, 2011 - 'touched'

Jun 30, 2011 - Travel Doc approved

Jul 07, 2011 - Work authorization approved

Jul 11, 2011 - Work Authorization received

Jul 13, 2011 - Received notice for interview Aug 15

Aug 15, 2011 - Approved! FINALLY DONE! (for now)

Oct 03, 2011 - Finally got the damn GC, except they put issue date 2007, expiration 2009 instead of issue 2011 expiration 2013. Rather than reissue the damn thing, they sent an i-90 form to complete and request a new one! Why?

I am very very far away from ROC (still waiting for GC approval), but we did biometrics for AOS. It isn't like her fingerprints change, so why the second biometrics?

Should I assume that naturalization will also require another set of biometrics?

USCIS can only store the bio-metrics up to 15 months, why? as an IT professional, I will say "it is expensive and very difficult to store such information for a long while and also retrieve the info whenever it is needed" so that is why you have to renew your bio-metrics every fifteen months.

Hope this helps

Filed: Other Timeline

Yes,

every time you file a new application with USCIS, they want to make sure you haven't changed your fingers, your DNA, and didn't have a face transplant.

They also want your money, as that's the American Way of Life.

There is no room in this country for hyphenated Americanism. When I refer to hyphenated Americans, I do not refer to naturalized Americans. Some of the very best Americans I have ever known were naturalized Americans, Americans born abroad. But a hyphenated American is not an American at all . . . . The one absolutely certain way of bringing this nation to ruin, of preventing all possibility of its continuing to be a nation at all, would be to permit it to become a tangle of squabbling nationalities, an intricate knot of German-Americans, Irish-Americans, English-Americans, French-Americans, Scandinavian-Americans or Italian-Americans, each preserving its separate nationality, each at heart feeling more sympathy with Europeans of that nationality, than with the other citizens of the American Republic . . . . There is no such thing as a hyphenated American who is a good American. The only man who is a good American is the man who is an American and nothing else.

President Teddy Roosevelt on Columbus Day 1915

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.