coldwatersurf

It didnt work out :( now what do i do?

17 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Tanzania
Timeline

There is a 6 month waiting period for divorce in California - you will not be divorced by the end of the year. I petitioned for a divorce over a year ago and it is still not finalized *sigh*. Of course, yours may be quicker if you have a lawyer. You probably won't have the divorce finalized by the time you have to apply for ROC, which means you will have to send the divorce decree in later. Do NOT miss the deadline to file for ROC!

Nevermind - missed your earlier post and thought you were in California :blush:

K-3 Visa

Service Center: California Service Center

Consulate: Tanzania

01-01-2007 Marriage

01-24-2008 I-130 Sent

02-14-2008 I-130 NOA1

02-20-2008 I-129F Sent

02-22-2008 I-129F NOA1

05-07-2008 I-129F/I-130 NOA2

05-15-2008 NVC Received

05-19-2008 Consulate Received

I filed my ROC under a waiver BEFORE my GC expired. You dont have to do this and i wasnt going to but why wait?Im soo glad I did it sooner rather then later

Today I received my GreenCard with no RFE's and no interview. As long as you are meticulas with my package (mine was about 6inches thick). It was difficult sifting through the life i had with my ex husband and bringing up memories, and I probably put more in then I should have but just for my own peice of mind I put everything I could think of in there. I probably didnt need it but why not?? It probably saved me from getting and RFE.

Just take the time to do, as I said its hard and stirs up memories but gather as much as you can and more, its worth it in the end!

Also remember that whilst this site is excellent, people can also make you a lot worried then you need to be by the various pieces of advise they give. Remember that all cases are different and it comes down to your package and the IO! I had sleepless nights due to some advice on this (not that anyone was trying to be mean)

I also think that a well constructed collection of things makes it easier eg contents page and a cover letter explaining your situation.

Despite the gov. flaws with how they handle things, I really think that if a case was enetered in good marriage, they dont just want to throw you out of the country..they just need to see evidence of this...as anyone would! Put yourself in the IO shoes. What would you need to see if youve never met the person to approve the case?

Good Luck, dont stress and send off soon as you can. Youll be fine :thumbs:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.