loveubabe

Interview before packet 3?

6 posts in this topic

Regarding a K-1 visa... I have been seeing information that you may be able to interview before receiving packet 3 from the manila embassy. If you get your manila case number from the NVC via email and then you pay your BPI, you can schedule an appointment at the embassy. Do they allow you to goto the appointment without the eligibility letter? Is all of this true? Is there anything in packet 3 you have to have?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Regarding a K-1 visa... I have been seeing information that you may be able to interview before receiving packet 3 from the manila embassy. If you get your manila case number from the NVC via email and then you pay your BPI, you can schedule an appointment at the embassy. Do they allow you to goto the appointment without the eligibility letter? Is all of this true? Is there anything in packet 3 you have to have?

yes its true, you can have your interview sched without your eligibility letter, "dont wait for it, theres nothing in there, its just a notification" what is important is your MNL case number and if your case is already uploaded in thesystem of manila embassy..you can call them to follow up..then by that time you will know your status...just call them from time to time..the K1 packet is already online you can prepare all your documents ahead of time...check this out...this is the K1 packet:

photos.state.gov/libraries/manila/19452/public/Revised K1 Instruction Packet _3__rtf2_001.pdf..

hope it answers your questions..goodluck

yes its true, you can have your interview sched without your eligibility letter, "dont wait for it, theres nothing in there, its just a notification" what is important is your MNL case number and if your case is already uploaded in thesystem of manila embassy..you can call them to follow up..then by that time you will know your status...just call them from time to time..the K1 packet is already online you can prepare all your documents ahead of time...check this out...this is the K1 packet:

photos.state.gov/libraries/manila/19452/public/Revised K1 Instruction Packet _3__rtf2_001.pdf..

hope it answers your questions..goodluck

Is the case uploaded electronically to Manila from the NVC? Once I have the Manila case number, then do I call the manila embassy every day to see if they received it? or is there a better way to track it? Because I have seen posts where people are tracking a package visa DHL from NVC to Manila.

Thanks for the info.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Is the case uploaded electronically to Manila from the NVC? Once I have the Manila case number, then do I call the manila embassy every day to see if they received it? or is there a better way to track it? Because I have seen posts where people are tracking a package visa DHL from NVC to Manila.

Thanks for the info.

as soon as you get your MNL number from NVC,,give it a week then can start calling manila embassy to follow up your case, thats the best way to track your case at the manila embassy...better talk to the agent...this is the number:

US EMBASSY MANILA Immigrant Visa (IV) inquiry line at

(632) 301-2000, extension 5184 or 5185

this number is for scheduling your interview:

US embassy number:

02) 982 5555 & 902- 8930

applicants who can track their package through dhl, are those, i think the IR/CR1 category....

The NVC will send your physical file to the U.S. Embassy Manila. The Embassy must not only receive your physical file, but they must also enter it into their system. Once they have entered it into their system, you will be able to schedule an interview.

There is no need to wait around for the Embassy to send you the eligibility letter. Just wait a week (or two) after your physical file leaves the NVC, then pay your visa fee at BPI and begin trying to schedule your interview either online or through the Embassy's call center.

It's not necessary to call the Embassy to find out your case status. Instead, simply try to schedule your interview every day. When you are finally able to schedule your interview, you will know that your physical file has been entered into their system.

Best wishes for a smooth and speedy visa journey! :star:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.