quickatie

DCF Italy - Passport Validity

3 posts in this topic

Hello everyone,

PACKET 3 ARRIVED TODAY!!!!!! :dance:

I'm sure this will open up a lot more questions from my end, this is the first one:

One of the first things that my husband will need is a "passport that is valid for travel to the US". For all of you Italian DCFers, does this mean that my husband needs the stupid 50 euro "bollo" on his passport?? He's traveled several times to the states without ever getting this, even though technically he's supposed to have a valid "bollo" (government taxed stamp) for every year that he travels. Should we just bite the bullet and shell out 50 buck so that there's no hold up at the consulate??

Whoever filed in Italy - to get the "bollo" or not???

Thanks!

Thanks!!

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: Country: Italy
Timeline

We just did it (DCF) and we just have the original bollo that my husband paid for when he got his passport, over two years ago. We never paid it again. It says "tasso pagato per un anno" or something like that inside, but it doesn't say what year from what I can see. Regardless I don't think the US government cares, as long as the passport is valid in terms of its expiration date. The bollo is an internal Italian thing so I think it's OK.

Thanks! I think you're right... the US govt is probably not going to care. I'll probably buy it just in case. I would hate for that stupid useless stamp (or lack thereof) to postpone this process in anyway.

My interview's coming up next month!! Very excited. Thanks for the input on your experience :)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.