cubaqueen

Kingston I-134 requirements

7 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Hello,

I have searched for the answers to my questions, but have found different responses so I would appreciate if anyone who had their I-134 accepted at Kingston could respond to my questions.

Tax transcripts

Are these ok to send instead of Tax returns and W2s? (I believe it is from what I read.) How many years do I need to provide for the fiance visa? I have read 1 on some forums, but some people say they sent the last 3 years. (I thought 3 years was only for the I-864 form.)

Bank statements

I believe the I-134 form mentions including a letter from the bank that shows deposits for the past year, the date the account opened and the present balance. Is this a requirement?

Secondly,I will not be stating savings as an asset on the I-134 form so do I need to send bank statements or letters from my bank at all? Will I need to send it for my checking account if I don't send it for my savings so that they still receive some form of bank statement?

Paystubs

I will be sending the letter from my employer that states my annual income. Will I need to send pay stubs to support this too? I have read some people only send about 3, but others send all from the past 6 months. Which is correct if I need to send any?

I'm sorry for asking so many questions, but I want to get this right. I hope this topic will help to flesh out this topic's search.

Thanks for your help!

Timeline

I sent three years of tax transcripts from the IRS (not tax returns). I also sent the bank letter and not bank statements. If there is an account that is not reported on the bank letter, I think you should send the bank statement. I also sent three pay stubs and two years of W-2's.

Hope this helps!

Timeline

I sent three years of tax transcripts from the IRS (not tax returns). I also sent the bank letter and not bank statements. If there is an account that is not reported on the bank letter, I think you should send the bank statement. I also sent three pay stubs and two years of W-2's.

Hope this helps!

I sent 3 years tax returns with W-2's, letter from employer and the 2 most recent paystubs. I sent bank statements from the account that he had the card to so that they can see this was how I was sending him money.

Timeline

I sent last three tax returns with w-2, employment verfication letter with last 3 pay stubs, notorized bank letter savings only (opening date, monthyl balance average, and balance to date), retirement quarterly statement. I was over the poverty line requirement with just salary but I know that the Jamaican embassy has a tendency to "ask for the moon " during the interview, I wanted Brownie to be prepared. Good luck!

July 2007 We met in Jamaica, WI (Monetgo Bay) through mutual friends
Oct. 2010 Formally Engaged!!!!
Nov 1, 2010 Mailed I-129F to Lewisville, TX (via Fed Ex)
Nov 2, 2010 Fed Ex received by J. Cates
Nov 5, 2010 NOA1 (via email notification) off to Vermont we go!!!!!!
Nov 8, 2010 Touch and Check was cashed!!
Nov 10 2010 Touch and Hard Copy of NOA1 received
Nov 12 2010 Touch
Nov 15 2010 Touch

ROC

Sept 30. 2013 Mailing i-751

Timeline

Thanks everyone. I went to my bank today and they don't give letters with the deposits listed for the past year. They only provide the average balance. Do you think I need to press for a hand written letter if it is only for a checking account? I make more than the 125% of the poverty line for my fiance and myself.

I am getting what I need to show proof of income so do I need the bank info at all?

It seems like it will be harder to get.

Timeline

Believe me, we all know this over whelming but really take a look at what packet 4 listed, its pretty simple and straight forward...

"Evidence of Support: Typically, evidence submitted will consist of a Form I-134 http://kingston.usem...fees/forms.html completed by the petitioning fiancé/fiancée along with the sponsor’s most current taxes and W2 statements, current bank statements, earnings statements, and an employment letter."

In my case I got the letter to substantiate the bank statements (because I printed them myself). My opinion for what's worth...send the required information, you don't want to have doubts once you hand off the materials to your finace.

Edited by Brownie07

July 2007 We met in Jamaica, WI (Monetgo Bay) through mutual friends
Oct. 2010 Formally Engaged!!!!
Nov 1, 2010 Mailed I-129F to Lewisville, TX (via Fed Ex)
Nov 2, 2010 Fed Ex received by J. Cates
Nov 5, 2010 NOA1 (via email notification) off to Vermont we go!!!!!!
Nov 8, 2010 Touch and Check was cashed!!
Nov 10 2010 Touch and Hard Copy of NOA1 received
Nov 12 2010 Touch
Nov 15 2010 Touch

ROC

Sept 30. 2013 Mailing i-751

Timeline

Thanks Brownie. I will take your advice and send the letter that they gave me and send my bank statements with the deposits highlighted. That is what the lady at the bank said I should do since they don't give a list of deposits.

I was just checking to see if anyone had sent the form without bank statements, but no one has said so.

It is also not a savings account so I didn't know if it would help. We will see.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.