Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  

Packet 3 and photos requirements for Vancouver Consulate

3 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

Hi, it's me again.

I just received my packet 3 instructions and I am confused. I have a couple of questions, so please bare with me...

1- The only documents I am supposed to submit to the Vancouver Consulate is the 3 forms they needed right? DS-230, DS-156K and DS-156? Is this correct?

2- Also on the form DS-156K do I attach my birth certificate, evidence of financial support, and my police certificate?

3- I only have 3 passport pictures and I need 2 more but I don't want to pay again to get another set. Is there a solution to solve this problem?

4- One more thing, I am the beneficiary and I have been unemployed for years now but my fiance has been working at a stable job and has not be unemployed. Is this gonna be a problem for me and will it affect my K-1 Visa?

Please help.

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

I am not sure if Vancouver and Montreal are more or less the same, but assuming they are:

2. Don't send in your birth certificate, evidence of financial support, police certificate. That will all be asked of you at the interview.

4. Your income does not matter. Nor does your unemployment. All they really care about is the USC being able to support you.

Hopefully others who have been through the Vancouver consulate can answer the other two questions. :)

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites
Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada

What forms should be send back to the Consulate?

DS-230 Part 1


both via fax


-------------------------------------------- as1cE-a0g410010MjgybHN8MDA5Njk4c3xNYXJyaWVkIGZvcg.gif

Your I-129f was approved in 5 days from your NOA1 date.

Your interview took 67 days from your I-129F NOA1 date.

AOS was approved in 2 months and 8 days without interview.

ROC was approved in 3 months and 2 days without interview.

I am a Citizen of the United States of America. 04/16/13

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites
Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
- Back to Top -

Important Disclaimer: Please read carefully the Visajourney.com Terms of Service. If you do not agree to the Terms of Service you should not access or view any page (including this page) on VisaJourney.com. Answers and comments provided on Visajourney.com Forums are general information, and are not intended to substitute for informed professional medical, psychiatric, psychological, tax, legal, investment, accounting, or other professional advice. Visajourney.com does not endorse, and expressly disclaims liability for any product, manufacturer, distributor, service or service provider mentioned or any opinion expressed in answers or comments. VisaJourney.com does not condone immigration fraud in any way, shape or manner. VisaJourney.com recommends that if any member or user knows directly of someone involved in fraudulent or illegal activity, that they report such activity directly to the Department of Homeland Security, Immigration and Customs Enforcement. You can contact ICE via email at Immigration.Reply@dhs.gov or you can telephone ICE at 1-866-347-2423. All reported threads/posts containing reference to immigration fraud or illegal activities will be removed from this board. If you feel that you have found inappropriate content, please let us know by contacting us here with a url link to that content. Thank you.
  • Create New...