MOandDB

Number to call in Manila re arrival of case in embassy

8 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hi! I've been reading posts regarding people calling the embassy to ask if they've already gotten the applicant's case to schedule the interview. I called the US embassy here in Manila, and they said that that information is not disclosed to them, and only the consulates know when it has already arrived. They said to wait for notice of eligibility. But then I've also read that usually takes a while and that sometimes they don't receive it at all, so I would prefer to know beforehand so I can start taking action here.

So does anyone know the number that I should call here in Manila? Thanks so much!

Try going to the Foreign Clearance Guide - https://www.fcg.pentagon.mil/ and look up your country. At the bottom is a list of embassy numbers. These will not be the immigration information lines, but they sometimes will route you to a consulate officer directy. ( Asneaky way around the main lines) Not promising it will work for everyone, but was effective in El Salvador.

Timeline

Try going to the Foreign Clearance Guide - https://www.fcg.pentagon.mil/ and look up your country. At the bottom is a list of embassy numbers. These will not be the immigration information lines, but they sometimes will route you to a consulate officer directy. ( Asneaky way around the main lines) Not promising it will work for everyone, but was effective in El Salvador.

thank you!!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

try this number..... not sure if they retained the same number after they transferred the department to another building : 301-2000 local 5184 or 5185.... but their website still carries the same (http://manila.usembassy.gov/wwwh3023.html)

i used this number before and i had no problem with following up......

good luck.....

Edited by th and jv

AOS journey

31 March 2011 - Mailed thru USPS (AOS/EAD/AP)

03 April 2011 - NOA (AOS/EAD/AP)

18 April 2011 - successful walk-in biometrics

21 April 2011 - NOA (AOS transfer to CSC)

25 May 2011 - EAD/AP approved

04 June 2011 - EAD/AP combo card received

16 June 2011 - AOS/GC approved

22 June 2011 - GC received by mail

3r4r2ij8einw7.png

Timeline

try this number..... not sure if they retained the same number after they transferred the department to another building : 301-2000 local 5184 or 5185.... but their website still carries the same (http://manila.usembassy.gov/wwwh3023.html)

i used this number before and i had no problem with following up......

good luck.....

thanks! have you scheduled your interview yet? because i was finally able to talk to someone, and they say that they already received the e-file, but not the physical file. i asked if i could schedule my interview now, and they said that i have to wait for my notice of eligibility...but then i don't know how long that would take...

seems like different people i talk to say different things. i would like to get a member's opinion. thanks!!!

For future inquiries, if any, best to email them at ivmanilareplies@state.gov. Put your case number, beneficiary's name and passport number on the subject line. I made the same inquiry and they replied within 24 hours.

I received my elibility letter weeks after I had scheduled my interview. If you don't want to wait too long, after paying your visa fee, you can try scheduling your interview online or by phone (use that link given above for the website address and/or phone number to call) and keep trying everyday until you get in. Your case number will be "invalid" until the embassy has registered your case in their system. It takes about a week or two for that to happen once your case leaves NVC.

Best of luck to you.

Dec 05, 2011: Received U.S. permanent resident status (AOS based on K-1 visa)

Dec 16, 2013: Removal of conditions on green card

Apr 28, 2015: Became a U.S. Citizen

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

my advise is just for you to keep on calling them....

in my case, it took awhile (between them receiving my e-file to receiving my physical file) before they acknowledged receipt of my physical file...

i did not wait for that.....

the letter from them was received by me after i have scheduled my interview....

and when i called them up before that, they told me my papers were "overlooked".....

as long as you have your MNL number, you are good to go......

im just sharing my own experience.....

by the way, arrived here in the states this year (on a K1 visa) and now a greencard holder....

good luck....

thanks! have you scheduled your interview yet? because i was finally able to talk to someone, and they say that they already received the e-file, but not the physical file. i asked if i could schedule my interview now, and they said that i have to wait for my notice of eligibility...but then i don't know how long that would take...

seems like different people i talk to say different things. i would like to get a member's opinion. thanks!!!

AOS journey

31 March 2011 - Mailed thru USPS (AOS/EAD/AP)

03 April 2011 - NOA (AOS/EAD/AP)

18 April 2011 - successful walk-in biometrics

21 April 2011 - NOA (AOS transfer to CSC)

25 May 2011 - EAD/AP approved

04 June 2011 - EAD/AP combo card received

16 June 2011 - AOS/GC approved

22 June 2011 - GC received by mail

3r4r2ij8einw7.png

Timeline

For future inquiries, if any, best to email them at ivmanilareplies@state.gov. Put your case number, beneficiary's name and passport number on the subject line. I made the same inquiry and they replied within 24 hours.

I received my elibility letter weeks after I had scheduled my interview. If you don't want to wait too long, after paying your visa fee, you can try scheduling your interview online or by phone (use that link given above for the website address and/or phone number to call) and keep trying everyday until you get in. Your case number will be "invalid" until the embassy has registered your case in their system. It takes about a week or two for that to happen once your case leaves NVC.

Best of luck to you.

thanks! great help> :)

my advise is just for you to keep on calling them....

in my case, it took awhile (between them receiving my e-file to receiving my physical file) before they acknowledged receipt of my physical file...

i did not wait for that.....

the letter from them was received by me after i have scheduled my interview....

and when i called them up before that, they told me my papers were "overlooked".....

as long as you have your MNL number, you are good to go......

im just sharing my own experience.....

by the way, arrived here in the states this year (on a K1 visa) and now a greencard holder....

good luck....

okay! :) thanks and congratulations!!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.