Babygyrl233

US embassy in Ghana

23 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline

YES!! The embassy finally responded a few million times after I emailed them a few million times. They sent his appointment letter out on 6/28/11 and if he does'nt receive it he can pick up his packet at the embassy on 7/20/11. I'm too excited, but I still know his interview date will not be until maybe later this year or in Jan 2012. :dance:

Timeline

I thought that email address was for the nonimmigrant visa. And this is the immigrant visa situation. I have sent numerous emails. I will try again to both, however when i view theembassy info on this site, it states that they can go pick up package 3 and 4 at the same time but only on wednesdays, and it may take 8 hours to get it. but i will see if i can get the appointment letter first. So are you saying they will give him an appointment letter once I email them and let them know this?

Yes, first the letter will say that they mailed an appointment letter out to your fiancee on such & such a day, but whatever. Then the letter will say, if he hasn't received it, he can report to the embassy on any business Wednesday to pick-up packet 3 & 4. It will tell him that he must show the letter to the officer when he arrives at 7:30 in the morning. When he gets there in the morning the officer will take the letter, and tell him to have a seat outside with everybody else until 2:00pm. Them at 2:00pm someone will come outside to get everyone, and explain to them that someone in the states has petition for them and will give each person their packet, which should have there interview date inside. Everything will sound so great until they open up there packets and see the interview dates, then all hell will break loose. Best of luck to you guys because it's a long journey.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline

So the NVC sent my I-129F fiance visa paperwork to the US Embassy in Ghana on June 8th, 2011. I called embassy in Washington yesterday (7/5/11), and they informed me that package 3 was mailed out to my fiance two weeks ago and he should wait another week. If he does not get it in another week then he should contact the Embassy abroad to send him another. I'm like #######, the embassy abroad does not take phone calls! That's what they told me, and their emails are always automated, there is not human response. They also say he will not be let in the Embassy unless he has an appointment. So what the hell are we supposed to do now?!?! Because on top of that I also hear that it will take 6 months for him to get his interview! :angry::crying: I have no clue where to go from here. I have sent him a copy of the paperwork and let him know he may have to go to the embassy and let them know he has an appointment so he can get in and pick up a package. Does anyone have any other ideas of what we can do at this moment because I'm at a loss. PLEASE HELP! how can he get his package 3 & 4, and will it really take 6 months to get an interview from the us embassy in Ghana???

Please can I get the Washington number you called? Thank you

Timeline

Yes, first the letter will say that they mailed an appointment letter out to your fiancee on such & such a day, but whatever. Then the letter will say, if he hasn't received it, he can report to the embassy on any business Wednesday to pick-up packet 3 & 4. It will tell him that he must show the letter to the officer when he arrives at 7:30 in the morning. When he gets there in the morning the officer will take the letter, and tell him to have a seat outside with everybody else until 2:00pm. Them at 2:00pm someone will come outside to get everyone, and explain to them that someone in the states has petition for them and will give each person their packet, which should have there interview date inside. Everything will sound so great until they open up there packets and see the interview dates, then all hell will break loose. Best of luck to you guys because it's a long journey.

lol. I'm already contemplating a long interview date, but my fiance doesnt want to believe it. its been almost two years we have been together anyway so its already a long journey. thanks for the help. explanations come in different ways

Timeline

lol. I'm already contemplating a long interview date, but my fiance doesnt want to believe it. its been almost two years we have been together anyway so its already a long journey. thanks for the help. explanations come in different ways

Babygirl,Can you please give me a timeline of your jouney.being that we both file to the California service center and the US embassy in Accra, I am trying to use your timeline to gauge how long mine will take.I will be filing in August.Thanks.

Timeline

Babygirl,Can you please give me a timeline of your jouney.being that we both file to the California service center and the US embassy in Accra, I am trying to use your timeline to gauge how long mine will take.I will be filing in August.Thanks.

you can view my timeline. i have updated it

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.