Paul H

Pkt 3 delivered to Montreal, can I book an interview now?

10 members have voted

1. 1. When did you schedule your k-1 interview?

• Once I received pkt 4 in the mail
    • When the Dept of State said pkt 4 was logged/sent
    • As soon as the U.S. Visa Service website let me (pkt 4 not yet logged)
    • As soon as the U.S. Visa Service website let me (pkt 4 was logged/received)

9 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

So Montreal signed for our pkt 3 yesterday July 5th. I checked the U.S. Visa Center website this morning and noticed that it will let me schedule an interview today. Does that mean I can? It's confusing since the web page says if I got that far the consulate either set up an interview for us or have given authority to schedule an appointment, but there is also a check box that asks if you were given authority.

I'll call the DOS today to see if pkt 4 was sent, but even if it wasn't logged yet they could have already given permission and it seems they have so should I book the interview now?

What are your experiences with this?

Thanks,

-Paul and Jennifer

-Paul & Jenni

Timeline

I just called the DOS, but as expected Montreal hasn't logged that pkt 4 was sent yet. So has anyone booked an interview once the Visa website let you before pkt 4 was logged and what was your experience?

Thanks,

-Paul and Jennifer

-Paul & Jenni

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Pkt 4 has to be logged before you're allowed to book your interview. Sorry, you have to wait a little bit longer :/ However my Pkt4 was logged very fast- about a week after they received Pkt3, which I mailed with xpresspost so it got there the next day.

Edited by pocheros

Timeline

Pkt 4 has to be logged before you're allowed to book your interview. Sorry, you have to wait a little bit longer :/ However my Pkt4 was logged very fast- about a week after they received Pkt3, which I mailed with xpresspost so it got there the next day.

Thanks, that's what I thought too. Weird that they open up the website to let you schedule an appointment though. I wonder how many people just go ahead and schedule it before being "authorized". Guess it's time for a poll.

-Paul and Jennifer

-Paul & Jenni

My packet 4 hasn't been sent yet, but since Montreal received my packet 3 last week, I'm just going to call the dept of state every day til I find out packet 4 is on its way. It's too bad the CSC site makes it look like you can go ahead and book, since it's a real temptation! But you aren't allowed so just gotta wait. :blush:

03/15/2011 - NOA1

05/31/2011 - NOA2

06/??/2011 - NVC received

06/14/2011 - Case forwarded to Montreal

06/20/2011 - Packet 3 sent from Mtl

06/27/2011 - Sent Packet 3 back

07/07/2011 - RFE for Packet 3 sent from Mtl

07/18/2011 - RFE sent to embassy

07/21/2011 - RFE logged

07/25/2011 - Packet 4 sent, interview date made

10/31/2011 - Interview...APPROVED!

11/11/2011 - Visa ready for pickup

12/21/2011 - POE

02/24/2012 - Married!

05/14/2012 - AOS, EAD, AP forms sent

05/21/2012 - NOA1

08/13/2012 - AOS interview...APPROVED!

07/21/2014 - I-751 filed

I called DOS and they said it was logged as of that day. Around 6pm that night I checked my email and there was my P4 (booked right after I saw it). I never received a hard copy, glad I did not wait for it!! :)

UJaZm4.png

***Ever thine, ever mine, ever ours... xoxo***

Timeline

Ugh, called the DOS again today, but pkt 4 is still not logged. Lost 14 days of potential interview dates in the last 2 days. :o

-Paul and Jennifer

-Paul & Jenni

Ugh, called the DOS again today, but pkt 4 is still not logged. Lost 14 days of potential interview dates in the last 2 days. :o

-Paul and Jennifer

It really, really sucks. I hate calling the DoS because it's always bad news, yet I NEED to keep phoning because I don't want to miss even one day of potential interview dates. I can't believe other countries get all the post-NOA2 stuff done within a few weeks :(

03/15/2011 - NOA1

05/31/2011 - NOA2

06/??/2011 - NVC received

06/14/2011 - Case forwarded to Montreal

06/20/2011 - Packet 3 sent from Mtl

06/27/2011 - Sent Packet 3 back

07/07/2011 - RFE for Packet 3 sent from Mtl

07/18/2011 - RFE sent to embassy

07/21/2011 - RFE logged

07/25/2011 - Packet 4 sent, interview date made

10/31/2011 - Interview...APPROVED!

11/11/2011 - Visa ready for pickup

12/21/2011 - POE

02/24/2012 - Married!

05/14/2012 - AOS, EAD, AP forms sent

05/21/2012 - NOA1

08/13/2012 - AOS interview...APPROVED!

07/21/2014 - I-751 filed

Timeline

Well I called the DOS today and lo and behold Montreal sent pkt 4 and I have scheduled our interview for Oct 19. WOOHOO!!!! :dance: :dance:

-Paul & Jenni

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.